BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Peterbrough Preview

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times! It's 'have' not 'of'. I hate that lazy text speak.

i hate, it when people like you, who just want to pick up on spelling or grammor mistakes. (GET A LIFE)!! This is a football messageboard by the way, not a bloody school teaching messageboard!

How come Van Heerden is in a lot of people's teams? He's been nowhere near the bench since he signed and been left out of the previous cup squads completely too. I wont be surprised to see him leave come January...

For me I'd like to see :

Brown

Salgado Jones Nelsen Olsson

Emerton Reid Nzonzi Hoillet

Benni Kalinic

Bench : Sub keeper, Jacobson, Givet, Dunn, Andrews, Pedersen, Roberts

Need to have the right balance of experience with some squad players. Despite my 'wish team' I think we'll see Andrews & Roberts starting :( Maybe with the noises of Dunny being involved I think we may even see 4-4-1-1 with him and Roberts = double :( We need to make the most of the opportunity to bring in Kalinic and put him with someone so he's not left up front on his own...

I'm looking forward to this game and seeing how some of the other players do. It will be chance for players to get some game time, build up their fitness and challenge other players in the 1st team.

I hope we line up as follows:

Brown

Salgado Jones Nelsen Olsson

Hoilett Reid Emerton Van Heerden

Kalinic McCarthy

Emerton and Reid need the game time to build up their fitness and really get over their injuries. The more games Kalinic and McCarthy get the better, because with Di Santo looking like he will leave in January, we will need these two. Hoilett has shown promise and hopefully he will be able to continue his development and build up his confidence in a game like this. Salgado will also find the match most useful. I think that he will be an important player for us, he just needs to get used to the rough and tumble of English football.

• Backroom

How come Van Heerden is in a lot of people's teams? He's been nowhere near the bench since he signed and been left out of the previous cup squads completely too. I wont be surprised to see him leave come January...

Nope

He played most the second half vs Gillingham and was an unused sub v Forest.

Nope

He played most the second half vs Gillingham and was an unused sub v Forest.

ah my mistake. Still disappointing that he has been used so little especially after seeing him in a confederations cup game in the summer where he looked lively and one of South Africa's better players. Hope to see him tonight then... :)

• Backroom

Sam did say the day we signed him it would take 4-5 months till he would be used really, personally I don't think he'll make it here but I do think he has something to offer.

I've just been down to Ewood to get my ticket for tonight. BBE Lower tier by the way.

Anyway team bus was there when I got there so I just presumed they were down there early for some reason, however when returning from the ticket office the Rovers players are arriving and getting on the coach. Don't know where to.

However I got a few autographs and saw a few players down there. There was Robinson, Givet, Jones, Dunn and Gamst who I got autographs from. I asked Gamst and he said he was playing tonight. I asked Jones and he said he hoped so. There was also Nelsen, Reid, Brown, Emerton, Jacobsen, Andrews and thats all I saw I think.

"Anyway team bus was there when I got there so I just presumed they were down there early for some reason, however when returning from the ticket office the Rovers players are arriving and getting on the coach. Don't know where to."

They were going to the flu clinic for a jab.....after Saturday they need a jab up the ar$se.

ah my mistake. Still disappointing that he has been used so little especially after seeing him in a confederations cup game in the summer where he looked lively and one of South Africa's better players. Hope to see him tonight then... :)

Was he not only used as late second half substitutes? But yes from what he did play he looked a live wire and set up a great goal in one of the games. He looks too lightweight for the Premiership at the moment so hopefully one he's one that's been picked for the future. The cup games that I've seen he has looked very exciting, but these performances have been against weaker opposition. I can't see any reason why he'd be left out the squad tonight? He's done hardly anything wrong when he has been given the chance and if he isn't making an impact then sub him off and get the quality we'll no doubt have on the bench on.

Can't wait for the team sheet!

i hate, it when people like you, who just want to pick up on spelling or grammor mistakes. (GET A LIFE)!! This is a football messageboard by the way, not a bloody school teaching messageboard!

That post contains syntax errors that have nothing to do with spelling or grammar mistakes.

Must resist the temptation to point out the obvious!

Anyway team bus was there when I got there so I just presumed they were down there early for some reason, however when returning from the ticket office the Rovers players are arriving and getting on the coach. Don't know where to.

The go for a team meal, was Stanley House a fair bit last term, no idea if it is still used.

I do try to resist but sometimes when you see the same thing repeated time and again it's impossible and that one has just become unbearable. You might try looking 'grammar' up in the dictionary too.

I see our infallible expert is in the Telegraph banging on about his losing in the final with Notlob and getting to an FA cup semi, and how he uses these to motivate the players. All about him again. What about THE CLUB winning it????? What about THE CLUB's numerous semis????

Hopefully we will win and play well, or perhaps we'll be shutting up shop after 10 mins to hang onto a lead.

I see our infallible expert is in the Telegraph banging on about his losing in the final with Notlob and getting to an FA cup semi, and how he uses these to motivate the players. All about him again. What about THE CLUB winning it????? What about THE CLUB's numerous semis????

Hopefully we will win and play well, or perhaps we'll be shutting up shop after 10 mins to hang onto a lead.

FFS He's talking about a past experience

He mentions 'WE' several times .........

He said: “It is important. We are forced into the changes this time rather than making the changes like we did last time.

We have worked so hard at Gillingham and blooded some of the new players – like Steven Nzonzi coming out of that one and Dunny’s re-emergence.

We got a lot of good results and positive responses from the players. We are in a position where we have 11 players selected that are very good in terms of their quality and experience.

We have a couple at the younger end but that will be a good experience for them.

“And it is a very strong side to play at Ewood Park to make sure we don’t waste our efforts.

How is him using his own experiences to motivate the team a bad thing? He may have mentioned the club's recent history in cup competitions but as he wasnt a part of it then how can he go into the depth that he will be able to with his personal knowledge?

FFS He's talking about a past experience

He mentions 'WE' several times .........

He said: “It is important. We are forced into the changes this time rather than making the changes like we did last time.

We have worked so hard at Gillingham and blooded some of the new players – like Steven Nzonzi coming out of that one and Dunny’s re-emergence.

We got a lot of good results and positive responses from the players. We are in a position where we have 11 players selected that are very good in terms of their quality and experience.

We have a couple at the younger end but that will be a good experience for them.

“And it is a very strong side to play at Ewood Park to make sure we don’t waste our efforts.

A word conspicuous by its absence on Saturday evening.

I bet the players have long since stopped listening to anything beginning with, 'When I were at Bowton....' Everyone else has.

Brown

Salgado, Jones, Givet, Olsson

Hoilett, Emerton ©, Reid, Pedersen

Kalinic, McCarthy

I like the look of this, although our central midfield looks a bit short of creativity. (what else is new..)

Subs: Robinson (GK), Andrews, Dunn, van Heerden, Jacobsen, Nelsen, Roberts.

Roberts, Dunn and Super Keef on the bench should suffice impact-wise.

Archived