BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

The atmosphere was electric in the Darwen End last night as im sure many of you who were there will agree. I didn't hear the BBE once to be honest but this is obviously due to us singing throughout the match.

Our aim is to improve the atmosphere at Ewood Park as a whole and drown out the away fans (which we definitely managed to do last night)

Barry - There was definitely more numbers and more singing than the previous games in the DE ;)

Roll On Bolton! - Keep The Momentum Going and Join The Blue Brigade In the Darwen End!

Join The Facebook Group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234170016119

Visit The Website - http://www.bluebrigade.weebly.com

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love the fact that we have rovers fans in the darwen end now! but from the BBE you can hardly hear the Darwen End and by yhe time the ong gets across its finishing, this is no fault of the darwen end because im sure it is loud where you are, if the riverside and jack walker stand sung aswell it would help massively, but the BBE and Darwen End are so far away its hard to hear each other and get in tune, but hopefully we will get to that point where the whole ground is rocking...i mean how good do you want the football to be before the ground is rocking on all sides! :mellow:

but if i could get a season ticket in the darwen end for 19 games a season i would definately be in there, it looks fun! :rover:

i love the fact that we have rovers fans in the darwen end now! but from the BBE you can hardly hear the Darwen End and by yhe time the ong gets across its finishing, this is no fault of the darwen end because im sure it is loud where you are, if the riverside and jack walker stand sung aswell it would help massively, but the BBE and Darwen End are so far away its hard to hear each other and get in tune, but hopefully we will get to that point where the whole ground is rocking...i mean how good do you want the football to be before the ground is rocking on all sides! :mellow:

but if i could get a season ticket in the darwen end for 19 games a season i would definately be in there, it looks fun! :rover:

You`ll never get the BBE & DE singing in tandem, it`s all about sound travelling distances. It just doesn`t work.

I`m sure the vocal support from both ends is highly appreciated on the pitch (where it matters ;))

Sometimes you hear a murmur from the Riverside, but never from the JW stand. All you can hear from them is a strange crunching noise.....that`s Wurthers Originals being eaten :lol:

You should try the Darwen End for a game. If you like singing & chanting, you`ll enjoy it. The singing section seems to be growing every home game. It started off with about 30-40 people & now it`s more like a couple of hundred :rover:

You`ll never get the BBE & DE singing in tandem, it`s all about sound travelling distances. It just doesn`t work.

I`m sure the vocal support from both ends is highly appreciated on the pitch (where it matters ;))

Sometimes you hear a murmur from the Riverside, but never from the JW stand. All you can hear from them is a strange crunching noise.....that`s Wurthers Originals being eaten :lol:

You should try the Darwen End for a game. If you like singing & chanting, you`ll enjoy it. The singing section seems to be growing every home game. It started off with about 30-40 people & now it`s more like a couple of hundred :rover:

Haven't been out of the BBE for years.

Where abouts is the singing section? Does everyone just congregate in the same area? The club should promote it more tbf.

Haven't been out of the BBE for years.

Where abouts is the singing section? Does everyone just congregate in the same area? The club should promote it more tbf.

its at the riverside, side of the DE. and with it being unreserved seating everyone who wants to sing just goes to that part of the stand

its at the riverside, side of the DE. and with it being unreserved seating everyone who wants to sing just goes to that part of the stand

They should congregate in the middle of the stand. That's more likely to get even more people singing, surely? Chants from the midle spread much quicker than from the sides of the stand.

I noticed that they were under the Radio Rovers studio but would have thought it better up at the back by the separating fence, ie. as near to the middle as possible. Fair play though, plenty of noise and the Bburn End tended to follow the Darren Enders in choice of songs. Not sure when my next home game will be due to travelling over from Zurich but I definitely intend to try one or two in the Darren End before the season ends. Pity I can't make the Piggies game, I'm sure it'll be rocking then.

They should congregate in the middle of the stand. That's more likely to get even more people singing, surely? Chants from the midle spread much quicker than from the sides of the stand.

People congregate up in the top corner mainly because the seats around the middle of the stand get taken quite early in the day, where-as quite a few of the guys who like to sing also like a beer before the game. They tend to migrate towards their seats 5mins before kick-off.....& up in the top corner they`re not bothering anybody or obscuring anybodies view & there`s plenty of empty seats.

I agree it would be better if we gathered more in the middle, but this is not 'club run' thing, it`s where a few like-minded lads decided to congregate for a sing-song during the game. Since then, it`s kinda started to take off & gain popularity :rover:

Intend to switch to the Darwen End for the Bolton game with a couple of other JW Upper season ticket holding mates. Don't worry, we're leaving our tartan flasks and rugs behind. What are the ticket office practicalities? Do I need all of our actual ST cards when I call in at Ewood tomorrow? Is it feasible to transfer on the actual match day (Sunday morning might be tricky)?

Has the Darwen End Blue Brigade mustered a full-on "You are my sunshine..." yet?! Hope it's a good game and lively atmosphere, even without much in the way of prematch libations.

Intend to switch to the Darwen End for the Bolton game with a couple of other JW Upper season ticket holding mates. Don't worry, we're leaving our tartan flasks and rugs behind. What are the ticket office practicalities? Do I need all of our actual ST cards when I call in at Ewood tomorrow? Is it feasible to transfer on the actual match day (Sunday morning might be tricky)?

Has the Darwen End Blue Brigade mustered a full-on "You are my sunshine..." yet?! Hope it's a good game and lively atmosphere, even without much in the way of prematch libations.

I have transferred 2 seats from the Riverside and only had my own ST card, the other one I just gave the customer number and confirmed his name and address.

I'd go prior to Sunday to be honest... you don't want to be stuck in the usual queue's

Or even the whole ground. I wouldn't even give a crap if the away fans got involved in it, cos that would be MINT!

would be great if the song was played just before the team's came out... from what I've seen and read the singing section has got a real buzz about it and I think it can spread out and bring some much need optimism and support to all sides of Ewood...

JUMP UP JUMP UP AND JUMP DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a few email requests to Gerald (or who-ever`s in charge), asking them to play the 'jump around' song over the PA system just before the teams come out? :huh:

It`d be interesting to see jusy how many join in :rover: lol.

Archived