BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a brilliant night!!! For all those slating Robbo as soon as he let that ball slip, I hope you are apologising for doubting him. He just wanted to show Capello how good he is at saving pens and why he should be going to South Africa. He more than made up for his 1 error. Haven't actually seen Junior's chances and what he did but he is a young lad who won the pen which Benni scored then stepped up for pen no.5, under a lot of pressure, and slotted it so fair play to him!! Absolutely delighted with the boys tonight! We know we can always rely on Benni to slot our penalties and also well done to Kalinic and Emerton who more than played their part in this excellent victory!

Superb game, excellent entertainment, chances galore, football played the right way - no hoofball tonight, exhibition stuff at times even though Chelsea did help by having only ten men.

I think the Rovers players and the club can stick two fingers up at all the non believing fans tonight.

There was so many good things tonight its hard to know were to begin.

Arte et labore.

What a brilliant night!!! For all those slating Robbo as soon as he let that ball slip, I hope you are apologising for doubting him. He just wanted to show Capello how good he is at saving pens and why he should be going to South Africa. He more than made up for his 1 error. Haven't actually seen Junior's chances and what he did but he is a young lad who won the pen which Benni scored then stepped up for pen no.5, under a lot of pressure, and slotted it so fair play to him!! Absolutely delighted with the boys tonight! We know we can always rely on Benni to slot our penalties and also well done to Kalinic and Emerton who more than played their part in this excellent victory!

First time i've seen that lad Hoilett play and f**k me he was brilliant. Done some great footwork to get away from Ferreira and has some terrifying pace. We need to give this lad more playing time and get him to pen a new deal ASAP!!!!

It has been a very very long day for me today starting at 0500hrs and as I drove over to Ewood Park tonight I was expecting to hear that we had the Chelsea high rollers in town and to expect the beating of all beating on the pitch.

Tuning into Wendy Howard I was very surprised when she gave the Chelsea team out. Too much respect ? Dont think so. Arrogance ? yes I think so. Chelsea had a team of stars, mixed youth with experience and cost wise outdid Rovers by a lot of Roubles.

I am certain that Chelsea came to Ewood expecting nothing but an easy win whatever team they fielded.

I looked at the Rovers line up and thought BLOODY HELL, attack is the game tonight.

I am too tired to go on for now, I will save it for tomorrow.

But for now.

Waggy, you missed a cracking effort football wise. All of those who didnt go missed the big club getting a kicking FOOTBALL WISE.

At times it was sublime, scintilating and class (at times bloody awful though!).

Rovers took on the Big boys and hammered it down their throats.

bring on the Villa.

• Backroom

Lawro on the BBC panel, brilliant.

Bet he's been practising his verbal fellatio of Chelski all day, oops. Wonder how long it takes them to say "Chelsea second string" or "heroic performance playing with ten men for so long" :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Wow what a night, a real rollercoaster but a great performance.

Before anyone tries to say they only had 10 men that was because we forced the changes as we were the better side.

-My man of the match was Salgado, he was superb apart from the one mistake for the 2nd goal.

-Kalinic did great, just seen the first goal, great flick to start the move and great awareness.

-It would be really nice to keep hold of Hoillet the lad has talent, shame about his finishing. Great penalty though.

-The ref had a mixed game, some great advantages but missed a blatant backpass and a few other things

I really thought it was game over at 1-2 well done to the lads for keep plugging away.

More of the same on saturday please if my heart can take it :rover:

Now that was a football match!

Madness or genius - 3 strikers and 3 midfielders against Chelsea?

End-to-end, slick passing, pace, power - we had it all. The best entertainment I've had at Ewood probably since we were 4-1 up against United a few years back.

I trust those that lay the blame for "poor" selections, "dire" tactics and "wrong" formations squarely at the door of the management team will give credit where credit is due for tonight's result?

Just got back from match and what a match ! hand on heart i cant really say any rovers players played bad, emerton and salgado were top class, kalinic and benni pulling central defenders all over the place.

The real winner tonight was the fans, what a treat we had, best i have seen rovers play all season long may it continue.

I know I'm not just speaking for myself but for those of you who went to Old Trafford like me for the semi final of the FA Cup, Ballack missing the penalty tonight and us finally getting one over the rent boys is a large dosage of healing tonic.

Seconded. For me this result represents a step towards neutral karma from that day.

Looking at Villatalk they are booking the accommodation for Wembley tomorrow morning. My god they come across as pretty arrogant.

Villa will be tough but we can beat them over two legs.

Shall we book every single hotel between the lot of us right now? Then if we don't get through we can eBay the rooms to the arrogant ######?!

Junior's miss was awful... but took a fantastic pen.

Robbo's saves on the pens were superb.

Lawro complimenting us! What's the world coming to. :blink:

Of sorts. "They were much better tonight than you usually see on a saturday....they actually passed the ball".

Oh sweetest Lawro.

The man looked like he purposefully ###### himself in protest at the result as the camera panned across after tonights highlights.

• Backroom

Of sorts. "They were much better tonight than you usually see on a saturday....they actually passed the ball".

Oh sweetest Lawro.

The man looked like he purposefully ###### himself in protest at the result as the camera panned across after tonights highlights.

Eh isn't Lawro saying exactly what we're saying on here?

• Backroom

Oh sweetest Lawro.

:D

It was certainly praise he clearly begrudged giving.

Presenter: Blackburn certainly value for their win Lawro?

Lawro: -pause- yeah.

:D

Ancelotti's triple sub at HT was a strange, strange decision. They'd played badly but they didn't need 3 substitutions. He'll think again before doing that !

I'll hold my hands up & say I was one of those who was sure we were onto a hiding for nothing tonight. So proud of all the Rovers players. The performance shows what we can achieve when an attacking formation is fielded and players like Hoilett and Kalinic are given a chance to show what they can do. Everyone else was great. Even the draw has gone our way. Let's hope City knock United out and we have a good home leg against Villa.

Best night of the season so far - let's hope we can keep the confidence from that performance & result and carry it into Saturday's game.

Eh isn't Lawro saying exactly what we're saying on here?

Hardly praising us though is it? I think we have played some decent stuff at times this season. My only gripe has been with the lacklustre performances against Chelsea and Utd. We might not be playing total football, but comments like that in the media don't do us justice. The same as when we had the bully boy tag. We were a very decent side but the media portrayl was that of a kicking side.

We all know Lawro has issues with us. But tonight i'm a happy man and one which can revel in the likes of Lawro having to suffer.

• Backroom

Van Heerden did ok, it was a shame that in the second half of extra time we sat back as him and Hoillet could have ripped them apart had we kept going at them.

For me Elrio did enough to be considered from the bench at lease.

Archived