BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but would this deal be for a season long loan? or a permenant move?

It's conceivable to do either...but I hear that a buy is the best way of getting it done. Sounds like Franco wants to be somewhere he likes, so it would be better if it was permanent.

It will come down to money and the size of the fee. These things usually do.

Meriem has been and gone. He still has a knee problem and is not fit enough to sign. Something of a blow for all concerned.

I would be over the moon if we signed Di Santo, but I struggle to see where we'd get the money from. I'm assuming a permnanent deal would have significant bonuses and add-ons involved.

Installments...like everybody else who uses credit.

Bear in mind McCarthy is likely to be gone at some stage and will have to be replaced.

Buying a young striker who can cope with the Premier League and should undoubtedly improve is a good way forward.

I think Di Santo can be bought for less than the original £7 million Chelsea wanted - my mole there says it could even be half of that sum.

That would be a no-brainer for me. The kid just needs to bulk up and will become one of the best, most skillful target men around.

That would be a no-brainer for me. The kid just needs to bulk up and will become one of the best, most skillful target men around.

Agreed. I think he could be the perfect foil for Kalinic too, who seems more a predatory type striker.

The one thing that does worry me about Di Santo is his goal-scoring. He rarely seems to threaten the goal, even in Chile he only scored 13 goals in 66 games. He could be brilliant when partnered with the right player though.

• Backroom

Bear in mind McCarthy is likely to be gone at some stage and will have to be replaced.

Buying a young striker who can cope with the Premier League and should undoubtedly improve is a good way forward.

I think Di Santo can be bought for less than the original £7 million Chelsea wanted - my mole there says it could even be half of that sum.

If that kind of deal can be done the club should do everything in its power to get it sorted. I do wonder if other clubs could become interested if his availability becomes known - hopefully his happiness here would persuade him to favour us over any other potential suitors.

He rarely seems to threaten the goal, even in Chile he only scored 13 goals in 66 games.

It's a tough position he's been playing for us on his own with little service. According to wikipedia (not the best source I know), he scored 12 in 17 in 2007/08 aged 18. This would make his goal scoring record woeful before then, but I assume he would have made a lot of substitute appearances and was very young.

£3.5m?! That would not only be a bargain but also a superb investment, and paying that in installments wouldn't cripple us in later transfer windows.

Would be a fantastic piece of business if we can pull it off.

I think he could be the perfect foil for Kalinic too, who seems more a predatory type striker.

I agree on that

£3.5m?! That would not only be a bargain but also a superb investment, and paying that in installments wouldn't cripple us in later transfer windows.

Would be a fantastic piece of business if we can pull it off.

Totally agree. £3.5m when the likes of Frazier Campbell cost almost double is just crazy! Especially if we are paying it in 'bits'.

It would give us a strike pair with one 20 and the other 21....GREAT for the future of our club and both wont be taking home inflated wages.

Meriem has been and gone. He still has a knee problem and is not fit enough to sign. Something of a blow for all concerned.

Dont think putting a Camel alongside our donkey in the centre of midfield would be a good thing for the team.

:rover: the big problem with this guy he does not score,if were laying big money we need a goal scorer :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Strikers have to score goals - that's the bottom line. Up 'til now he hasn't posed any kind of goalscoring threat, but he is a talented lad. Can he score goals though?

Total no-brainer. How much did Doyle cost?

If it can be done at £3.5m or even a tad more its got to be worth it. He could be Chris Sutton mark II!

What i can't understand is why he seems so happy here. Its great to hear, but i just wonder why. He gets god awful service from our shambles of a midfield and although he's clearly being toughened up, it doesn't strike me as the kind of work you'd describe as enjoyable. But whatever. If he wants more of the Allardyce boot camp and we can stump up the money by clearing the decks of McCarthy and maybe one or two more in the January car boot, then fantastic.

He likes it here because he gets games. He's the star of the show, or at least one of the stars. At Chelsea he is lost in the crowd, 5th or 7th in line.

For a talented young man with what I would assume is a healthy ego, that must grate. Also, a few years in the backwoods of Ewood, making his name, could lead to a starting position with a "big" club.

I don't think it will be a life-time romance, but he seems practical. So right now he's willing to go with the song, "if you can't love the one you want, love the one your with".

Archived