BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton V Blackburn Preview

Nate

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised Salgado was started at right-back. If anything, I expected Sam would slowly introduce him to midfield to protect him. Sounds like Chimbonda or Emerton would be preferable there at the moment.

Also, Yobo and Distin will eat Roberts all day long.

So one up front again with 3 strikers on the bench :rolleyes:

What's the point in sacrificing a striker for a midfielder if midfield is going to be completely ineffectual anyway. May as well have four ineffectual players than five and stick another man up front.

I think it would have been harsh, but his arm was out.

Need to mix it up second half, get the subs on early so they can make a difference.

Hope the result changes, as things stand now rovers are in the bottom 3. Big Sam will sort it out - Salgado off, probalbe Nelson on, maybe even Bennie.

You could mistake Salgado for Tugay playing right back. I thought he was supposed to be much faster.

Very poor first half by us. Roberts isolated, needs a partner and Dunn doesn't get much space. Get Junior on and try a 4-4-2. We are already outnumbered in midfield so no worries there.

Does Sam not realize that not including Andrews in midfield will not have any bearing on the game at all and he could instead stick Kalanic up front with Roberts?

Unfortunately I think we're more likely to see McCarthy being brought on than Kalanic.

Archived