BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

just laughing at the thread in which someone says give him time and the goals will come.haha what four weeks?

i know he works hard and like people say hes a good target man but wonder if derbs would have scored more than one at this time of year in the blue and white?

this.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of sentiment for Derbyshire on here but imo his career with us was on a downward curve. He came into the team like a breath of fresh air, scoring frequently but wsas unable to take the next step up and ended taking a few steps down.

There's a lot of sentiment for Derbyshire on here but imo his career with us was on a downward curve. He came into the team like a breath of fresh air, scoring frequently but wsas unable to take the next step up and ended taking a few steps down.

Agree 100%, nice lad but not good enough. Would have liked him to have been but we got decent money for him. Some people are being revisionist about him as another stick to beat Allardyce with.

There are valid complaints to be made but letting Derbyshire go isn't one of them.

I'm sure Derbs did better than score one soft tap in during his first 9 games, yet he wasn't good enough whereas Di Santo is? Di Santo is also older than Derbs was with far more game time behind him - he was in the Chilean league what 4 years ago?

I've seen nothing to convince me yet that he will be a regular scorer at this level. Apart from his 3 1-on-1's, I can't remember him testing the keeper at all this season, shots or headers.

I'm sure Derbs did better than score one soft tap in during his first 9 games, yet he wasn't good enough whereas Di Santo is? Di Santo is also older than Derbs was with far more game time behind him - he was in the Chilean league what 4 years ago?

I've seen nothing to convince me yet that he will be a regular scorer at this level. Apart from his 3 1-on-1's, I can't remember him testing the keeper at all this season, shots or headers.

DiSanto Strikes me more as a target man, due to his excellent control and vision. Kalinic strikes me more as the finisher, from what I've seen of him. Obviously he hasnt scored too many, but that seems to be his aim. While DiSanto gets chances, he just seems to be more of a 'get the ball and give to the striker' type. We need to see them partnered together.

Both attempts by Whitehead and Di Santo were not missed as much as saved by excellent goalkeeping imo.

Exactly my point. Di Santo did what he needed to do, as did Whitehead, and both were defeated by exceptional goalkeepers. If anything, Di Santo's performance reinforced my opinion that we need him full time.

just laughing at the thread in which someone says give him time and the goals will come.haha what four weeks?

i know he works hard and like people say hes a good target man but wonder if derbs would have scored more than one at this time of year in the blue and white?

We aren't making instant coffee. Bringing players along takes time, especially when they are thrust into a role upfront, alone. Literally everything about Di Santo screams future star.

I liked Derbyshire but he wasn't a player that would have fit in well with the squad Sam is modeling. That is not a knock as certain other 'good' players, such as Benni, don't either.

DiSanto Strikes me more as a target man, due to his excellent control and vision. Kalinic strikes me more as the finisher, from what I've seen of him. Obviously he hasnt scored too many, but that seems to be his aim. While DiSanto gets chances, he just seems to be more of a 'get the ball and give to the striker' type. We need to see them partnered together.

Absolutely. But I think Sam is putting off the Kalinic and Di Santo partnership until after January. Why that might be so would be pure speculation.

Also Dunn left because he'd fallen out with Souness. He's Rovers through and through and was delighted to come back.

If he were Rovers through and through, why was he willing to sign with Bolton, one of our local rivals?

If he were Rovers through and through, why was he willing to sign with Bolton, one of our local rivals?

Because he needed to be back in the north west for family reasons and he soon dropped them when rovers came calling didnt he!

Thats a ridiculous comment. I don't even know why I'm commenting but the Prem is a highly lucrative professional sport not Sunday morning pub football.

Would be bad news either way if we want him then, either his price would go up or given the choice I think he'd pick Everton over us.

Why? We've actually played him, which seems his driving concern. And he looks to get along very well with Sam and the rest of the squad, in particular Dunn (whose interaction with Di Santo around the field reminds me of a very proud older brother with a talented younger brother). If he's well adjusted, I doubt his agent and/or family will want to disrupt what appears to be the beginnings of a thriving Premier League career.

• Backroom

Maybe him having played here is a bonus for us but I'd expect any neutral to chose Everton over us, it'd be a no brainer for most I imagine.

Better squad, bigger club, not great at the moment but they are a club with a brighter outlook than ours.

And he looks to get along very well with Sam and the rest of the squad, in particular Dunn (whose interaction with Di Santo around the field reminds me of a very proud older brother with a talented younger brother).

What channel are you watching the games on?!?

From the Darwen End yesterday, it appeared that Dunn was getting rather frustrated with some of Di Santo's decisions.

• Backroom

From the Darwen End yesterday, it appeared that Dunn was getting rather frustrated with some of Di Santo's decisions.

Wondered where you'd got to, thought you may have given up :P

Sentanta and/or Fox [the American word for football] Channel, depending upon which is showing the Blackburn games. And I readily acknowledge that I only see what the camera shows me.

As posted, Dunny wanted to return to the north west as his girlfriend or ex girlfriend had just had a child with Dunny. Being in Brum didnt help matters but Dunny knew of Rovers interest and wanted to desperately come back only problem was Rovers hadnt lodge any bid until the eleventh hour just as he was about to sign for big Sam at Bolton.

It was Rovers who delayed in approaching Brum which allowed Bolton to move in, Dunny was always waiting for Rovers its just they Rovers didnt get involved until it was nearly too late.

IF this happens it would be truly gut wrenching for Rovers. Fingers crossed its just Chelsea worrying Rovers.

Archived