BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

£10

Where were you all? Do you feel like muppets? What a game you missed!

I'll be watching the woodwork, see if you all come crawling back out....

£55 petrol

£10 match ticket

4 hours driving

Getting back at 1am and going to work the next day.

I'm gutted I missed it but happy to have money in pocket to see me through christmas.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I see the excuses have started; so some are genuine but an awful lot of people were missing! You can't all have excuses. Chelsea brought a lot and fortunatley that bumped the attendance up to 18K.

£10

I thought they'd lose so didn't go. Simple as that.

I wish some of you people would get in the real world. It might only be £10 to you but it could be the difference of paying the mortgage, council tax, gas, or electric bills, to some. I was made redundant a few months ago and it is a few weeks work here and a few weeks work there .If I could get a full time job I would jump at the chance.

So to call it a Benefit culture is well off the mark. Rant over

Well I see the excuses have started; so some are genuine but an awful lot of people were missing! You can't all have excuses. Chelsea brought a lot and fortunatley that bumped the attendance up to 18K.

£10

Why does anybody have to explain themselves??? :blink:

I was there and thoroughly enjoyed it, hopefully people will think twice about staying at home next time. As for people who work/live out of town well I can sympathise. I work in Manchester which makes night games a real pain after an early start and battling my way down the M60 of an evening.

• Backroom

£10

:blink:

Goalkeepers in camouflage!

I sit towards the back, at the Darwen End side of the Riverside. E04 Row 24.

When McCarthy stepped up to take his penalty I thought there was no keeper between the posts. He was wearing an orange top just like the stewards lining up along the Blackburn End.

When Ballack stepped up, again I thought "Where's Robbo?" He was wearing grey, just like the colour of the Blackburn End crowd. He really was the invisible man.

And how can the ref see them during the game; particularly Robbo in grey?

£10

Not everybody does 9 to 5, some of us do shift work at ungodly hours...you muppet

Not everybody does 9 to 5, some of us do shift work at ungodly hours...you muppet

I won't be having a pop at anyone who didn't want to or couldn't attend the game. Everyone is free to make a choice given their own circumstances.

I'm happy to travel for all home games because I actually enjoy watching my team whether it be against Peterboro with a team including squad players or what was virtually the first team against Chelsea. Enjoyed both matches!

Obviously some people had work commitments that were unavoidable but I'm sure that doesn't apply to all the possible extra 10,000 people that could have attended. Night games are a rare occurance at Ewood these days, people knew very well in advance when the fixture was and could have agreed nights off work, babysitters, ect.

It's quite shocking that the attendance was only 18,000 (which consisted of a decent following from Chelsea) for a major Quarter Final tie against the current league leaders. Especially when you consider the ticket price of £10, you won't find any better night's entertainment anywhere for that sort of price. I don't know whether people where put off by the recent Stoke home performance or the fact that it was commonly expected that we'd get crushed yet again by one of the 'Big Four' but the club can't do anymore to attract fans. I've no sympathy for the stayaways, they missed one of the best matches at Ewood for the past couple of seasons.

I'm sure if we make it to Wembley they'll be a lot more wanting tickets than the 13,000 or so Rovers fans that bothered to turn up and support their team for the Chelsea game. :rolleyes:

What an amazing game, such a thrilling experience. The whole team were great, but Kalinic and N'Zonzi were especially good. The latter looks like he'll mature into a top Premier League player in the next few years.

My immense thanks and appreciation goes out to T4E, Bellamy11, Cn174, Tris and Claire for getting me out of a huge jam and for making games that much more fun of late.

Don't you get holidays? I've worked shifts, never missed a game.

Careful planning and a bit of comitment thats all thats needed.

By the way, 1am before I was home and over a 100 mile round trip. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Don't you get holidays? I've worked shifts, never missed a game.

Careful planning and a bit of comitment thats all thats needed.

By the way, 1am before I was home and over a 100 mile round trip. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I missed it for a vital lab report which was handed in that night at 9pm (half time) after we'd been given the assignment the previous evening. Is that good enough for you?

Try writing a 20k word lab report in just short of 20hours (that means no sleep and therefore I'd probably have slept though the game haha)

You get lab report assignments that are double dissertation length? And you can write at 1,000 words an hour for nearly a day straight???

You get lab report assignments that are double dissertation length? And you can write at 1,000 words an hour for nearly a day straight???

Yes to the first bit. and I didn't manage to get it to the limit. handed it in at just shy of 17k words. It was actually 4 assignments at 5k words all in one go, because the UCLAN admin had f*cked up. So completed 3 and got some of the last one done, but was losing the will to live so just gave it in. I'll keep the pedantics happy :P

I missed it for a vital lab report which was handed in that night at 9pm (half time) after we'd been given the assignment the previous evening. Is that good enough for you?

It's not me you have to impress. I'm not bothered (in fact 18K suits ME better than 30K - less traffic, easier to get a pint - decent enough atmosphere), just asking how those of who missed it felt? I would be gutted.

As for 20,000 word lab report, clearly expectations and standards have improved dramatically since I got my degree! but go on admit it... you left it to the last minute and are just making up excuses aren't you...?

Like I said I don't care you sent your missus (I think you said), you contributed to the attendence number (albeit indirectly).

It's not me you have to impress. I'm not bothered (in fact 18K suits ME better than 30K - less traffic, easier to get a pint - decent enough atmosphere), just asking how those of who missed it felt? I would be gutted.

As for 20,000 word lab report, clearly expectations and standards have improved dramatically since I got my degree! but go on admit it... you left it to the last minute and are just making up excuses aren't you...?

Like I said I don't care you sent your missus (I think you said), you contributed to the attendence number (albeit indirectly).

Fair play and indeed I WAS gutted to have missed it. However, me and 5 lads listening on radio followed by drinks at student prices more than made up for it hahaha

Bloody hell, my MSc dissertation was a maximum of 20,000 words. That took me months.

Yep, these days it's totally normal to receive 20,000 word assignments mid-term with a deadline 24 hours later. Not unbelievable in the slightest.

Archived