BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Peterbrough Preview

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now come on Nikola, 10 men and a reserve goalkeeper, you'll never have a better chance!

Not his fault if they won't give it to him. McCarthy or Emerton should have told him to take it. Still there is another 45mins to try and get one.

Sounds like it was lucky to go in:

Blackburn goal: Republic of Ireland defender Steven Reid, back in the Blackburn line-up after his knee injury, loses his footing as he takes the penalty but still sticks it away to put Blackburn in control....

....doing his knee/back/hammy/groin* in the process

(*delete as appropriate)

Not his fault if they won't give it to him. McCarthy or Emerton should have told him to take it. Still there is another 45mins to try and get one.

You can't tell him to take it, that's not really fair.

Let's not forget that's Reid's first goal in over three years in a week where his international manager had all but said his career was over. I totally understand why Reid put himself to the front of the queue.

Let's not forget that's Reid's first goal in over three years in a week where his international manager had all but said his career was over. I totally understand why Reid put himself to the front of the queue.

When you put it like that I can understand why. Apparently he ran over to the medical staff to celebrate after the goal.

I guess I'm just desperate to see Kalinic get his first goal and hopefully give him a boost that will put him on a goalscoring run.

Sorry maybe tell is the wrong word, Just give him the ball and walk away.

Getting his confidence up and goal scoring account open is far more important than a sentimental goal for a player who unfortunately has got his best years behind him. Still at least Reidy scored and hopefully a few more in the second half.

2-0 man u, Owen and down to 10 men. Neville sent off.

When you put it like that I can understand why. Apparently he ran over to the medical staff to celebrate after the goal.

I guess I'm just desperate to see Kalinic get his first goal and hopefully give him a boost that will put him on a goalscoring run.

Glad that Reid scored. I think once Kalinic does score he will start to score more, he certainly gets in decent positions and we know he has a good touch and link up play. Let's keep encouraging him and hope he breaks his duck tonight...

I've never wanted a player to score more than Kalanic tonight, He has too.

Argh...now see...this is why English is important on the messageboard! I thought this meant he'd scored. :(

to*

Edit: Never mind, Salgado has scored. Say what you want about us, but one thing you can't accuse us of is being boring! I'd love to know how many goals-a-game our matches are averaging this season.

Archived