BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

Your camera must be covering ..ONE FLEW. OVER THE CUCKOO NEST at the same time.are the games sponsored by spevsaverss or loony towns across the pond?

Well it's fairly obvious that we're watching two entirely different games. Over the last few weeks, I think the Rovers have been playing some steady, reliable football that has been beautiful to watch on admitedlly rare occassions. You have been watching something else. That's fine.

I'm just as frustrated as you with the Rovers not beating Stoke. And McDonald's comment that a point is a fair result made me blow my top. However, I think the Rovers created plenty of chances for themselves and it comes down to bad luck that we didn't get the win. If they keep playing like they did at Stoke, I believe we will have a decent season.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CMONbobbie rovers or everton mmmm lets see. :unsure:

Figure in that we are 3 places above Everton. Also that Saha is 1st choice at Everton by a mile and he has his feet under the table here. Also that we are reputedly amongst the bigger payers in the Prem.

Apart from that it's a toss up. ;)

This one has to be addressed sooner rather than later.

There could be some big news out of Chelsea in the next day or so about a potential signing that will help Di Santo get out of there.

Stand by your beds on this one.

Has to be Sergio Aguero?!

Why dont everton just fook off and go and buy Jo instead....

Franco will hopefully stay with us....he respects us for giving him a 1st team chance im sure

To be honest, the way Everton's season is shaping up they're not looking more of an attractive position than us, especially from Di Santo's point of view.

Firstly, they'll get nowhere near europe again - spurs, pool, villa and city will see to that. That's before taking into account the poor form that they are in. Thw press are full of stories that Moyes has reached his limit with them.

The rejection of a new stadium and public lack of funding can't help this image.

Everton have, Saha, Yakubu, Anichabe (sp???) all of whom would give him a run for his money to get in the team, made all the more difficult because of their one up front tactics.

Jo would be a better investment for them. They know him, he's settled there and he's done ok for them.

Di Santo would massively benefit from being guarenteed first choice at rovers, in a system set up to play around him and Dunn. He'll get many more games at rovers then everton. Seems a no brainer on this one.

He has a lot of slack cut him at rovers due to his attitude and goal against the dingles.

A little thing called loyalty for rovers taking a chance on him. (Admittedly last on the list).

In short I can't see that one happening.

I was under the impression we get first choice in any kind of permanent or temporary transfer? Ie: Chelsea or Rovers for DiSanto until the summer, regardless of outside parties?

Where did you get that idea? We'd have to pay a lump sum for the loan if that were the case, nicko has said a few times this is a 'wages only' loan. Chelsea would get absolutely no benefit from offering us those kind of terms for nothing.

Has anyone who rails at our 4-5-1 formation on the one hand but praises Di Santo to the rafters on the other stopped to think that he is the single reason that we play so often with just one up front? Without him it would be out of the question.

Has anyone who rails at our 4-5-1 formation on the one hand but praises Di Santo to the rafters on the other stopped to think that he is the single reason that we play so often with just one up front? Without him it would be out of the question.

That's wrong Gord. Big Sam has stated the form of Dunn playing just behind a lone striker is the reason for persisting with that formation.

Without Dunn in the team, two strikers would be the option.

That's wrong Gord. Big Sam has stated the form of Dunn playing just behind a lone striker is the reason for persisting with that formation.

Without Dunn in the team, two strikers would be the option.

So thats it then aggy. We must drop Dunny and Di santo for the Lpool match?

Archived