BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea V Rovers Preview

colin

Realistic to concede 11 in the last 2 away games and our keeper be man of the match both times? Do you realyy think any other team will do that badly? Would Rochdale do that badly?

against arsenal who for me are the best footballing side in the division and against chelsea who just got beat off - do you really think chelsea who going for the league would lose two on the bounce ? especially one being at home ??

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Course it's his bloody fault. It's his job to motivate the players/choose the tactics and at least get the team playing half decent.

Ps. I don't see how we could be worse if ince was here this is as bad as I've ever seen us play!!

We'd be lower in the league and be much more likely to be relegated. A league season is over 38 games. There's a lot of people on this board that need to get some perspective.

This has been a shocking performance and Sam needs to shoulder a lot of the blame. But I'd rather we lose 5-0 to Chelsea and win games like Burnley and Villa, than lose 2-1 to Chelsea and go on a 8 game losing run or turn in performances like the Wigan game under Ince. We've been shorn of probably our best players in attack, midfield and defence for this match and while we still shouldve performed much better than this, it has undoubtedly played a major role in this performance.

After Man U we have a fair few matches we ought to be getting points from and its after those that we should be making proper judgements on how Sam is doing.

With this performences do you realy wanna go to Ewood ? Im sick and tired of this 4-4-1-1 formation. Nelsen must be on the bench next week, then Houilett must be given the change istead og MGP.

Our Away goal score this season is 3-16 in 4 matches away from ewood. Bah bah bah !

Thank god Chelsea eased off in the last 20 mins. They could have put 8 goals past us at least today. The tactics were awful, the players didn't show any desire. I really feel sorry for the fans who paid silly amounts of money to watch such a disgusting performance.

When playing the likes of the top 4, we all know that it's unlikely we'd walk away with a win but when a team sits back and waits to be defeated, then you've got to question the attitude of the club. A total disgrace.

Check my prediction..i said 6.

i expect us to at least show passion,guts and a want to win .

id never play one up front no matter who we are palying.

best man for job?

i would love to see the worst then.

we had the worse in paul ince ..going to teams like wigan and getting beat 3-0

under sam allardyce we went to arsenal and got beat 6-2 - just like mark hughes did

even when mark hughes was manager we got beat off the top teams and got beat comfortably

getting beat off arsenal, man utd liverpool and chelsea wont define our season ..

against arsenal who for me are the best footballing side in the division and against chelsea who just got beat off - do you really think chelsea who going for the league would lose two on the bounce ? especially one being at home ??

So you're happy with 11, should/could have been 16 then? Good for you. Let's see how Wigan do in these 2 games, or even Burnley

Get Gordon Strachan in ASAP - he cannot be any worse than this clown.

really.

so we lose to arsenal, chelsea, sunderland and everton away

and man city at home.

manner of the defeats ain'nt great but they are some ridiculously hard fixtures, and no way in hell the manager should go

We'd be lower in the league and be much more likely to be relegated. A league season is over 38 games. There's a lot of people on this board that need to get some perspective.

This has been a shocking performance and Sam needs to shoulder a lot of the blame. But I'd rather we lose 5-0 to Chelsea and win games like Burnley and Villa, than lose 2-1 to Chelsea and go on a 8 game losing run or turn in performances like the Wigan game under Ince. We've been shorn of probably our best players in attack, midfield and defence for this match and while we still shouldve performed much better than this, it has undoubtedly played a major role in this performance.

After Man U we have a fair few matches we ought to be getting points from and its after those that we should be making proper judgements on how Sam is doing.

I agree with all that.

However, you have got to expect more than this from professional footballers.

I remember saying this last season, the wider squad are not capaple at this llevel

I would rather lose 5-0 and beat Burnley and villa too, but these kickings are getting more and more frequent! We are totally unpredictable (apart from when we playbthe big 4) and nothing guarantees we will win any of our winnable matches, especially if we play like that.

really.

and man city at home.

manner of the defeats ain'nt great but they are some ridiculously hard fixtures, and no way in hell the manager should go

finally..some one sensible !!

Yes, I expected to lose, but I wanted Rovers to make sure Chelsea knew they were in a game. Instead they will probably not have an easier game all season.

We had no fight, no passion, no tactical nous, and the players looked knackered after 60 mins. All these are largely down to the manager - who has time and again for me proven he is not up to the job.

Strachan is available and I would take him like a shot over Allardyce.

really.

and man city at home.

Indeed, hopefully BFS stays forever. This is exactly the shape in which we want to see Blackburn Rovers.

....really, are some people here actual fans of the club or are they taking the pi$$?

I hate this negativity about the team today! I blame Fat Sam for it. Why cant we play 4-4-2? will we lose by a bigger margin? At least with 2 upfront we can TRY to trouble their defence. We are garbage today, absolutely rubbish. Felt sorry for Robinson.

And that freaking useless rubbish Andrews. The WORST player ever to play for Rovers. Cant mark his player, cant protect the defence behind him, run like a freaking wussy, cant tackle, cant pass, and keeps pointing fingers at team-mates to do this and do that.

Does Fulham still wants him? Get lost, Andrews!

If I were Franco I'd be having second thoughts. We may as well played the kids today. Arte et Labore us no longer applicable to our club against good teams. Huff et Puff should be the new motto.

"Bibo ergo sum" is my motto tonight.

What you have said there has just illustrated the problem perfectly - the players (and Sam) are going there EXPECTING to lose. They went to Arsenal EXPECTING to lose. If you have that mentality then you are DEFINITELY shafted. However, if you go there and give it a go you might, just might, get something. Stoke went to a bang in form Tottenham today and won. If they went there expecting to lose they would have got what they deserved -SOD ALL. As it happened they were fortunate enough to win but only because they had a go. Sunderland away at Man Utd - unlucky not to win - why are we different?

Given that the "big four" are now looking like becoming "the big six" shal we just write off the Man City and Tottenham games as well?

under sam allardyce we went to arsenal and got beat 6-2 - just like mark hughes did

even when mark hughes was manager we got beat off the top teams and got beat comfortably

getting beat off arsenal, man utd liverpool and chelsea wont define our season ..

so if boils down to goal difference it wont matter will it? balls

your missing the point, its not that we lost, we all knew we would lose. the reason so may of us are so p**sed off is because not one single player on that pitch wearing white (robbo was in grey remember) showed one ounce of wanting to put some effort it, and no point did sam try to motivate them or even attempt to change the game plan (but why change it when it was so clearly working*)not changing the plan when it isnt working shows a arogant tosser who isnt fit to be a manager in my eyes. sam need to stop giving the fans crap, onforming us hes the "expert" when i 5 month old baby could manage out team better away from home

We are an embarrassment away from home against the 'big clubs',we simply cant offer any sort of resistance.What has hapenned to the proud Rovers side who used to stick one up the likes of these in years gone by?.I have no idea what the answer is but god help us if our home form takes a dip.

Its all becoming rather depressingly predictable...another 5 goals conceded against Utd next week?

That was dreadful. Just shows how heavily we rely on Dunn and Di Santo to offer an attacking threat, and how we rely on Samba to be fit so that Nelsen can sit on the bench. An own goal, 3 Nelsen mistakes and a Robinson mistake - not once did Chelsea score a goal that was unstoppable, which makes it even more painful.

The team has to change for next week. Dunn, Di Santo, Reid, Hoilett, Samba and Chimbonda all need to come back into the team. Pedersen, Roberts, Andrews, Emerton, Nelsen and Olsson all need to get dropped. A little harsh on Olsson because he was nowhere near the worst.

Archived