BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lancashire Telegraph report this morning that Rovers are interested in signing Di Santo. However, the telegraph also reports that Rovers have confirmed to them that this move to sign Franco will not be made in January.

Bentley MK2 all over again - extend his loan until the end of the season with an option to make it permanent.

Very good signing if we pull it off. Not that long ago - people were trying to tell me there was NO CHANCE he would stay :blush::lol:

BIG SAM, BIG SAM, SIGN HIM UP!!

Lancashire Telegraph report this morning that Rovers are interested in signing Di Santo. However, the telegraph also reports that Rovers have confirmed to them that this move to sign Franco will not be made in January.

Just seen the follow-up story this morning.

Do these muppets have to use the phrase 'contrary to national newspaper reports' in everything they do, incidentally?

The fact is Rovers want to keep the kid permanently, the lad is happy to stay.

It will - as always - come down to money.

I really do hope we get to keep the lad - players like this are one of the best things about supporting Rovers for me...........

Hopefully he will continue his development for us and in a few years time become the top player he looks like he may be.......

.........and after one glorious season pushing us to our best League finish for a while he gets the big money move that has fuelled his desire to work his socks off for us......

..........then never quiet reaches the level of performance that he showed at Ewood......

Ah!! the Schadenfreude of being a Roverite - Sutton, Bellamy, Bentley et Al (Shearer) ...........

But we love you Franco ....... and hopefully will continue to do so for a few more seasons yet :rover:

Di Santo - 20 years old

NZonzi - 20 years old (Just got his 1st start for France's U-21's at the weekend)

Kalinic - 21 years old (Again played for U-21's at the weekend and got an assist)

Hoilett - 19 years old

Jones - 17 years old

There is some young potential there....we just need Hoilett to show us some loyalty!!

We should assess Di Santo's worth at the end of the year, I think if he keeps playing the way he has then 7mil may very well be worth the price. Fact is that if he seems settled and happy to play then we've got a great young player in the squad, who could either serve us for a number of seasons or be sold for profit later on.

Do these muppets have to use the phrase 'contrary to national newspaper reports' in everything they do, incidentally?

Incidentally do you always have to refer to local reporters as muppets? Did you never have L plates on Alan?

I'm sure that you are aware that local reporters have to report from a different and dare I say more responsible stance than headline seeking newshounds.

Dont get the LT so I don't know much about Gary York but I've been quite impressed with Andy Cryer's match reports recently.

Even if the price is £7m - im sure it wont all be upfront, and alot of it will probably be based on clauses with things such as goals, international appearances etc.

At 20 year old, he has been mentioned as a potential 'world class' striker of the future - if he signs and becomes a hit - then im sure he will be worth a damn sight more than the £17m we got for RSC, due to his age, and also he doesnt have RSC Knees.

Incidentally do you always have to refer to local reporters as muppets? Did you never have L plates on Alan?

I'm sure that you are aware that local reporters have to report from a different and dare I say more responsible stance than headline seeking newshounds.

I had L plates, thanks. But I didn't go round saying 'contrary to national newspaper reports' as my mantra.

You will always have L plates if that's your attitude.

I had L plates, thanks. But I didn't go round saying 'contrary to national newspaper reports' as my mantra.

You will always have L plates if that's your attitude.

Rubbish! You critise 90% of everybody and everything that you haven't penned.

As for your parting shot what exactly do you mean? Please explain.

Rubbish! You critise 90% of everybody and everything that you haven't penned.

As for your parting shot what exactly do you mean? Please explain.

I didn't know you were counting.

If you want to get rid of your journalistic L plates you should trying getting your own stories, not leaping on somebody else's, using it and trying to have a sneer along the way.

Trying hard to remember the last Rovers tale that the LT broke.

Perhaps you could advise.

I didn't know you were counting.

If you want to get rid of your journalistic L plates you should trying getting your own stories, not leaping on somebody else's, using it and trying to have a sneer along the way.

Trying hard to remember the last Rovers tale that the LT broke.

Perhaps you could advise.

The LT has broken a Rovers storey??? Have I been in a coma???

Don't the LT just read teletext then make what they want of it?

The LT lost the plot when we lost the great Peter White. The paper hasn't been worth buying since then.

Is it just me or is this encouraging?

A player from around here does NOT get a mention in this story...perhaps he is off the radar at Chelsea.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5705262,00.html

The link to the page cannot be found.

Second guessing you I presume it is from the Chelsea page.

"Carlo Ancelotti will turn to Daniel Sturridge and Fabio Borini in January when Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou go to the African Nations Cup."

Let's hope it is true and we get to keep him after all.

The link to the page cannot be found.

Second guessing you I presume it is from the Chelsea page.

"Carlo Ancelotti will turn to Daniel Sturridge and Fabio Borini in January when Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou go to the African Nations Cup."

Let's hope it is true and we get to keep him after all.

Correct...it does not look as if Franco is at the front of Carlo's thoughts.

Think this deal has a chance.

Archived