BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton V Blackburn Preview

Nate

So what come end of the season I think we all know they will be ahead of us! It's really not that bad. For some fans it's great when it goes good e.g. last week but attrocious when we don't play well there is no medium and I'm not picking on you at all. We haven't played well today but every team has bad days and this was one of ours. Allardyce will know now that he picked wrong and this should help us for the rest of the year. We will not relegated this year I guarantee it.

I reckon you're right. Shame some people look as a defeat to slaughter Sam immediately.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what come end of the season I think we all know they will be ahead of us! It's really not that bad. For some fans it's great when it goes good e.g. last week but attrocious when we don't play well there is no medium and I'm not picking on you at all. We haven't played well today but every team has bad days and this was one of ours. Allardyce will know now that he picked wrong and this should help us for the rest of the year. We will not relegated this year I guarantee it.

Any points from United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are a bonus. Every other game should be viewed as one where we give it our all and try to get any points we can.

Today we rolled over and died.

It's all well and good wrapping Kalinic in cotton wool when we're winning, but we're not. It's time players like Kalinic, Di Santo and Hoilett were given more opportunities to prove themselves, because Roberts is hopeless when the going gets tough.

Nelsen

I thought I heard you correctly. So those who are really worried about the team's position are the suicide squad who you constantly berate, you then go on to describe one of our players as dog sh!t. Hmmm.....now I wonder where the logical thoughts are coming from.

Really getting towards the time when serious questions have to be asked.

A blind man and his dog could have seen that the midfield HAD to be addressed, it wasn't; we're paying the price for that oversight.

6 winnable games gone, I think we've played 4 sides who will finish in the bottom half and we've come out with one win and a draw. We've only scored in 2 of those games and only kept a clean sheet in one. It doesn't make for pretty viewing.

Allardyce will know now that he picked wrong and this should help us for the rest of the year.

I hope you're right but I don't share your optimism (up till today I have been).

Andrews played well against Wolves but besides that one game he's been very poor. It's obvious Roberts can't hold up the ball in that single player up front role but Sam persists with both of those decisions. If Sam hasn't got that those two team choices don't work, I doubt he'll stop with the 4-5-1 nonsense.

I'm just really gutted that we've been trounced by a team that found it hard to string a pass together.

I thought I heard you correctly. So those who are really worried about the team's position are the suicide squad who you constantly berate, you then go on to describe one of our players as dog sh!t. Hmmm.....now I wonder where the logical thoughts are coming from.

Careful Paul, that's far too much common sense for the hard of learning :rolleyes:

I'm worried about our position BUT it is only 5 games into a 38 game season. I think we should be in a much better position but, due to inept strikers (Roberts), we are in a dodgy position. Time is still on our side and Sam can turn this around. We have players back but they are not fully fit yet. Don't jump on the Sack Sam bandwagon yet.

The 3 key areas will be:

Our midfield...Can we get decent possesion, break up their play and move forward. No we can't, not with Andrews in the team.

Our set pieces...Give the long throws a bit of a rest. Get Pedersen off corners and free-kicks and give Dunn and Diouf a go. Same old same old... Pedersen is a USELESS taker of corners and set pieces and I think we've scored 1 goal from a throw-in since we started throwing the thing as far as we could.

Our attacking play..... Looks like Roberts alone again and I just can't see us creating too much. I was right of course. he isn't a good enough footballer to play that role. Our midfielders aren't mobile enough to support him. Hence we will be under the cosh in all away games

GIVE THIS TACTIC UP NOW SAM BEFORE THE CROWD AND THE PLAYERS GET SICK OF YOU.

Hopefull of a 1-1. Hope was soon extinguished today.

I'm sick of treating the sh!te like they're Brazil.

Be cautious yes, but we are simply not creative enough in midfield to rely on 1 man up on his own.

If Kalinic isn't better than Roberts on his own then we have wasted our money, as I suspected on Monday night.

Dont bother with them CrazyIvan - 1 loss (probably our only poor performance) and suicide squad are back out in force. Fickle fans who just have a grudge against Sam.

City we played merely OK, no cutting edge.

Ditto Sunderland.

So the manager's tactical masterstroke when we are creating chances but not putting them away? Go from 2 strikers to 1. Hmmmm.

West Ham - dreadful performance.

Wolves - gifted two goals by shocking defending, but played OK. More to do with Wolves being monumentally awful though.

Today - pathetic. Tactically inept, players picked who should be nowhere near the first team.

When he first arrived I thought he did OK, but we've gone backwards since. Still Big Sam knows best eh? Arrogant get.

;)

Frustrating to say the least. Bad day at the office and some tough games to come.

Villa becomes a vital game now, a point is a minimum and they are in good nick.

Ditch the formation. Ditch Jason Roberts. Ditch Keith Andrews. Get Jacobson back in.

I hope Robinson gets the phrase he, once again, deserves for today. Without him it would have been a cricket score.

• Backroom

Whilst Everton did not deserve to win 3-0 today based on the way they played, that is still an awful result against a jaded, average team.

Sam has no choice but to admit he got this one badly wrong. Gutted to see that scoreline. From what I hear we created nothing today.

I hope you're right but I don't share your optimism (up till today I have been).

Andrews played well against Wolves but besides that one game he's been very poor. It's obvious Roberts can't hold up the ball in that single player up front role but Sam persists with both of those decisions. If Sam hasn't got that those two team choices don't work, I doubt he'll stop with the 4-5-1 nonsense.

I'm just really gutted that we've been trounced by a team that found it hard to string a pass together.

Me too to be honest, I'm going to guess that Roberts has played so much because the other strikers have been injured and Kalinic has only just come, hopefully Di Santo and Kalinic play v Forest and play well which will put them in line to play. I reckon when Emerton and Reid get more match fitness they must surely trump Andrews in any position that Andrews can play in, CM, RM or RB I reckon both Reid and Emerton are better.

Well.

POSTIVIVES

1) Hoilett looks very good.

2) Diouf, Dunn, Grella, Givet all played decently enough.

3) We could (should?) have scored three. Created a reasonable amount.

NEGATIVES

1) Salgado - worst debut ever? Gave away two goals. Impossible to believe he has won European Cups.

2) Kalinic. Sorry to say this but he looks terrible. Never even managed to trap his ball. Trying to see the light here but simply can't.

3) Roberts - So poor with the ball at his feet

4) Last 20 minutes we gave up.

5) Samba lost his marbles on three seperate occasions.

6) Chimbonda, Andrews had relatively poor games.

7) Where are the goals going to come from?!?

Everton weren't that good. Created little but took their chances.

This is so diappointing. Damn Jacobsen's wife's timing. If he had played we could have at least got a point from this,

Archived