BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Behaviour

RIML

Fans behaviour at fulham was so low key I do not know why half of them went.

I was so angry cos we had all possession but no sting.Most were more interested in the pies.

On the Pakistan/India thing Thenodrug wants to swot up on his history.

first its called the 'Indian sub-continent' and second most of the chefs are from Bangladesh!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternative view no doubt but I'd suggest that is indeed the best answer to verbal racism. Violence being the last resort.

I guess people are brought up to be more precious nowadays.

Well we can't all be hard @#/?s with tough skin now can we.

Why is there two of you? :)

I mean to debate. It's not just me, people replied to my posts, I only felt it was necessary to reply back but obviously some people have other ideas on messageboards.

Anyways it doesn't seem like I can get the point across I was trying to make and it seems people feel the same way about me.

Fans behaviour at fulham was so low key I do not know why half of them went.

I was so angry cos we had all possession but no sting.Most were more interested in the pies.

first its called the 'Indian sub-continent' and second most of the chefs are from Bangladesh!

I had 2 pies at Fulham. They were good. The football on the other hand, wasn't.

Whilst discussing offensive language, there is some quite regularly on this board which is offensive and no amount of reporting to mods seems to make any difference.

Using the names" Jesus" or "Christ" as expletives, in other words swearing, is offensive to me and maybe others. I have reported this in the past but little seems to be done about it.

The other day I read "Jesus effing Christ" which the mods seem to allow, yet don't allow "######,####.######,paki,nigger, (Please don't use that word again) etc."

You are so right there Bazza. I too have complained on a number of occasions and not even got so much as an acknowledgement let alone anything done about it. Religion in general and Christianity in particular may have dropped off the new fangled or trendy teaching curriculum in schools, and hence there are very few that now follow these teachings, but that does not excuse the ignorance that has ensued and resulted in so many people now not even being aware just how much hurt and annoyance their lack of thought causes to the people who still follow their religion whichever it is.

It is also worth noting that the politicians and PC brigade are extremely quick to leap onto any kind of statement or language that they consider may be offensive to the Muslim religion, and they are quite right to do so, but by the same token why do they not apply exactly the same thinking and standards to language that offends other religions, whichever one?

Who does he think he is? I hope he was punished appropriately with a spell at Her Majesty's pleasure. Faggot is obviously an excuse for violence in his book.

This bit is also for Shillito (no it wasn't talking ######):

My cousin (I do think he went over the top, but I can understand why he reacted as he did; if someone decided to target me for being deaf, I would probably do the same and deck them) got fined 500quid (then a grand, then 1500) for what he did, but the 'offenders' also received fines of 100quid each. All that money went into MP's pockets, no doubt.

My point is I wasn't talking shyte and I apologise for the offence I have obviously caused some on this thread by my mentioning 'Brit'. If there is a stigma attached to the P word, then fine. But as has been pointed out above (can't remember who said it), what about those of Pakistani origin? I understand how the word is offensive, but someone from Pakistan being called so....is that so wrong? I know the tone of it makes a helluva difference.....

People are treating language as an absolute that conforms to rationale and logic when in reality nothing could be further from the case. All languages are defined by context, emotion and evolve dramatically over time. It's very very apparent from some of the things on this thread that some people either fail to grasp this concept or simply deny that it is the case.

You are so right there Bazza. I too have complained on a number of occasions and not even got so much as an acknowledgement let alone anything done about it. Religion in general and Christianity in particular may have dropped off the new fangled or trendy teaching curriculum in schools, and hence there are very few that now follow these teachings, but that does not excuse the ignorance that has ensued and resulted in so many people now not even being aware just how much hurt and annoyance their lack of thought causes to the people who still follow their religion whichever it is.

It is also worth noting that the politicians and PC brigade are extremely quick to leap onto any kind of statement or language that they consider may be offensive to the Muslim religion, and they are quite right to do so, but by the same token why do they not apply exactly the same thinking and standards to language that offends other religions, whichever one?

I dont think we can equate blasphemy with racist insults. Again, its context. The language directed to the Muslim community is usually on grounds of race, not religion. I dont find the words 'Jesus Christ' particualrly offensive but I can understand why it would be to other people, however its not a direct insult to christians in the same way as a racist term is to asian communities. There is a big difference.

I dont think we can equate blasphemy with racist insults. Again, its context. The language directed to the Muslim community is usually on grounds of race, not religion. I dont find the words 'Jesus Christ' particualrly offensive but I can understand why it would be to other people, however its not a direct insult to christians in the same way as a racist term is to asian communities. There is a big difference.

I, on the other hand most certainly do. The reason being that absolutely irrespective of what context it is used in, it is blasphemy, and in my eyes a sin and grossly offensive. If people are not religious themselves they will obviously not be able to see it in this way, but surely anyone who has had some sort of teaching in either Religious Doctrine or or some other kind of lessons in ethics and morality, then they ought to be capable of realising that this kind of language will be offensive to others that have had this teaching.

It really is a matter of consideration for the feelings of your fellow human beings. And to those who do not understand this, then that is almost certainly due to their either never having had the necessary morality training, or if they have had it then it is their rejection of it. Either way it results inevitably in offending (intentionally or otherwise) those people like myself who do have a faith and do follow it. So to everyone reading this thread I ask you to please give a little more thought to these matters, and try to think of how your actions affect others.

######. Whenever I have an 'Indian' I usually ask where they originate although a quick scan of the menu is usually enough to tell. Personally Bangladeshi style food is my least favourite. I tend to prefer Pakistani cooking. Just wish they'd kill stuff humanely instead of gloryfying unecessary cruelty in the name of religion. Causing suffering is hardly a good advert for any religion is it?

'Shagging is a more offensive term than Paki'

Seriously? Unbelievable.

One is a sexual term frequently considered a swear word and one is an abbreviation. Are you really so stupid that you cannot comprehend?

That is probably one of the most ridiculous statements I've read on here.

Sure you're on a wind up Gord?

Nope. The term is intended to be offensive in the chav chant that I rail against but the term Paki when used as a simple verbal abbreviation is not. imo

Archived