BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

Only saw the highlights, great stuff. Finally. Scary feeling Sam will want to ###### on all four corners when he gets back and we will revert to the crap we have been used to. Must say I thought young Kalinic's read and movement for his goal at the Darwen end was excellent. Was Benni offside? They only showed it once with out a replay, I could not tell from the angle. wELL DONE LADS.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on tv so only managed to get scraps of information (mainly on here) during the game.It must have been fantastic to watch.I suspect that McDonald had a big part in this judging by his comments prior to the game, I like his attitude, but of course the the boys on the pitch had the final say, keep it up guys, pride is restored.

Seeing as we are going to be seeing rather a lot of each other in the coming weeks I thought I'd drop in and congratulate you on a fine win last night.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to an extra trip to Ewood this season although obviously hoping for a better time than our recent league visit.

Does anyone know how many tickets we are likely to get for the semi-final?

Seeing as we are going to be seeing rather a lot of each other in the coming weeks I thought I'd drop in and congratulate you on a fine win last night.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to an extra trip to Ewood this season although obviously hoping for a better time than our recent league visit.

No idea mate, could quite possible be half the lower and all of the upper, around 4000-4500. May give you the full end, although I doubt that one. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say about 4-4500, Chelsea got that and I would imagine you will too, due to what should be high demand from the Rovers fans. :brfc:

Cheers Trent.

I would imagine you would get all the Darwen End.

How many would we get at VP for the second leg?

I think we should rename January Villary.

Thanks for the good wishes- I'd guess you'll get the just under 3,000 Darwen End upper and then see how Rovers are doing filling the Darwen End Lower before getting half that and another 2,500.

From a Rovers' perspective, if we beat both Chelski and Liverpool it will transform the club's season and how we see ourselves. Bring on the scousers!!!

No idea mate, could quite possible be half the lower and all of the upper, around 4000-4500. May give you the full end, although I doubt that one. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say about 4-4500, Chelsea got that and I would imagine you will too, due to what should be high demand from the Rovers fans. :brfc:

Cheers fella. I was kind of hoping we would get the full end but didn't really think it was very realistic given the demand there will be from home fans for the game.

If we get 4-4500 it is a decent amount really although probably not enough to meet the demand for this one, I love your away end its one of my favourite away days of the season.

I think you will probably get between 3-4000 at our place for the return leg.

You won't be seeing Brad though as he doesn't play in this competition for us.

Cheers fella. I was kind of hoping we would get the full end but didn't really think it was very realistic given the demand there will be from home fans for the game.

If we get 4-4500 it is a decent amount really although probably not enough to meet the demand for this one, I love your away end its one of my favourite away days of the season.

I think you will probably get between 3-4000 at our place for the return leg.

You won't be seeing Brad though as he doesn't play in this competition for us.

They will be, they'll be seeing Baby Brad! :D

Gona echo Trent, really good result and well done, am expecting two cracking ties to see which one of us goes to Wembley to face the scummy mancs.

I think we should rename January Villary.

Thanks for the good wishes- I'd guess you'll get the just under 3,000 Darwen End upper and then see how Rovers are doing filling the Darwen End Lower before getting half that and another 2,500.

From a Rovers' perspective, if we beat both Chelski and Liverpool it will transform the club's season and how we see ourselves. Bring on the scousers!!!

I know a few tend to come on here during Jan, you can thank Nicko for that.

I'm a fairly regular lurker on here to be honest, tend to drop in when something big happens such as the walking chip with a man attached getting the boot, Fat Sam rocking up and then the signing of Spit the Diouf etc. I always drop in around the games as well.

Tris, why is it thank you mr macdonald for the positivity???? Surely sam would have picked the team?

Otherwise why would we not have been attacking on the weekend against Stoke when mac was in charge?

Yes he takes credit but the big man who you love to hate has to take credit for getting us where we are in this cup run as well. Come on be man enough to give him just a little credit, he's got us to within a 2 legged match of our first visit to the new wembley.

It's in again! Mad congratz! To those lucky enough to be at Ewood, was this the fifth game in a row playing Seven's "Blackburn" without losing? If played, both before the game and in half time? That Norwegian voodoo recipie really works then, wow I thought that old man in the store just was pulling my strings. :rover: Thanks for bothering to answer.

Hey again! Any word on this? People might have misunderstood me, I was trying to ask a question here :brfcsmilie: Thanks for the lookout!

Absolutely fantastic!!

Well done to all the lads and management for last night and the best performance Ive seen from Rovers for a while! I thought we totally deserved the win and if Junior had got his head up in extra time a bit more we wouldnt have needed the drama of pens! Not fair to single players out when they all did well but I thought N'zonzi and - in the second half and extra time - Chimbonda were superb, Robbo too for the penalty saves.

If we play like in the next round like we did last night then Ill be visiting the Big Smoke at least once in 2010!!

Fantastic result. What a rollercoaster ride. I expected us to loose - as did most Rovers fans as we are realists. Delighted when we went ahead but felt it was too long to hold on and defend. The Chelsea midfield were magnificent, very quick and very sharp. But we were there with them and I thought we had the better chances. I felt when we were attacking we had them worried. At 1 nil at half time I thought we had a reasonable chance.

I was down to see Chelsea score so soon after the break. The second Chelsea goal was a give away. At that stage I thought it was going to end up 4 or 5 - 1 to Chelsea. Delighted when we got back into it. Also delighted when I saw their player go down and the look on their trainers face and his signals to the bench. I thought we made the extra man count. This was clearly our chance to beat Chelsea. I was so nervous that we would blow it. We deserved to win and were on top. Was worried when we did not win in normal time. Delighted with the penalty but thought it still gave time for Chelsea to come back. But we were so on top at this stage and thought there was no way that we could loose. Their last goal was crushing. Thought we would loose on penalties. Up when we went ahead. Down when we missed one and it was even stevens. Collapsed when Robinson saved their last penalty. I am going to buy " Tonight's going to be a good night " to remind me of the match.

The most lasting satisfaction - we were as good as them

:rolleyes:

You can't seriously be advocating an 'experimental' side consisting of three forward players who have all of about 90 minutes playing time combined so far this season? Against, arguably, the best side in the world right now and in the most important game of the season thus far?

Well he played 2 of the 3 - worked didnt it!

As for the game - If Chelsea rest Terry, Lampard, Anelka & Drogba then I believe we have an excellent chance. Iv just got a mad feeling we can do it...and then for some reason we will get Villa in the Semi's.

I knew it...I just had the feeling, the same feeling that tells me we will be in the final.

Looking at Villatalk they are booking the accommodation for Wembley tomorrow morning. My god they come across as pretty arrogant.

Villa will be tough but we can beat them over two legs.

Course we can beat them. We d!cked them once with 10 men already this season. Good luck to them, they can sell the rooms off to us for cheap after the games.... :lol:

Superb game, excellent entertainment, chances galore, football played the right way - no hoofball tonight, exhibition stuff at times even though Chelsea did help by having only ten men.

I think the Rovers players and the club can stick two fingers up at all the non believing fans tonight.

There was so many good things tonight its hard to know were to begin.

Arte et labore.

Spot on JAL

NZONZI - AWESOME

CHIMBONDA - AWESOME

SALGADO - VERY GOOD

KALINIC - VERY GOOD

Doesnt look like bad signings from Sam to me ;)

Hey again! Any word on this? People might have misunderstood me, I was trying to ask a question here :brfcsmilie: Thanks for the lookout!

Yes played before start of the game and also before start of 2nd half!

What an absolute brilliant fantastic penalty save from Robinson on Ballack's pen!

Kalinic is awesome: Holds the ball up very good, good link up and alomost scores 2-3 times today.

I have only seen the highlights therefore I can't say more than this, but I also have to say that Sam's signing are doing very good.

The difference for me tonight was I always though we could score. Even after it went 1-1 I still felt confident we would get another, and that's not happened to often this season.

Before the game we all felt it was a formality and Chelsea would win, but when we saw the line up it gave us a real boost and the mindset of well at least we're giving it one hell of a go against them.

Great performance all round. Emerton was awesome as was Chimbonda and Nzonzi. Grella played really well when he came on IMO. Won the ball and kept possession very very well. Even MGP had a good game.

For me Benni and Kalinic have to start Saturday, they are the only strikers scoring goals.

Incidentally Ewood was described on 5live as empty- there were 18,000 odd on there last night!

Top tier of the Blackburn End and Riverside side of the DE lower were empty, whilst the Riverside was very sparsely populated*. I think a lot of fans tend to go in the posh seats for these £10 cup games.

But an awful lot of supporters were missing for a cheap but prestigious tie. Shame on them and their shallow support :rover: . But the best bit for the stawaways to consider is that the gGeneral concensus in the pub was that that was the best £10 spend ever!

Archived