BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Trent.

I would imagine you would get all the Darwen End.

How many would we get at VP for the second leg?

Are the League cup and FA cup rules the same in regards to away fan allocation? I'm sure for the FA Cup, away teams have to be offered 25% of the capacity but don't have to take them - many are offered on a non sale or return basis if the home team would sell them.

If so, Villa would have to be offered the whole of the darwen End and we would be offered similar for Villa Park. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Wayhay! Back on for more rent-boy bashing.

So where were we:

Yes that's it. We outplayed Chelski with passing and fluid football. And we did it with our youth team (bit of poetic liberty, granted).

Ah yes. We even beat them at their own game of penalties.

Doesn't come much better.

Seem to recall Rovers taking 9,000 to OT in 2003 and 7,000-ish to Hillsborough in 2002. I assume we'd be entitled to something similar at VP?

Can't see too many trekking down for the FA Cup tie now...hopefully a fantastic following for the CC match though.

I massively regret not going last night but it was a "no-go", well-done to everyone who got down there and was handsomely rewarded!

SACKED

????????????

Deary me, I know I'm by no means word perfect myself but that article is riddled with all sorts of errors and is one of the worst match reports I've ever set my eyes on. The bit about Kalou going off "with concussion" I found highly amusing though and since when has the term "messed up" been an adequate description of an event in a match report? :lol:

Seem to recall Rovers taking 9,000 to OT in 2003 and 7,000-ish to Hillsborough in 2002. I assume we'd be entitled to something similar at VP?

Can't see too many trekking down for the FA Cup tie now...hopefully a fantastic following for the CC match though.

I massively regret not going last night but it was a "no-go", well-done to everyone who got down there and was handsomely rewarded!

Sorry fella you won't be getting anything like 9'000 or 7'000 tickets for Villa Park, 9000 would be giving you 20% of the capacity of the stadium and that just wouldn't happen.

You will get the corner of the Witton Lane stand (others sometimes call it by its official name which happen's to be the same as our ex-chairman) you may get both tier's or you may just get the upper it varies from game to game.

Are the League cup and FA cup rules the same in regards to away fan allocation? I'm sure for the FA Cup, away teams have to be offered 25% of the capacity but don't have to take them - many are offered on a non sale or return basis if the home team would sell them.

If so, Villa would have to be offered the whole of the darwen End and we would be offered similar for Villa Park. Does anyone know if this is the case?

There is certainly a rule in place in regards to the FA cup although I don't the percentage but I don't think there is any such rule in place for the League Cup.

I've certainly never heard about that rule being in place for the league cup before in any case.

Logic would say it can't be as high as 25% in any case as that would equate to just over 10'000 away fans at Villa Park which simply logistically wouldn't be possible.

Sorry fella you won't be getting anything like 9'000 or 7'000 tickets for Villa Park, 9000 would be giving you 20% of the capacity of the stadium and that just wouldn't happen.

You will get the corner of the Witton Lane stand (others sometimes call it by its official name which happen's to be the same as our ex-chairman) you may get both tier's or you may just get the upper it varies from game to game.

Aye but we're wondering if there has to be a minimum like in the FA Cup? If there is, I would've thought 7,000ish as being quite realistic for VP. What did you give Bolton in 2004(?)? That would be a good comparison.

I assume you'll be offered the whole Darwen End. Or maybe 3/4...

Aye but we're wondering if there has to be a minimum like in the FA Cup? If there is, I would've thought 7,000ish as being quite realistic for VP. What did you give Bolton in 2004(?)? That would be a good comparison.

I'm sure there probably is a minimum otherwise some club would say 'right no away fans' but as I stated above I don't believe (I stand to be corrected) that there is a set % allocation as there is in the FA Cup.

I can't in all honesty recall 2004 very clearly or certainly not their allocation but I'd work on the assumption you will recieve in the region of 4000-5000 at a guess.

I'm sure there probably is a minimum otherwise some club would say 'right no away fans' but as I stated above I don't believe (I stand to be corrected) that there is a set % allocation as there is in the FA Cup.

I can't in all honesty recall 2004 very clearly or certainly not their allocation but I'd work on the assumption you will recieve in the region of 4000-5000 at a guess.

Well, Im not rooting out the rule book cos I cannot be bothered, but I suspect you are wrong.

United gave Derby County 12000 tickets last season. They wouldnt do that if they didnt have to.

I changed my mind, the minimum for the other rounds is 15%, it doesnt refer to the semi final's, but see above on United v Derby

• Backroom

At least there is no southern teams in the final, I like Villa so if we do go out I hope they gop on to win it.

I was fuming listening to talksport today, a Rovers fan rang in praising our approach and team selection, one of the hosts said 'Don't for a minute think the result had anything to do with Rovers it was all down to Chelsea putting out a poor side'

Well you can only beat who you are up against and we did just that.

The only thing that disappointed me last night was our approach to the second half of extra time, we just looked to sit back a bit too much when it was clear that if we kept at them they were scared and we could have scored again a bit to similar to the end of the Dingles game.

I couldn't care less now though so who cares :P

Because I am THAT sad, I just looked on the Carling Cup website, which states in Article 22.2; 'the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 15% of all tickets'. So I assume we can claim 6K-ish. Links below if people want a look

http://www.carlingcup.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Rules/0,,11995,00.html

Well, Im not rooting out the rule book cos I cannot be bothered, but I suspect you are wrong.

United gave Derby County 12000 tickets last season. They wouldnt do that if they didnt have to.

I changed my mind, the minimum for the other rounds is 15%, it doesnt refer to the semi final's, but see above on United v Derby

Perhaps...we will have to wait and see I guess.

That is a huge number of tickets for Utd to give away, that is 16% of the capacity of the stadium although perhaps it wasn't that attractive to their fans who are used to bigger games. Working on that percentage though you would be looking at 6'720 tickets for Villa Park.

What is the capacity for Ewood?

Because I am THAT sad, I just looked on the Carling Cup website, which states in Article 22.2; 'the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 15% of all tickets'. So I assume we can claim 6K-ish. Links below if people want a look

http://www.carlingcup.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Rules/0,,11995,00.html

Well done that man. In that case you will be getting circa 6300 for Villa Park.

That is a huge number of tickets for Utd to give away, that is 16% of the capacity of the stadium although perhaps it wasn't that attractive to their fans who are used to bigger games. Working on that percentage though you would be looking at 6'720 tickets for Villa Park.

31,000 give or take the shouting. Allocation is very likely to be top tier of the Darren End (circa 3000) and half the lower (circa 2000), purely hypothetically you might end up with the whole stand, but Id guess it depends on how likely we are to shift the tickets (or you are for that matter!)

31,118 / 100 X 15 = 4667

I imagine you might be offered top tier, and half the bottom, with us hoping to sell enough to justify keeping half the bottom tier as attendances are up at the moment with the 'Take Back Ewood' initiative.

31,000 give or take the shouting. Allocation is very likely to be top tier of the Darren End (circa 3000) and half the lower (circa 2000), purely hypothetically you might end up with the whole stand, but Id guess it depends on how likely we are to shift the tickets (or you are for that matter!)

Selling them won't be a problem we took 3000 to Pompy earlier this week which was our full allocation but could have taken a lot more.

Blackburn will be offered the usual upper corner of the Witton Lane Stand, which works out at 1100 seats and then it will be a case for Blackburn to decide whether they want to take the lower Witton Corner (1750 seats), the upper tier of the North (4000) or both. Only Man United have ever taken up the option of all three.

Bolton had an allocation of 3000 in 2004 and did not sell out.

I would expect we'll be offered all behind the goal, given the low attendance of last nights game, desire for a sell out, large allocation offered at Villa Park etc.

Chelsea a weakened team? Weaker than the first 11 sure but look at the players:

Ivanovic- £9.7 million

Ferreira- £19 million

Belleti- Champions league winner

J. Cole- Need I say anything?

Mikel- £16 million

Ballack- Need I say anything?

Malouda- £15 million

Zhirkov- £19 million

Deco- £8 million

Kalou- £5 million

That is one expensive array of talent, please note we were missing first 11 players like Di Santo, Jacobsen, Dunn and... Andrews :lol:

Great victory for which Sam deserves HUGE praise!

They have the right to ask for 15% as previously stated, however it could also be the case that Villa would say a section of those tickets would not be on a sale or return basis, so Rovers may settle for less.

We will probably end up with around 3000,

Any less, then we should give priority to those season ticket holders who went to 2 of the previous games and there would be no problems.

its in the interests of both teams to have as small an away allocation as possible. I also sincerely doubt that the tickets would be reduced. Perhaps the FA Cup 3rd round game will be though, as I think we wont take too many there at all.

Archived