BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Aston Vanilla

CAPT KAYOS

Rovers to lose 0-2 Im afraid...I was at this fixture last season and cant see anything other than 3 points for Villa this time around as well.

They are quick and have goals from all over the park and are solid at the back, we dont seem to posess much of an attacking threat or any creativity and invite pressure onto ourselves by not keeping the ball. They also are a real threat on set pieces and as we all know we just cannot defend them and havent been able to for years!

Im hoping Im wrong and 3 points head Rovers way but I just cant see it!

God I love being wrong - well done Rovers, perhaps optimism will be the name of the game in future :wacko:

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a great game. I've been away since Saturday after the game so haven't had t'interweb. Fantastic effort by the team to win. They never gave up and pressed forwards even when they were down to ten men. I heard Stuart Hall on Five afterwards and his description of the game was actually really good and very complimentary. It was also, for once, very enjoyable to listen to.

David Dunn was superb, Franco Di Santo was hugely impressive and deserved a goal. Dunn taking the pen against Friedel was wierdly poetic. Both having come up with Rovers, both having left but one going to Birmingham City and the other to their rivals Villa, both still being crowd favourites and both still very influential for their teams. I did wonder if Friedel expected Dunn to place his shot in the bottom left corner as I'm sure they would have practiced against each other. As for the pen itself, nailed on for me and if Nelsen had done the same thing I would still have said, yep that's a pen. You can't put your hands up over your head like Dunne did and expect to get away with it. He didn't try to block the ball from hitting his face, he blocked the ball from going in.

My mate was at the game covering it for the Sunday Mirror and his comments about Allardyce getting his tactics spot on to 'counter a vibrant Villa' was on the money for me. Headlines for the article in the paper? 'Job Dunn'. Nice one Al. :)

Todays Guardian match report is rather complimentary of us.

and seeing the handball again, we'd be moaning if it was the other way round.

Add in the rugby tackle and all the missed pushes and tugs from Villa and I reckon it equeals one penalty for Rovers. I can only assume that Clattenberg had had enough of being called useless for practically the whole second half.

I can only assume that Clattenberg had had enough of being called useless for practically the whole second half.

Agree, the ever increasing pressure from the crowd eventually told. We should be on the refs back like that every game, fans from other clubs do.

Agree, the ever increasing pressure from the crowd eventually told. We should be on the refs back like that every game, fans from other clubs do.

I agree - watch the highlights and listen to the handball cry from the blackburn end - had a massive impact im sure.

He deserved what we gave him to be fair.

What did people think of the atmosphere on saturday? Hard to tell when your in the blackburn end - was it loud?

I couldn't really hear anything from the Darwen End (my little brother won free tickets so I sat in the Darwen End with my cousin - which I won't be doing again) apart from just after we scored. The Villa fans were good and loud at times, but some of them are vile creatures; throwing coins and spitting at the home fans below them - disgusting.

and seeing the handball again, we'd be moaning if it was the other way round.

There is no way that any player can have a single complaint if they are standing with their arm above their head, as an extension of their body area. If he was protecting his face then fair enough, but remember we have seen a Penalty against Rovers when Lucash Neill protected his face with his hands.

A Penalty every day of the week for me Flops and the only 1 out of about 5 or 6 big decisions that Clattenburg managed to get right.

What did people think of the atmosphere on saturday? Hard to tell when your in the blackburn end - was it loud?

I thought it was a good atmosphere. I was chatting to a Villa fan about the game at the train station and his comment on the crowd was "are you normally that quiet before you score?", read into that what you will.

There is no way that any player can have a single complaint if they are standing with their arm above their head, as an extension of their body area. If he was protecting his face then fair enough,

Of course it was a penalty. If stopping the ball from going into the goal with your hand isn't a penalty, then what is?

There is no way that any player can have a single complaint if they are standing with their arm above their head, as an extension of their body area. If he was protecting his face then fair enough, but remember we have seen a Penalty against Rovers when Lucash Neill protected his face with his hands.

A Penalty every day of the week for me Flops and the only 1 out of about 5 or 6 big decisions that Clattenburg managed to get right.

Me too. They saying 'chuck enough mud and some will stick' springs to mind. I'm amazed at how much influence the Hanson and Lawrenson are able to exert on some people. What is wrong with believing the evidence of ones own eyes? Dunns arms were miles away from his body area and thats that.

btw I know he moved his hand to the ball but Brad did one similar from Dunny's ohead attempt earlier and everybody said what a great save it was.

I couldn't really hear anything from the Darwen End (my little brother won free tickets so I sat in the Darwen End with my cousin - which I won't be doing again) apart from just after we scored. The Villa fans were good and loud at times, but some of them are vile creatures; throwing coins and spitting at the home fans below them - disgusting.

not the first to say that Mr Coyle

Diouf 4 - worked hArd but ususal, no skill can't pass, can't beat a man doesn't score. Pointless player.

What!? Diouf was great yesterday? I don't like him much either but he played excellently. What game were you watching? What did he do wrong?

At one point he drew out three Villa players, retained the ball and layed off for Dunn. It was excellent skill.

Automatic starter in my book. Emerton has got some way to go to displace him.

What!? Diouf was great yesterday? I don't like him much either but he played excellently. What game were you watching? What did he do wrong?

At one point he drew out three Villa players, retained the ball and layed off for Dunn. It was excellent skill.

Automatic starter in my book. Emerton has got some way to go to displace him.

I thought we had more drive when Emerton came on. Gave us a different option and we've really missed his direct running. Diouf looked ok in Pedersen's place but to be honest, I'd have lookd good in Pedersen's place. He was woeful even by his own poor standards! Dunn was a class act, full backs were good and N'Zonzi had his best game in a Rovers shirt. Nelsen poor, Samba ok, Di Santo - very good, full of running but doesnt strke me as someone who will score goals!

I agree - watch the highlights and listen to the handball cry from the blackburn end - had a massive impact im sure.

He deserved what we gave him to be fair.

The atmosphere from the BBE as heard from the JW Upper was fantastic Hughesy. But I wish I could say the same for all the dead bodies that inhabit the area I am in at the BBE of the JW Upper. I did my best (as always) and landed home again at midnight with no voice other than a croak. But I am afraid it is a lost cause. The view is marvellous though! :rolleyes:

Robinson 7 - outstanding save and even caught a cross! Had little to do.

jacobson 7 - solid, even skinned warnock. Thank god Selbado was dropped. J keeps improving and posibley is the best we have had their for a long while.

Chimbonda 7 - better than warnock who had a poor game I thought. He sticks to his man tight and has a bucketload of good attributes.

Nelson 6 - coming back from injury

Samba 7 - usual all action Samba. At fault for the goal but played well otherwise.

MGP 4 - worked hard but passing and set pieces dreadful.

Diouf 4 - worked hArd but ususal, no skill can't pass, can't beat a man doesn't score. Pointless player.

NZonzi 7 - excellent. New David batty/ Patrick viera. Does everything right and unlike Grella, doesn't hide away.

Grella 6 - one of his better games if not best game until the red mist. Was told clearly to push up and be mode positive passing and he tried. Needs a lot of coaching to bring his game up to EPL standards.

Dunn 9 - Head and shoulders above every other player. Control skill vision and leadership. Villa had nothing to stop him but fouling.

Di Danto 8 - led the line like you should. Skill Strength effort positioning team player all up front on his own. Needs a partner.

Subs

Emerton 6 - automatic starter . No brainer, get rid of the useless Spit.

It is clear that our first 12 or 13 are a sttrong team. Are you listening Sam?

No Andrews Roberts Duouf Grella Selbado

Always pick DiSanto Emerton possibly hoillet for pace and Nzonzi plus possibly Kalinic and Reid.

FFS sort out the set pieces. MGP is pants.

What planet are you on? Diouf had another good game for us on Saturday, leave him out and you'll be one of the first to moan about no creativity and nobody having a go. As for him not scoring, did you not see the Wolves game?

There's a couple who sit in front of me, who get up and leave around 4:45 every home game. It doesn't matter whether the ball is in play, or whether they block your view. Against Villa, when the penalty had been given and before it had been taken, guess what? - they got up and left. The ball was on the spot, but they went before it had been taken. Unbelievable.

There's a couple who sit in front of me, who get up and leave around 4:45 every home game. It doesn't matter whether the ball is in play, or whether they block your view. Against Villa, when the penalty had been given and before it had been taken, guess what? - they got up and left. The ball was on the spot, but they went before it had been taken. Unbelievable.

Serious? That is absolutely incredible! So to miss a goal and probably the best moment of the season so far, they got home 10mins earlier than normal?

Idiots!

Serious? That is absolutely incredible! So to miss a goal and probably the best moment of the season so far, they got home 10mins earlier than normal?

Idiots!

Not an isolated occurance I might add, the people that sit next to me do the same.

They did wait for Dunny to score however.

Of course it was a penalty. If stopping the ball from going into the goal with your hand isn't a penalty, then what is?

Exactly. Although my Villa friend who is also a referee says it wasn't and his reasoning behind the fact that it wasn't "If you look at the handballs that aren't given then I don't know how you can give it". A strong arguement I don't think. From my other Villa mate I simply got a one liner "it wasn't a penalty" with no explanation.

:lol: 2-1, 3 points! Anyone who can access facebook, my video of the penalty is up there and you can see what it means!

Exactly. Although my Villa friend who is also a referee says it wasn't and his reasoning behind the fact that it wasn't "If you look at the handballs that aren't given then I don't know how you can give it". A strong arguement I don't think. From my other Villa mate I simply got a one liner "it wasn't a penalty" with no explanation.

:lol: 2-1, 3 points! Anyone who can access facebook, my video of the penalty is up there and you can see what it means!

What's your name? I want to see it!

One of the reasons he gave it could have been when the previous foul on Dunn was not given, when the defender held Dunn's arm back when he was running across goal, and maybe when Nelson was taken out, or several other @#/? decisions?

A great performance and a great result.

I enjoyed myself on Saturday, and that's all that matters. Even got a pint at half time this week, the barrier was down int he Darwen End making the them open both beer kiosks.

But the biggest question to arise out of Saturdays match was this-Why the hell was Chimbonda wearing gloves???

Archived