BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with long ball as long as it's mixed up with the other stuff. Best goal against us was Torres's moment of genius after being supplied by a big boot from Carragher from his own half. Course some from the massed ranks of big club brown nosers would describe that as an intelligent and incisive through ball.

What about Kalou's goal, that was the perfect example of a long ball. Nobodies slating Chelsea for that one. Caught us completely un prepared. Of course if our right back had been where he should have been and not playing left midfield and our centre halves hadn't dozed off it would have been a pointless punt down field.

Just watched the highlights on RoversWorld since the tosspot media over here barely even acknowledge our win and will show Citeh highlights but not ours (complaint letter on the way).

Anyways...the penalty save from Ballack was superb but the penalties by Mc, Hoilett and Emo were utterly brilliant, must have been practising in training. Benni's was just unstoppable, Junior copied Benni perfectly and Emo's was inch perfect and very devious. And if I hear one more person say Chelsea lost cos they played a "weakened" team I'll throttle them, what were the corresponding costs of the teams on Weds? I reckon 30m v 120m. Weakened my arse.

I think it was said on the radio lastnight but Robbo dived to his left for all 5 pens and saved 2.

Did he make up his mind to do this before the shootout or was it the way he was reading the run up.

Whatever the case, the probabilty of diving to the same corner actually increases the chance of at least saving one.

He certainly went left to save Ballack's. For the last one he was stood up almost central on goal and moving slightly to his left, if he'd made up his mind to dive left Chelsea would probably have scored.

As someone who couldn't make it because of family commitments - I have some sympathy for those that couldn't make it. Mid-week matches can be difficult for a number of reasons - including for many people work.

Full credit to those that did attend - sounded a good atmosphere on the radio.

CLB and I were not having a pop at people who couldn't get to the match but those who said they weren't going because it was a foregone conclusion. Just goes to prove that football is still a funny old game!

The fans of this club have been that spolied for 18 years that a good chunk of the fanbase still EXPECT top 8 finishes, European football, cup semi finals, even though we have one of if not the smallest budget in the league. Not turning up for cup quarter finals is testimony to how success is taken for granted.

I cherish every single triumph this club has because who knows what could happen in 1/2/5 years. Hats off to everyone involved in the club post Jack Walker for keeping the dream alive

This stat says it all:

Manchester City- 1 Semi Final in 28 years

Blackburn Rovers- 6 Semi Finals in 8 years.

:brfc:

You REALLY think that there were people who didn't go because they EXPECTED us to get to the semis. I never heard a single person who said "I'm not going, it's only a quarter final". A lot of people did however expect a battering. The reason some people go to the semi is because they think they'll have a better chance of a ticket to a final.

These are the same people who used to go in the mid-nineties. They're an odd species called glory hunters. Camellion-like, their clothing often changes from Arsenal or Chelsea colours to blue and white when things start looking up!

I couldn't go because I have an injured back and neck but still have to work. A 217 mile journey each way getting back at 4am wouldn't have helped!

But oh, the irony. My nephew won a prize in Match magazine some time ago. He and 3 of his friends (plus 4 accompanying adults) get to go on a tour of Stamford Bridge and then taken to Cobham for a training session at Chelsea's training ground. This Saturday. Guess who one of the accompanying adults is? Now, do I possess a Rovers shirt????? (OK for once I might break the "only footballers should wear football shirts" rule)

Oh and it's our Christmas dinner this weekend- me and all my best friends do it every year- so I couldn't have gone to the Liverpool match anyway. Not without serious friend repercussions. (Last year I was going to the meal and got stuck for 6 hours behind an accident on the M11 and didn't make it)

And if I hear one more person say Chelsea lost cos they played a "weakened" team I'll throttle them, what were the corresponding costs of the teams on Weds? I reckon 30m v 120m. Weakened my arse.

I just had to compare:

Chelsea:

• Hilario (Free)
  • Belletti (Unidisc)
  • Ferreira (£13,2m)
  • Ivanovic (£8,9m)
  • Zhirkov (£18m)
  • J.Cole (£6,6m)
  • Mikel (£16m)
  • Ballack (Free)
  • Deco (£7,9m)
  • Malouda (13,5m)
  • Kalou (£9m)

Total starting line-up:£93,1m

Subs:

• Didier Drogbga (£24m)
  • Kakuta (Youth?)
  • Bruma (Youth?)

Total with subs:£117,1m

Blackburn Rovers:

• Robinson (£3,5m)
  • Salgado (Free)
  • Samba (£400,000)
  • Ryan Nelsen (Free)
  • Chimbonda (£2,5m)
  • Emerton (£2,2m)
  • Nzonzi (£500,000)
  • MGP (£2,5m)
  • Benni (£2,5m)
  • Nikola (£6m)
  • Roberts(£3m)

Total starting line-up:£23,1

Subs:

• Hoilett (Youth)
  • Van Heerden (Free)
  • Grella (£4m)

Total with subs:£27,1m

Approx. £120m vs £30m cost/value of all the players involved in the quarterfinal.

Chelsea's team was worth/cost 4 times the value of our team.

Something to be very proud of!

Did I dream Wednesday night?

Just watching SSN (ok, first mistake I suppose) and the are talking about this weekend's games as though Wednesday never happened. Chelsea are unbeatable; Liverpool will stroll past Rovers. But they show the City goals and still no mention.

I appreciate that commercially the are always going to kiss the backsides of the top 4 but at the expense of actual events? :angry2:

This stat says it all:

Manchester City- 1 Semi Final in 28 years

Blackburn Rovers- 6 Semi Finals in 8 years.

:brfc:

Love that stat.....Its just been forwarded to a gloating City fan.

And if I hear one more person say Chelsea lost cos they played a "weakened" team I'll throttle them, what were the corresponding costs of the teams on Weds? I reckon 30m v 120m. Weakened my arse.

£30m? Id say around £22m tops - DROGBA COST THEM £24M ALONE!

Robbo (£3M), Salgado (Free), Chimbonda (£2M), Samba (£200k), Nelsen (Free), Emerton (£3m), NZonzi (£500k), Pedersen (£1.5m), Benni (£2.5m), Roberts (£3m), Kalinic (£6m).

Just watching SSN (ok, first mistake I suppose) and the are talking about this weekend's games as though Wednesday never happened. Chelsea are unbeatable; Liverpool will stroll past Rovers. But they show the City goals and still no mention.

The Norwegian media hasnt even mentioned that Rovers beat Chelsea. I havent read about it in the newspapers or anything.If it was the other way around there would be big news about Chelsea in the Semi's. I accept it and like it, because it means we are punching above our weight and really are the David against Goliaths as someone else mentioned earlier.

Good work there - but their team actually cost more than 5 times what ours did!

You sure? Isnt 30x4 = 120?

I just had to compare:

Chelsea:

• Hilario (Free)
  • Belletti (Unidisc)
  • Ferreira (£13,2m)
  • Ivanovic (£8,9m)
  • Zhirkov (£18m)
  • J.Cole (£6,6m)
  • Mikel (£16m)
  • Ballack (Free)
  • Deco (£7,9m)
  • Malouda (13,5m)
  • Kalou (£9m)

Total starting line-up:£93,1m

Subs:

• Didier Drogbga (£24m)
  • Kakuta (Youth?)
  • Bruma (Youth?)

Total with subs:£117,1m

Blackburn Rovers:

• Robinson (£3,5m)
  • Salgado (Free)
  • Samba (£400,000)
  • Ryan Nelsen (Free)
  • Chimbonda (£2,5m)
  • Emerton (£2,2m)
  • Nzonzi (£500,000)
  • MGP (£2,5m)
  • Benni (£2,5m)
  • Nikola (£6m)
  • Roberts(£3m)

Total starting line-up:£23,1

Subs:

• Hoilett (Youth)
  • Van Heerden (Free)
  • Grella (£4m)

Total with subs:£27,1m

Approx. £120m vs £30m cost/value of all the players involved in the quarterfinal.

Chelsea's team was worth/cost 4 times the value of our team.

Something to be very proud of!

You need to email that to that clown Adrian Durham and the rest of his buddies at Talksport. According to him Rovers didn't win the match Chelsea lost it. Hawkesby and Jacobs even suggested that getting beaten on penalties was not technically classed as losing!

I couldn't go because I have an injured back and neck but still have to work. A 217 mile journey each way getting back at 4am wouldn't have helped!

But oh, the irony. My nephew won a prize in Match magazine some time ago. He and 3 of his friends (plus 4 accompanying adults) get to go on a tour of Stamford Bridge and then taken to Cobham for a training session at Chelsea's training ground. This Saturday. Guess who one of the accompanying adults is? Now, do I possess a Rovers shirt????? (OK for once I might break the "only footballers should wear football shirts" rule)

Oh and it's our Christmas dinner this weekend- me and all my best friends do it every year- so I couldn't have gone to the Liverpool match anyway. Not without serious friend repercussions. (Last year I was going to the meal and got stuck for 6 hours behind an accident on the M11 and didn't make it)

:rover: all your football shirts will be green and white,with a few stains on them :wub::brfc:

Well I see the excuses have started; so some are genuine but an awful lot of people were missing! You can't all have excuses. Chelsea brought a lot and fortunatley that bumped the attendance up to 18K.

£10

Where were you all? Do you feel like muppets? What a game you missed!

I'll be watching the woodwork, see if you all come crawling back out....

I missed the game and I'm pleased. Because I'll be there tomorrow along with the myriad other "worms", in great numbers, I believe. And it should spell out, even to a dummy, that people will pay good money to watch a team that has given a little and actually played with it's heart, as opposed to followed a statistical target to reach an unsatisfactory end.

Well I see the excuses have started; so some are genuine but an awful lot of people were missing! You can't all have excuses. Chelsea brought a lot and fortunatley that bumped the attendance up to 18K.

£10

Where were you all? Do you feel like muppets? What a game you missed!

I'll be watching the woodwork, see if you all come crawling back out....

I had a lab report due in thursday morning so do forgive me. However it was even worse. I had bought a ticket before I knew this, but my gf went in my place....I hope she learned a thing or two about footy apart from Pedersen's face being 'rather handsome'!

Archived