BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Aston Vanilla

CAPT KAYOS

How on earth did the MOTD team manage to think dunne's handball wasn't a penalty? They guy's hand was above his head, where it has no right to be. Talk about biased.

I'm surprised they found the time. I thought they were too busy telling us that Fernando Torres is a good player for the 800th time.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clattenberg got so much wrong against the Rovers today that the crowd rightly gave him a proper hard time. It was one of the poorest refereeing displays I've ever seen, and we've had some bad ones.

I actually think the penalty was "one of those" - sometimes given sometimes not, infuriating if it's given against you ... I think on this occasion the ref was so poor, he might actually have been influenced by the crowd.

Being influenced by the crowd, or giving us one decision because he'd failed to give a dozen others in our favour, makes his overall performance worse, but in the end the one decision he did give in our favour has made the crucial difference.

Well even if i take of my blue and white specs its a penalty all day long dunne was jumping in arms aloft and di santos shot was on target, even if the ref didnt have the best view you could see santo's shot was on target and the ball hitting hand was easy to see, if there was an easier penalty decision today i would like to see it.

I agree in that I could not believe it either when Hansen said it was a bad decision to award a penalty. His arm should never be above his head in the box, it is just asking for trouble and it blocked a clear shot on target. My housemates laughed at Hansen's comments and said it was a blatant penalty and they are far from being Rovers fans. It was a definite penalty IMO and it just seems to me that the BBC are never positive about Rovers and always have to make some sort of annoying remark.

Interestin to see what the Villa fans on here think about the penalty?

O'neil thinks it was dubious but for me it was a clear handball. His hands should not have been above his head. Givet last season had a penalty given against him VS Spurs were his arm was next to his body and yet the ref still gave a penalty. Compared to that, this one was blatant!

• Backroom

Quite bizarre from Hansen and co, his hand was up above his head and its blocked the ball how is it anything other than a penalty?

Although I must admit for a second I thought he may have given high foot due to how bad his performance had been.

MOTD couldn't even find it in them to congratulate us for winning with 10 men, unbelievable that they didn't show Brett's shot as well.

Good game - good to get a win in the end.

I thought Di Santo was. Ran all day and constantly caused havoc to the Villa defence. Won numerous free kicks too. I thought we should maybe sub him off near the end for Kalinic or Hoillet because I thought he may be out of legs, but he did really well to put himself in a dangerous position and win the penalty.

Really happy for Dunn to pop the penalty in. He was angry and clearly frustrated all day so it was great to see him have the chance to win the game. Love the guy.

Thought the defense operated well. Not sure what happened in that first goal, but Chimbonda, Nelsen, Samba and Jacobson did their job.

Great to see Emo back out there too. Well done lad.

So now whats your view?

How did today suit you sir?

Tough? Easy mate ha ha!! I know what your saying, but had we not sold players, we would be in MEGA debt!

BIG SAM doubters where are you?!!? Tactically spot on. Quality players today - Jacobsen (sam signing), Di Santo (SS), Diouf (ss), Dunn (would of been ss at bolton), NZonzi (ss) :lol::lol:

Big Sam doubters? I usually refer to em as 'surrender monkeys'

also those jokers on motd decided that Emerton's shot from jacobson's run and pull back wasn't worth seeing again.

they really do hold us in contempt.

Haven't seen motd yet but in fairness there were a lot of goals all around the Prem yesterday.

Some Villa fans views:

During game -

"We are second best here by a distance at the moment. We need to try and get involved."

"we are getting battered by DAVID DUNN! WTF SHORT IT OUT"

"This is still only an even game at best. We may have a numerical advantage, but I wouldn't say we're putting them under any real pressure"

Well, well

Would you care to rethink that now????

David Dunn is our best player BY A MILE. If he stays unbroken all season, he'll win player of teh season by a country mile- and maybe break the hoodoo as I don't see him wanting to be off anywhere.

Sorry Jan - I'm voting for Andrews just to be on the safe side :rolleyes:

We've just beaten our biggest club since...I'm not sure. Can't think of anyone better we beat last season. But we deserved a bit of fortune to finally go our way. Surprised that Di Santo put in such a good game.

This result should serve as some nice firewood for the barren, frigid October ahead.

So now whats your view?

Much the same as before, if we had lost Allardyce would have made a worse start to this season than Ince last. Sadly a fact and which still stands as we had 10 points at this stage last year. If you want to understand my views read my previous posts. In these you will find I put forward arguements as to why we have problems and where the manager has failed to address them. This would be in sharp contrast to yourself as you are clearly incapable of putting more than two sentences together to create an opposing view - this is called a paragraph.

For third time though, just to help you, I think we will finish 15th / 16th after spending a lot of time in the bottom three. I first said this on August 2nd so I'm being consistent, unlike those who see everything through blue tinted spectacles one moment and then describe the players as dogsh!t. Spectacles I might add so heavily tinted they show nothing but a blue haze.

How did today suit you sir?

Very pleased with the result. It was good to see Dunn, Di Santo and Nzonzi in particular have such good games, especially when the team could have folded after such a poor start. I like Chimbonda and Jacobsen more with every game I see. However I'm disappointed to see we played 4-5-1 all game, it's becoming obviouxs we will only play 4-4-2 when we are in trouble, perhaps two down with ten to play. For 4-5-1 to be effective you need midfielders who will support the striker and I don't think ours get forward consistently enough to do this. People are talking about Dunn's very good game and he was good but if we are playing 4-5-1 you'd have to worry about the lack of support for Dunn. There were many occassions when he was isolated, looking around for help that was coming. It will soon become clear stop Dunn and you stop Rovers.

Defensively we were very fragile and there were far too many mistakes here and to some extent in midfield. Attacking down either wing, especially the right Villa created quite a number of chances which could easily have led to goals. A better side might have gone 2-3 up before we equalised. Villa were not as good as I expected, they were much better at Villa Park last season for example. They are in a stronger position than Rovers but nothing to rave about in the way the media do. To suggest they are a top four side is a long way off the mark so to have this game down as one which we have to be realistic about is difficult to understand.

That's my view. What's yours? You haven't expressed one yet other than thinking, objective critical supporters = suicide squad.

I too was suprised by motd not thinking it was a pen. It was even more odd when earlier in the show they had highlighted the hull player who kept his arms down to avoid giving away a spot kick. If yo compare it to givet last season then you have to say it was a blateny pen.

Also disappointed that they didn't show the earlier penalty shout when di santo worked himself into a good position in the box only to be hauled to the ground, thought this was a clear pen although I've not seen replays.

It's the old pals' act again.

Martin O'Neill occasionally sits in for big matches on the Beeb and Hansen was merely backing his mate. Pathetic but there you go. MoD is far too "chummy" for my liking with too much dressing-room type banter and Lineker attempting (and failing) to be funny.

The MoD editing for the Rovers match was poor. No mention of Friedel's return, the ovation he received from BBE, and some of the best moments from the match were cut. But then of course we're only little old Blackburn so it doesn't matter.

Also, anyone notice Lawrenson hardly said a word ?

Bloody hell, finally got round to watching match of the day. How can they SERIOUSLY say it was a harsh penalty?! Dangerous play by Di Santo? ###### off, Hansen, you offer nothing to the show - Vidic is a good defender is he? Torres is a fantastic striker? Wow, cutting analysis. Tossers the lot of them.

There were many occassions when he was isolated, looking around for help that was coming. It will soon become clear stop Dunn and you stop Rovers.

Sorry I don't buy that. The amount of analysis that goes into games these days is absurd - Villa would have known to stop Dunn if they wanted to stifle Rovers' attack. They couldn't. Better teams almost certainly will, but that's to be expected as they tend to put out 11 better players than we can.

Sigh! Seems you can't even think that we played well on these boards any more without being told to take the blue n' white tinted specs off. Also seems that if we do beat anyone then frankly we should have regardless of where they finished, how much they have spent or how many men we ended the game with. Depressing.

Bloody hell, finally got round to watching match of the day. How can they SERIOUSLY say it was a harsh penalty?! Dangerous play by Di Santo? ###### off, Hansen, you offer nothing to the show - Vidic is a good defender is he? Torres is a fantastic striker? Wow, cutting analysis. Tossers the lot of them.

Why has no-one mentioned the penalty that Dunn should have had? when was it Milner dived on him anmd dragged him down, just before the Incident. BBC missed that out and we should have gotten one of them, which we did in the end.

Refree's need help.

Also, anyone notice Lawrenson hardly said a word ?

Well, he had predicted we'd lose so it must have been quite galling for him to see a team he doesn't like win with ten men against Villa, who everyone seems to think are great. MOTD is going downhill rapidly and will not change while the personnel remain the same. Even MOTD2 which started out a bit more quirky has now become a home for untalented ex-Arsenal players to whine their way through. BBC need to shake up their football coverage and fast if they are not to lose all credibility.

BBC need to shake up their football coverage and fast if they are not to lose all credibility.

I like Hansen, he was always spoken about as a real thinker in the game and Liverpool desperatly wanted him as manager on a couple of occasions. But they could do with a shake-up. They are biased and only concerned with stupid digs at Rio's comments. As oppossed to digs lads how about you acctually discuss the game and without bias.

I must admit I'm shocked at how shearer speaks about us, what would he have in his trophy cabinet without us????? Do you get a medal for relegation, alan?

Archived