BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton V Blackburn Preview

Nate

You definitely can't. Very much pro Allardyce, you even intimated that under Bolton he played good football. When we play well we mostly lose, when we play badly we get hammered.

The Ince fans weren't in love with him, they just knew what the alternative was.

Sam 'The Messiah'. Don't make me sick

unfortunately I still don't believe sacking him now is the answer. We have to hope me manage to scrape 17th.

Negative Rovers supporters make me sick. Yes it is a very bad result - but put it down to a bad day at the office.

But to turn on the manager because of one defeat is wrong. 5th game of the season is too earlty to judge.

How many on here have moaned about Big Sams ugly football.

Right now I suggest most would be happy with ugly football if it gets results.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look on the Bright Side.

We werent going to win the league - so lets concentrate on the cup.

Bring on the Forest, when Sam plays the first team.

I'd suggest that Sam is a million miles away from knowing his best team judging by some of the players on regular show.

I also reckon that the reserves would give our 'team' that performed today a decent match. They'd have them for pace that's for sure.

I'd suggest that Sam is a million miles away from knowing his best team.

I also reckon that the reserves would give our 'team' that performed today a decent match. They'd have them for pace that's for sure.

You obviosuly didn't see them the other night, the under 18's would give them a game though

For those slating Kalinic - he came on with 15 mins to go, 3-0 down and when the entire side bar Hoillet had given up. He is not worrying me as he still hasnt been given a chance. There are far more concerning issues.

ROBERTS. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Championship striker. It embarrasses me to see him in our side, and thats not just based on today's performance. Useful substitute but no more.

ANDREWS. Not a good attacker, not a good defender. He is just 'there'. We cant afford any deadwood in the side. A step up from Mokoena? Yes. A useful versatile squad member? Yes. A Premiership starter? NO.

4-5-1. Away from home, understandable. But when you're carrying Andrews, relying entirely on Dunn for creativity and only have Roberts up front, its never going to work. Too many mediocre, negatively minded players. Add that to the defence that didnt show up and thats goodnight.

PLEASE PLEASE ship Andrews to the bench, 442, 2 from Kalinic/McCarthy/Di Santo up front, Dunn/Grella in midfield, Jacobsen at RB, Givet at CB and Hoillet starting on the left instead of Pedersen. Done.

• Backroom

Not much to say other than that things have to change, Roberts simply cannot start he's beyond poor.

The were only a couple of minor plus points to come out of today:

- Dunn still looks dangerous and Diouf was good

- Robinson made some world class saves

- Hoilett impresses every time he's given the chance, within 5 minutes of coming on he;d looked more likely than roberts had all game

- Sam now knows who is firs choice right back is and also has proof Nelsen is past it

Things are going to look a lot worse before they get better, it's going to be a long October

Look on the Bright Side.

We werent going to win the league - so lets concentrate on the cup.

Bring on the Forest, when Sam plays the first team.

We need two strikers to look good together and score there. It is absolutely crucial. Don't care who it is out of Di Santo, Kalinic, McCarthy, Hoilett, but someone has to take the mantle and then bring it inot our league matches.

I would be tempted to start Hoilett at Forest as he is the pick of the bunch imo.

The way ahead for now has to be...

Robinson

Jacobson - Givet - Samba - Chimbonda

Diouf - Dunn - N'Zonzi - Emerton

Di Santo - Roberts

Hoillet, Kalinic and Grella ready to come on.

Don't know where we are with Benni. Nelsen couldn't jump the last time he came back from injury but did get better.

• Backroom
I'd start Hoilett in every match right now. He's the only player who runs at people with pace.

Such a depressing day. Everton played three days ago FFS - where was our freshness?

Agreed, but in my mind at the minute its ABR (Anyone But roberts)

I'd also stick with Pedersen, he put a superb ball across the goal today after dispossessing Saha but nobody gambled on it

Too much negativity on this board for me. There are too many morons on here who do nothing but slate the club from any angle they can.

as a result i shall be deleting my account.

Rovers dont deserve fans like you lot, and you dont deserve a club like rovers.

Andrews had a very good chance to score today, similar to his effort against Wolves last week, which he blasted the ball straight at Howard.

Something to mention, he did had a goal line clearance when super Robbo was well beaten, when we were 3-0 down.

Nice one Keith ;)

Thanks for that.

It's soon after the game, and still a bit raw, but let's try to keep some perspective.

We didn't overreact when we put three past Wolves. Let's not overreact because we shipped three today.

There are reason's to moan:

- We are in the bottom 3

- We have a hell of a fixture list coming up

- Sam seems to keep picking players that most fans cringe at

- Burnley are doing well so we have no-one to laugh at

However, there are reasons to keep a calm head:

- We've only played 5 games and have a game in hand which would see us well clear of the bottom 3, so it's very early days

- We have to play every team twice over the course of the season

- The pressure is pretty much off the team now for the upcoming fixtures so we may just get a few surprises

- We all knew this would be a tough season, probably a relegation battle, so let's worry about winning the games we have to and pick up bonus points if we can - in all likelihood, this was one of Sam's bonus games

- Bumley will get their comeuppance soon enough

If all else fails, today's result may just be the kick up the backside Sam needs to admit (to himself) he needs to start making a few changes.

4-5-1 works when you have good, fast wingers. Not trundlers.

Stick Hoilett and Doran on the wings and then you'd have a team who could threaten other teams. But no, the experience of Diouf and Gamst must remain...

Oh well, could be worse. I read a comment by a Pompey fan along the lines of "Mokoena makes Hayden Mullins and Richard Hughes look like Makelele and Redondo respectively" :P

- We all knew this would be a tough season, probably a relegation battle, so let's worry about winning the games we have to and pick up bonus points if we can - in all likelihood, this was one of Sam's bonus games

Disagree, anything from United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool is a bonus the rest you should be giving your all to take points. Keep in mind this was an Everton side that played on Thursday (we had a week off) and looked far from convincing despite the scoreline. We rolled over and died today which was an utter disgrace.

If all else fails, today's result may just be the kick up the backside Sam needs to admit (to himself) he needs to start making a few changes.

I agree with this, sticking with the same lineup/formation is imo going to see us in serious trouble. He needs to drop some players to either bring someone in who is hungry for a chance or give those players dropped a kick up the backside. All i know is we can't carry on like this.

However, there are reasons to keep a calm head:

- We've only played 5 games and have a game in hand which would see us well clear of the bottom 3, so it's very early days

You forgot to put 'if we win it'.

As has been said, there's a few worse teams than Rovers in the Prem this season, it would take miracle for you to finish below them.

Too much negativity on this board for me. There are too many morons on here who do nothing but slate the club from any angle they can.

as a result i shall be deleting my account.

Rovers dont deserve fans like you lot, and you dont deserve a club like rovers.

Tell me about it. It's totally unacceptable to be disappointed when your team gets roundly thrashed by average at best opposition due to some abysmal tactics and questionable team selection.

Your 'target man' also needs to be able to head the ball.

Is there a worse headerer of the ball than Roberts anywhere in the world?

And hold up the ball. To be fair to Roberts though, it's obvious he's not suitable in the lone striker role and Sam should know that. He's not that great in a strike partnership for goodness sake.

Kalanic looked a bit demoralized when he came on in the last 15 minutes. I don't agree with the fans who say they are disappointed with him. He hasn't had a proper chance yet. I'm just hoping his confidence isn't entirely sapped by the time Sam decides to give him a full game (if that time ever comes), and realizes he needs two up front.

Archived