BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

Chelsea could move for Oscar Cardozo and Marc Jancko if they allowed to sign in January. Just a rumour,but that is a surprise move, which ever way you look at it.

I wonder if we can get Roberts, to look like Di Santo. Then send him instead, but i think Chelsea might become suspicious lol

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUTTED!!!! :angry2:

I cant really undertand any of this. How many people on here seriously thought that he'd stay until the end of the season? of course there is a chance but he was only loaned to us with a view to him getting first team action for 4/5 months. Nicko when he revealed it said that there was zero chance of any deal being struck for a permanent move and a very very small chance that he'd stay beyond January. Cant believe that people actually got their hopes up. Just make the most of it whilst he's here.

I cant really undertand any of this. How many people on here seriously thought that he'd stay until the end of the season? of course there is a chance but he was only loaned to us with a view to him getting first team action for 4/5 months. Nicko when he revealed it said that there was zero chance of any deal being struck for a permanent move and a very very small chance that he'd stay beyond January. Cant believe that people actually got their hopes up. Just make the most of it whilst he's here.

Realistically nobody thought he was staying but it's just that we're just beginning to see what he can do and he'll hardly be here long enough for us to reap the benefit of his experience and improvement in match sharpness etc if he goes in Jan. I'm not despairing but it is very frustrating if we have to find a new strike force again in January. He's the only on of our main strikers to score so far in the league, if I'm not mistaken.

Well i'm hoping, praying, demanding Di Santo stays, and that big Sam offloads Roberts or MaCarthy for Heskey.

• Backroom

Realistically nobody thought he was staying but it's just that we're just beginning to see what he can do and he'll hardly be here long enough for us to reap the benefit of his experience and improvement in match sharpness etc if he goes in Jan. I'm not despairing but it is very frustrating if we have to find a new strike force again in January. He's the only on of our main strikers to score so far in the league, if I'm not mistaken.

Roberts has 'technically' scored when he diverted Givets header in vs Wolves but other than that zilch sadly.

Sam may have a job on his hands if come January Kalinic isn't up to task and we have no money

With Drogba, Anelka, Kalou & Sturridge all ahead of him + Pizarro & attacking midfielders who seriously thought he could stay out on loan for longer than 6 months?? Probably most of England id say.....not many rated him on here prior to him playing.

Things change...and thinsg have changed....its about time people showed abit of positivity instead of the defeatist attitude. Di Santo wants to stay and the hand on heart to the blackburn end told its own story...

Things change...and thinsg have changed....its about time people showed abit of positivity instead of the defeatist attitude. Di Santo wants to stay and the hand on heart to the blackburn end told its own story...

problem is what Di Santo wants and what Chelsea want are two completly different things

Hi All,

nicko wrote:Don't despair on that one.

The boy has yet to say his piece to Ancelotti this weekend.

This one is far from over.

do I take it our resident journo knows something we don't know?. I would dearly love to have him here permanently btw good to see you back Nicko hard luck last week but you know the better team won sorry couldn't resist. I hope SA reads these boards cos out of a choice of Heskey & Di Santo that is a non brainer I would not touch that donkey Heskey with a barge pole I would rather have Kevin Davies LOL! at least he causes a nuisance but would rather go for DiSanto. My advice to SA put in a 5-6M bid for DiSanto might just tempt their hand into parting with him and anyway what do you have to lose they can only turn it down.I would also love him to be here permanently as the day they bring out a mug with DiSanto's pic on it will be first out of the traps to acquire one.

With Drogba, Anelka, Kalou & Sturridge all ahead of him + Pizarro & attacking midfielders who seriously thought he could stay out on loan for longer than 6 months?? Probably most of England id say.....not many rated him on here prior to him playing.

''Hand on heart to the Blackburn End told it's own story.''

Yes, it did. It confirmed there is still one gullible fool left who falls for the badge kissing whores. Do you think when Ancellotti tells him he sees him as and important member of the first team squad, ie, third choice striker he is going to turn around and say ''sorry Carlo, I love Blackburn too much, i demand you let me go back there immediately.''

Get a grip Hughesy, your posts are getting so bias they are verging on sickly. And the comment about 'Di Santo is officially a Rovers legend after scoring and celebrating with the fans;'' A legend? Really?

Keep 'em coming Hughesy.

Do you think when Ancellotti tells him he sees him as and important member of the first team squad, ie, third choice striker he is going to turn around and say ''

I think the problem from his perspective is that if that happens in january, once all the ACN players return he will drop to 4th or 5th choice again. He would rather play football than be sat on a bench, which is a credit to the kid. Many players would be happy to take the money and play in the reserves.

Didn't you hear Diouf on Radio rovers telling chimbonda he should have kissed the badge when he came off. Said in jest but the players do know what they are doing

Sorry gumboots I can't tell whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with my point?

Didn't you hear Diouf on Radio rovers telling chimbonda he should have kissed the badge when he came off. Said in jest but the players do know what they are doing

Thay can kiss one anothers bloody arse for all it matters to me. Badge kissing by mercenaries is pathetic unless it's done on international duty or by the likes of Dunny, Stevie G, Giggs, Scholesy etc who actually 'belong' at the club. Even 'our own' Damien Duff proved that, he's cheaply kissed just about everybody's patch from here to timbuctoo and back.

With Drogba, Anelka, Kalou & Sturridge all ahead of him + Pizarro

A few people have written that Pizarro is competition there - he signed for Werder Bremen this summer after spending all of last season on loan there.

I sincerely doubt he'll be behind Sturridge in the pecking order when he returns as well.

Sorry gumboots I can't tell whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with my point?

I think I was agreeing without going back to check. The players know some fans like to see them make gestures of love to the club they support. It's a bit of a joke among them obviously. Diouf told chimbonda he should have kissed the badge when he went off joking that the fans would have given him an even bigger cheer

wow. How soon some people forget what Benni did for us. Heskey has barely played football since leaving Wigan.

Heskey would be a more willing and capable forward than an unfit, uncaring MaCarthy.

Lets deal with now and not stick on the past Mr.E.

Di Santo wants to stay and the hand on heart to the blackburn end told its own story...

You have mentioned this quite a lot on the Burnley thread too. I would love to think that Di Santo wants to stay at Rovers because he loves the club, but that just isn't so. He loves playing first team football, and enjoyed scoring his first goal for us, and i'm sure he'll have had an idea what it meant to the fans being against Burnley. If a player really loves a club and has stayed loyal to them then I don't mind the badge kissing etc, but for Di Santo to do it is a bit of a joke really. He is a loanee who probably won't be here after January, who has been here 5 minutes. I really, really wish that he was called Mr Blackburn and it was his childhood dream to play for Rovers but first team football at Chelsea would win everytime.

Drogba is off to the AoN for a month

Kalou is used more as a wide man

Sturridge hasnt been getting any games at any level

Pizarro is at Bremen

I think there is a place for Di Santo at Chelsea if things remain as they are. He'd certainly get game time through January. Obviously i want him to stay but there's no point in getting your hopes up. You say defeatism i call it reality.

Archived