BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Aston Vanilla

CAPT KAYOS

What annoys me is that MOTD has taken some of the shine off the victory now for me - a bitter taste.

I have always been unsure if the bias is in my head but Hansen's odd comments and the general lack of any constructive analysis (again) is only serving to suggest it's real...

Any recommendations on which newspaper to get (except NOTW - I will not lower myself, and I know Nicko will suggest the Mirror!)

PS - won't be Guardian, just read thiers online and they don't think it was a penalty either...

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why has no-one mentioned the penalty that Dunn should have had? when was it Milner dived on him anmd dragged him down, just before the Incident. BBC missed that out and we should have gotten one of them, which we did in the end.

Refree's need help.

Take it you mean Di Santo who was tugged down by Milner? BBC always give nothing to us and I have come to accept it now as I know it's not just us. West Brom also had this problem last year. I just stick to watching football 1st now with their 50mins highlights as it shows the game in a much better light. Obviously I know that not everyone can see it and they give little coverage to us at the end of game also but at least they don't go out of their way not to mention us or worse just call us.

Lawrenson has never liked us due to Preston connections, Hansen can be alright about us if it's someone worse than us and Shearer never comments on us either, as someone else has said it's turning very friends united on MOTD.

EDIT: Must say News of the World gives us a good write up whilst slagging Villa off for thinking they're a class above

unlike those who see everything through blue tinted spectacles one moment and then describe the players as dogsh!t. Spectacles I might add so heavily tinted they show nothing but a blue haze.

Very pleased with the result. It was good to see Dunn, Di Santo and Nzonzi in particular have such good games, especially when the team could have folded after such a poor start. I like Chimbonda and Jacobsen more with every game I see. It will soon become clear stop Dunn and you stop Rovers.

They are in a stronger position than Rovers but nothing to rave about in the way the media do.

That's my view. What's yours?

Who are those with blue tinted specs? :D Maybe some of us dont have dark, gloomy tinted specs that only spell sadness.

My view - I expected more from Villa and we played much better than I expected and we handled Villa far more effectively that I expected too. I thought that their pace would murder us, but it never really happened and I think our fullbacks coped very well with it. I felt we controlled the middle of the pitch quite well and the players mentioned above did very well. Di Santo showed Roberts just how to play the solo striker and how you can still chase everything and still create your own chances.

I also felt the referee was poor and missed several things and also was very biased towards Villa. For instance Ashley Young took Dunn clean out yet didnt recieve a yellow. Our formation worked well and Dunn, Di Santo and Diouf caused their backline plenty of problems.

I disagree with the stop Dunn idea too - Villa tried and players just kep fouling him, because they simply couldnt stop him.

We could have had a penalty earlier for handball by dunn, 1 for Di Santo being wrestled to the ground, and a free kick on the edge when Dunn was taken down by Collins. We hardly got the rub of the green overall. Add to that Young never got a yellow for a cynical foul and Dunn didnt get a yellow for a blatant hand ball penalty.

Well, he had predicted we'd lose so it must have been quite galling for him to see a team he doesn't like win with ten men against Villa, who everyone seems to think are great. MOTD is going downhill rapidly and will not change while the personnel remain the same. Even MOTD2 which started out a bit more quirky has now become a home for untalented ex-Arsenal players to whine their way through. BBC need to shake up their football coverage and fast if they are not to lose all credibility.

You're right about MOTD it's too pally. A major shake up is required. It's a bit desperate when they were for penalising Di Santo for dangerous play on the overhead shot at goal. I've been watching since 1960 and I can't EVER remember a forward being penalised for a overhead kick. When you've got your arm up like a periscope on a submarine you're asking for trouble, of course it was a penalty.

I was my usual pessimistic self before the game but given the circumstances that was great win. Still a bit concerned that our goals came from a centre half and a penalty. One of our two centre midfielders needs to support Dunn more, I'd like to see Nzonzi with either Emerton or Reid ( if fit ) there. Grella's too static for me.

it probably shouldnt have been a pen in all honesty, but ive seen enough given against Rovers not to care.

Rubbish. On MoTD they held some player up as a fine example of how to avoid giving penalties away when he pinned his arms behind his back when facing a shot. Compare that to Dunne who had his arms aloft like some ballet dance performing a pirouette when the ball struck em fair and square. Hansen's answer was unbelievably at odds with his normal stance and especially when such incidents occur when he is providing his brown nose analysis of the darling big 4.

You're right about MOTD it's too pally. A major shake up is required. It's a bit desperate when they were for penalising Di Santo for dangerous play on the overhead shot at goal. I've been watching since 1960 and I can't EVER remember a forward being penalised for a overhead kick. When you've got your arm up like a periscope on a submarine you're asking for trouble, of course it was a penalty.

I was my usual pessimistic self before the game but given the circumstances that was great win. Still a bit concerned that our goals came from a centre half and a penalty. One of our two centre midfielders needs to support Dunn more, I'd like to see Nzonzi with either Emerton or Reid ( if fit ) there. Grella's too static for me.

Grella is a deep lying, defensive midfielder. I do not really want to see him getting wrong side of the ball. Whoever occupies the other central position and the wingers should be instructed to support Dunny.

Much the same as before, if we had lost Allardyce would have made a worse start to this season than Ince last. Sadly a fact and which still stands as we had 10 points at this stage last year. If you want to understand my views read my previous posts. In these you will find I put forward arguements as to why we have problems and where the manager has failed to address them. This would be in sharp contrast to yourself as you are clearly incapable of putting more than two sentences together to create an opposing view - this is called a paragraph.

For third time though, just to help you, I think we will finish 15th / 16th after spending a lot of time in the bottom three. I first said this on August 2nd so I'm being consistent, unlike those who see everything through blue tinted spectacles one moment and then describe the players as dogsh!t. Spectacles I might add so heavily tinted they show nothing but a blue haze.

Very pleased with the result. It was good to see Dunn, Di Santo and Nzonzi in particular have such good games, especially when the team could have folded after such a poor start. I like Chimbonda and Jacobsen more with every game I see. However I'm disappointed to see we played 4-5-1 all game, it's becoming obviouxs we will only play 4-4-2 when we are in trouble, perhaps two down with ten to play. For 4-5-1 to be effective you need midfielders who will support the striker and I don't think ours get forward consistently enough to do this. People are talking about Dunn's very good game and he was good but if we are playing 4-5-1 you'd have to worry about the lack of support for Dunn. There were many occassions when he was isolated, looking around for help that was coming. It will soon become clear stop Dunn and you stop Rovers.

Defensively we were very fragile and there were far too many mistakes here and to some extent in midfield. Attacking down either wing, especially the right Villa created quite a number of chances which could easily have led to goals. A better side might have gone 2-3 up before we equalised. Villa were not as good as I expected, they were much better at Villa Park last season for example. They are in a stronger position than Rovers but nothing to rave about in the way the media do. To suggest they are a top four side is a long way off the mark so to have this game down as one which we have to be realistic about is difficult to understand.

That's my view. What's yours? You haven't expressed one yet other than thinking, objective critical supporters = suicide squad.

Come on! The performance at Everton was dire (mostly due to Salgado) but credit where it is due. Yesterdays second half was the best performance in months (years?), and is right up there with the top performances under Hughes.

That isn't "blue and white specs" but what genuinely happened. Definately reasons to be cheerful.

Just rolled out of bed - Rovers won with ten men and Burnley lost 5 - 0. Is this a good Sunday morning or what? B)B)B)

Well said sir!!!

I cannot believe anybody could give Ince so much as an ounce of credence.

Very few things are unambiguously bad in life but Ince's tenure at Ewood was undoubtedly one of them.

For me our middle three if all are fit and firing would be:

N'zonzi----Reid

-------Dunn----

Grella's alright, and does his job alright but I'd like to see him strike his long balls and not chip them, the full back always collects them. I would also be keen to see his discilpinary record comapred to games played or minutes on the pitch. Reid for me if he comes back to his best has the best alround game for the box to box role. N'zonzi covers loads of ground and for me his energy brings far more than Grella. I'm keen to see a bit more of Emerton on the right as he popped up all over the place once on and showed some good touches, perhaps having an extra man in the middle will help him in that role.

Massive 3 pts. In fact I would go as far to say a season defining 3 points given our fixture run. Great result very unexpected.

Same formation and roughly personnel vs. west ham so what was the difference?

1. Di Santo

2. Closing down

3. Energy, commitment, desire.

4. Organisation - team is gelling

5. More support for the front guys

6. No Keith Andrews

7. N'zonzi getting up the pitch

8. Villa not able to cope with the head tennis

David Dunn played very well but he did against west ham, for me he had better support.

This was hoofball, percentage football and about winning the second ball but it was hoofball at its best, we created chances and ultimatley we won.

I didn't think winning would be more important than playing good football on the floor, I was wrong. I can live with yesterdays football because we won.

The manager has taken some stick, I have been giving it (on the board), but credit where credit is due that team was disciplined, organised and committed. Only the manager can achieve that.

I asked Sam to sort it out. He did yesterday. Thanks.

How on earth did the MOTD team manage to think dunne's handball wasn't a penalty? They guy's hand was above his head, where it has no right to be. Talk about biased.

What annoyed me too was that Hansen thought it was an infringement by Di Santo for high foot. I guess that's what happens when you have pundits on there who are mates with Martin O'Neill.

Always has been and yet so many people always pay up. It's all about supply and demand Jisty.

I fully understand that but prices are still extortionate for walk ons (at just about every Premier League ground).

Massive 3 pts. In fact I would go as far to say a season defining 3 points given our fixture run. Great result very unexpected.

Same formation and roughly personnel vs. west ham so what was the difference?

1. Di Santo

2. Closing down

3. Energy, commitment, desire.

4. Organisation - team is gelling

5. More support for the front guys

6. No Keith Andrews

7. N'zonzi getting up the pitch

8. Villa not able to cope with the head tennis

David Dunn played very well but he did against west ham, for me he had better support.

This was hoofball, percentage football and about winning the second ball but it was hoofball at its best, we created chances and ultimatley we won.

I didn't think winning would be more important than playing good football on the floor, I was wrong. I can live with yesterdays football because we won.

The manager has taken some stick, I have been giving it (on the board), but credit where credit is due that team was disciplined, organised and committed. Only the manager can achieve that.

I asked Sam to sort it out. He did yesterday. Thanks.

Number 1 (adding that he replaced Roberts), number 3 (particularly Dunn) and number 6.

Hope your are right with 5.

First poster on this new board? Completely changed for me after the down time...

But what a win, and how mental did Ewood go after Dunn drilled the penalty home. Absolutely brilliant, a much needed three points.

Dunn and Di Santo - both top draw. Bring on the B@5tards!

My thoughts too - Emerton, N'Zonzi, Dunn as the three cms if we are playing this formation. And you have Reid and Grella as cover for two of them. Just need a creative mid in case Dunny gets crocked again.

so the Villa fan was complaining at having to pay £35 for a match ticket ... yet the price for away there ranges between £34 - £43 AND where they used to sit is just between £17 - £20.

A case of pot and kettle me thinks.

Interestingly he complains about our prices but the others he quotes are more expensive which shows that even when we charge our top prices we don't go overboard. Problem with this new look message board - it's hard to tell where a quote ends and a new message starts. Can we have the boxes back?

How's that for instant answer - it happened while i was posting. I'm getting good at this. On Tues I was waiting to go out and whilst getting ready said to my son "It would be good if we scored before i go." His reply was an instant "We just have!"

so the Villa fan was complaining at having to pay £35 for a match ticket ... yet the price for away there ranges between £34 - £43 AND where they used to sit is just between £17 - £20.

A case of pot and kettle me thinks.

Funny, I got the bus down from the railway station and helped a Villa fan with some info and all she did was moan about the ticket prices too..I did suggest than instead of moaning to a fan try writing to John Williams.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived