BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Aston Vanilla

CAPT KAYOS

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win and Burnley absolutely thrashed - significantly better than last weekend!

Didn't see the first half but we were pretty impressive second-half, Dunn immense again.

Button may not be able to drive a car for toffee at the moment, but this has put a smile right back on my face!

Outstanding tactical performance by Sam. Huge amount of credit to him. We completely murdered Villa in the second half.

Dunn, Di Santo, Robinson, Samba, Chimbonda, Jacobsen, NZonzi and Diouf were all outstanding. Dunn in particular was inspirational, what a player he is turning into. If he continues like this he will probably get another England cap at somepoint.

Di Santo did a tremendous job for someone just getting into the team.

Only downside is that Grella, who did okay otherwise, got himself sent off like an absolute pr!ck.

Also I think we now know what our best team is for the first time this season - Robinson, Jacobsen, Chimbonda, Givet, Samba, NZonzi, Emerton, Diouf, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!

Best performance since when? Probably West Ham last season (which we lost!)

I love the perma-smile from a great win like that.

Pity its midnight and I'm solo in the loungeroom...! Might just head out to the keg fridge and poor me another pint o dark mild..

Dunny has to be MoM for me.... The lads a beast like engine in the middle for us.

Brilliant. Thoroughly deserved after that second half performance.

Di Santo showed Roberts how its done on his own up front. Dunn was great again and Nzonzi solid. Lars brilliant.

Robinson with a vital last ditch save too.

Now 7 points from 6 games is more respectable going into the horrid run we have coming up.

• Backroom

What a result... make no mistake, that result is HUGE. To come back from 1-0 behind to beat Villa, playing the last 20 minutes with ten men... hugely proud of the lads today. The team worked their socks off and we totally, totally deserved that. We were the better team for most of the match, even when we were down to ten, and winning despite Grella's unforgivable stupidity is superb.

Dunn is our most important player by a long, long distance. The man is at the heart of everything good that we produce, and his fitness is crucial to our season. He is THE creative link. Jacobsen is also totally solid and should not be dropped for Salgado any time soon. Great to see N'Zonzi adapting so quickly to the premiership, we might have a real gem there, and it's nice to see Emerton back in the mix as well. Still not convinced with him on right wing, but you can't deny his work rate.

Overall, elated - I never thought we'd win this one. Great performance, great heart. What a rollercoaster... the joys of being a Rovers fan.

Archived