BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We now have Villa 3 times in the early part of the year - 2 carling cup and 1 FA cup. Oh I hate claret and Blue for some reason. Who does tonights result go down to Big Sam or Neil Macdonald?

I think Neil Macdonald deserves a lot of credit. He went out there and sorted out the players before the pens which won us the game in the end. A lot of heads could have dropped after the late Chelsea goal but we, the right team and best team on the night went through.

COYB!

Well done Rovers...best game ever watched solely through text reports!

The confidence will be sky high for saturday. Team will be knackered. But playing 3 up front against the prem leaders takes bottle. Bet this will be sold as a DVD for christmas.

The Rovers are a great team. Today's perfomance lends credence to Nelsen's comment that the score at Chelsea home was an aberration, as they should have been in bed recovering from the swine flu, not on the pitch playing. Sweet, sweet revenge :D:rover:

And AV is a winnable game. The Rovers performance against AV last time, and this game, should be a huge confidence booster. Sam always said that he wanted silverware. Well, he's one step closer.

And the Big 4, including the three that we've already played away, should be sitting up and taking note. They can thrash us in their backyard, but its a scene at Ewood. Benitez has a rocky road this weekend.

Despite his rookie errors, it would be nice to be able to keep Hoilett. I hope this result opens his eyes (and his father's) to the possibilities he has with the Rovers.

Looking at Villatalk they are booking the accommodation for Wembley tomorrow morning. My god they come across as pretty arrogant.

Villa will be tough but we can beat them over two legs.

Anyone would think they've already won it, judging from their reaction to facing us.

It's in again! Mad congratz! To those lucky enough to be at Ewood, was this the fifth game in a row playing Seven's "Blackburn" without losing? If played, both before the game and in half time? That Norwegian voodoo recipie really works then, wow I thought that old man in the store just was pulling my strings. :rover: Thanks for bothering to answer.

Looking at Villatalk they are booking the accommodation for Wembley tomorrow morning. My god they come across as pretty arrogant.

Villa will be tough but we can beat them over two legs.

TBH I'm sure they must be delighted they're facing us instead of Chelsea.

Let them think they're already through, we'll just have to cook up a little surprise or two.

I think Neil Macdonald deserves a lot of credit. He went out there and sorted out the players before the pens which won us the game in the end. A lot of heads could have dropped after the late Chelsea goal but we, the right team and best team on the night went through.

COYB!

Yes I have to agree with that - also Robbo. Made a clanger for the chelsea 3rd goal - but made amends saving Ballacks and the last one. Credit Junior also taking the last pen. Also the supporters made one hell of a noise, which I believed helped. I wonder who picked the line up tonight sam or macdonald.

Chelsea supporters have told me Rovers won because they only had ten men - I suggest that Rovers were the best side first half - late second half - first half of extra time and in the pen shoot out.

• Backroom

FANTASTIC RESULT!

It would be interesting if we go 433 for the next few games now. Requires balls against Liverpool but to be honest we need to give it a crack.

As far as I'm concerned, why not go for it? It worked tonight for most of the game, and we're not expected to beat Liverpool anyway. If things go badly, it's not working and we ship 2 or 3 goals then revert to a flat 4-5-1 and stop any further damage. I'd rather we gave it a go than play another game like Stoke.

One word to describe the feeling I had when we saved the last penalty...

EUPHORIA!

Well done Rovers now let's take this deserved victory onwards for the rest of the season and show the Premier League that we are still the David against the Goliath's.

Brilliant stuff, just brilliant.

Wow!!

Just back from the game, what a performance, Salgado was excellent, Emerton was excellent, Kalinic was excellent, Chimbonda was excellent!!

We looked up for it and we had a go at them, I don't think Chelsea expected that. Robbo made a brilliant save from Ballack's penalty, Kalinic took a soft one as did their kid Kakuta. Nonetheless, we're through and face Villa.

Big Sam beat them 5-2 in the 1st leg and lost 2-0 in the 2nd with Bolton. So he has done it before and fingers crossed he'll do it again!

Up the Rovers!

I think tonight has restored my faltering faith in the game :) But, bloody hell, trust Rovers to do it the hard way! I had to put up with the radio at work. I don't know who would have been more stressed me or the fan at the game? It sounded like we played the best ttacked football in many many years! I wish we could play like that every week, I could bare losing if we'd played like that! We could be the new "Entertainers" :D

Archived