BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, couldn't tell, thought everyone was singing "we hate Burnley", but I was a bit away from them..

No problem at all! Enjoyed it, will definitely be travelling that way again!

It is a better laugh than the official!

Report them to the Steward/Police, as racial abuse/chanting is illegal. And extremely offensive.

I never thought of doing that, I will do next time - if I have the displeasure of hearing it!

Ah, couldn't tell, thought everyone was singing "we hate Burnley", but I was a bit away from them..

I was in the just in front of the main group and it was all "we hate burnley". Must have just been a couple of people of their own you heard. Great atmosphere.

For the Salgado slaggers - please remember Ooijer's first 2 full games for Rovers...(if your extremely short term memory extends that long)...

Salgado looked a lot worse than Ooijer did on his debut imo. I want Salgado to succeed, but I find it really hard to see how he is going to make it as a full back where he is going to be exposed to the fastest wingers in the world.

Anyhow, he will be dropped now until Jacobsen gets injured/suspended or the Carling Cup. So we may have to wait for a bit to see whether he finds his feet.

Report them to the Steward/Police, as racial abuse/chanting is illegal. And extremely offensive.

Been going on for a while that now

Couple of seasons ago it was being sung en masse in the councourse at liverpool away

Was being sung on the offish coach on the way to west ham aswell that season

I was at Anfield when it happened-I spoke to a copper and told him that they should be arrested. He said that if he could tell what they where singing it may help. I shrugged my shoulders and left him to to it. About 2 minutes later about 4~5 of the racist @#/?s were being marched out by the Police.

I hope you're right LeC. At 21 though, he aint that young. I have made the point about strikers having to be playing regular football by the time they turn 21/22, otherwise they drift away, ala Derbs, Gally etc.

Let's hope he makes it, but the reports from most on here say he's quite a way short at the moment.

Most players brought in from other leagues take time to settle in, especially without a pre-season. Some players take less time, but Kalinic is only 21 and while technically able is inexperienced. He's not as mentally prepared for Premier League games as he should be. I've been watching the Man City games and the game against Arsenal and United were full of mistakes by players because they just lose concentration due to high pressure situations. It's not that easy for a 21 year old from a foreign country to come in and be an instant success. Clearly Sam thinks he has the ability to succeed at this level though, so it's all about getting him the right preparation.

I'm being optimistic though, I saw him once against Sunderland and thought he was awful. In fact, I ranted about how awful he was as well. I just hope he does better as time goes on.

What? You were not impressed when Kenwyne Jones was being linked yet think Campbell "is proven at this level".

:huh:

At the time FLB, I thought we would be in the running for someone better than Jones - having just sold RSC for £18m. Not to be though.

As for Campbell, well maybe "proven" was the wrong word. He can play a bit. He can control a ball, has good movement, passing ability and pace. For £6m that's the least I would expect.

In the last 16 and sorry to say but our ball is certainly one every other team in the draw will be happy to see come out against them. A lot of the top half of the Prem has made it through.

I still don't think that anybody outside the top four will want to get us at Ewood though Philip. As we proved against Citeh, we can give anyone a good game at home.

A home draw against the Rovers on the other hand.

For the Salgado slaggers - please remember Ooijer's first 2 full games for Rovers...(if your extremely short term memory extends that long)...

:D ooijer was and still is a international player 4 years younger than saldaldo,plus he was not on 40k a week ;)

Archived