BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Aston Vanilla

CAPT KAYOS

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, it would seem our defence is better at offence....?!

I was going to point out, that perhaps we should turn the team the other way around. Samba, and Givet both scored. So our defenders are better strikers, than our strikers.

A benefit of getting Andrews out of the way?

I hadn't even considered that..... Good point though.

Question to ALL.....

Have we ever scored from one of Morten's stupid long throw attempts..?

Annoys the hell out of me... Mix it up FFS...

• Backroom

Watched the last 15 mins of the first half...

We actually look okay. A lot of possession, the only threat from Villa coming from individual errors. We have no creativity and no pace, but we're applying pressure and Di Santo is playing the "Kevin Davies" role extremely well. We're knocking Villa about the pitch and making it difficult for them to get the game flowing - I still think it's possible for us to sneak something from this.

Back in this game after a shocking start, defence is still a worry especially Chimbonda on our left flank. Di Santo has been impressive up front and Dunny seems to everywhere. Going to be interesting to see if Villa revert to their usual away formation (4-5-1) thats really dangerous on the counter.

I'll admit i was a bit hysterical when the goal went in, but its was really bad defending and considering our recent form and Villa's prowess away from home i thought it was game over. Fair play though we are back in it going into the second half.

I wouldn't say we lack creativity. Dunn and Diouf are offering a lot in that area. Grella's moving the ball around. It's not too bad.

I think we will see Hoilett on for Pedersen around the hour mark, and maybe Emerton for Grella who is on a yellow.

If Di Santo can be consistent for us that is a massive boost. It will mean that we will be playing Bolton style but we need the points at the moment!

• Backroom

Based on the end of the first half we don't need to make any immediate changes. We were slowly pushing further into their half and they were doing very little. We need to ensure concentration DOES NOT DROP at the beginning of this half. No early leaked goals, please :angry: it just leaves us a mountain to climb that we could do without. If we push them back early on it will set the precedent for the rest of the half, but if they get a foothold in the game within the first five minutes we could be in for a nervy final 45.

Samba was absolutely rollocking Chimbonda as the teams went off for HT.

Rovers are playing some good stuff. Di Santo and Dunn are linking well and Villa are really struggling in the air at the back when Samba and Di Santo combine up front. Shame we don't have a safe central defender to come on and send Samba up front alongside Di Santo.

Watched the Agbonlahor goal and he slices across the ball deliberately sending it along the ground aiming well wide of the goal but with enough spin to bring it back in. Robinson had it 100% covered for a routine stop into the palm of his outstretched glove but the blessed thing hits a divot and bobbled over his hand at absolutely the wrong moment.

Incredibly unfortunate goal to conceed on that evidence.

Di Santo brilliant today.

Dunn has looked good when he gets on the ball.

Nzonzi solid but quiet performance. Diouf moving inwards quite alot, somehow like a third central midfielder.

I dont think Sam will make any changes.

I'd like to see him take Nzonzi off and bring McCarthy on in a 4-4-2, but probably unlikely.

Archived