BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

must make a comment. the singing section is supported by most stewards certainly the senior ones i know. the only problems are you are right in front of the steward control room who can see everything you do. also there are plenty of stewards who are not rovers fans and need little excuse.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stewards mostly come up to tell people to stay out of the stairways. I`ve seen them come up & 'have a few words' with people, but i don`t know the reasons why? There`s a woman up in the steward control room who seems to take great pleasure in directing stewards via her walkie-talkie. She`s a proper power-crazed killjoy. I`d hate to be her hubby! lol :lol:

....just a thought, maybe a banner on poles could be lifted infront of the control room window.....just to p1ss her off a bit! ;)

Pity the stewards don`t enforce their policies equally on away fans. That`s what upsets folk

COYB!! :rover:

Pity the stewards don`t enforce their policies equally on away fans. That`s what upsets folk

Exactly, Those United scumbags always congregate on the steps.

Maybe the singing corner should move to the centre... as well as moving from the dragon(s) in the control room it would encourage the rest of the DE to sing/clap along too.

Ben - a good suggestion.

Cletus - Maybe so, but if you have under one hundred rovers fans who are mostly decent folk but blocking the aisles, or thousands of united scum doing it, which group are you more likely to get the right response off?

Trust me, it is the fact that the singing section co-operate when the stewards ask for the aisles to be cleared that they ignore the standing - by the rules they are weel within thier rights to tell you to sit, and start ejecting those who don't.

The reason away fans 'get away with it' is because generally the ones doing it are the very type who will start destroying the ground and immediate area so they apply some give and take.

Now, if (and in my opinion 'when') the singing section grows to thousands, the same will apply to you.

I can't defend what I percieve to be incidents of overzealousness from the stewards, but then I can't defend deliberately winding up the stewards in charge who are literally right behind you. That is asking for trouble.

Now I've been bemoaning the poor support of our club for several seasons and I am honestly overjoyed that you are taking the bull by the horns and providing the sort of support the players need. I just want you to consider you have more friends than you think!

Just wondering - is it possible to be a fan of our fans? If so, count me in!

Hate to say this but after todays incident at Stoke I just hope the Police dont come down hard on Rovers fans.Lancashire Police and Rovers to an extent do seem to go into 'panic mode' when matters appear to stray from the norm.A poster has already stated that their little group in the DE were being filmed by the boys in blue.

Ben - a good suggestion.

Cletus - Maybe so, but if you have under one hundred rovers fans who are mostly decent folk but blocking the aisles, or thousands of united scum doing it, which group are you more likely to get the right response off?

Trust me, it is the fact that the singing section co-operate when the stewards ask for the aisles to be cleared that they ignore the standing - by the rules they are weel within thier rights to tell you to sit, and start ejecting those who don't.

The reason away fans 'get away with it' is because generally the ones doing it are the very type who will start destroying the ground and immediate area so they apply some give and take.

Now, if (and in my opinion 'when') the singing section grows to thousands, the same will apply to you.

I can't defend what I percieve to be incidents of overzealousness from the stewards, but then I can't defend deliberately winding up the stewards in charge who are literally right behind you. That is asking for trouble.

Now I've been bemoaning the poor support of our club for several seasons and I am honestly overjoyed that you are taking the bull by the horns and providing the sort of support the players need. I just want you to consider you have more friends than you think!

Just wondering - is it possible to be a fan of our fans? If so, count me in!

yes wolverine it is possible to be a fan of our fans join the singing sections facebook group - Blue Brigade, have a chat

R.I.P John Taylor

Join us in the Darwen End and Lets sing our hearts out in memory of a fellow rover!

Once again ,yet another great atmosphere in the Darwen End :tu: The numbers seem to have swelled yet again.

I spotted a guy i used to work with in the DE tonight. He said he & 5 of his mates had moved from the BBE for the Hull & Bolton games.

I`m sure he enjoyed the experience :rover:

I never once heard the BBE all night :(

It`s a shame they`ve retired from singing over there :(

• Backroom

BBE atmosphere wasn't brilliant but there was certainly some singing.

Darwen End seemed quite lively from where I was sat although were rarely heard. Didn't hear the considerable amount of Hull fans once though

I moved from the BBE for this one..

And it was so much better. More singing, more banter, and being near John's friends/family was nice.

A fitting tribute to him with lots of chants for him, I brought a mini banner.

Couldn't hear the BBE. And I can't believe you barely heard us, we were the loudest section tonight by a mile.

Aye Darwen End were fantastic again tonight. Seriously thinking about moving over there next season.

Do it! I am after tonight, everything seemed close knit and it just seems amazing.

Thought it was perfect tonight with John sitting there, the wreath was a lovely touch.

I'm in JW upper and the numbers and atmosphere were both excellent in the Darwen End tonight - well done everyone.

BBE were quiet first half but noisier than normal second.Well done to them as well.

Really hope the Club can continue the Darwen End initiative next season and numbers in there can be consolidated. It makes a tremendous difference imo having the away fans stuck away up in the corner.

Fair play to the Darwen End - looked good in there tonight.

Problem with the BBE is that the 2 corner sections rarely seem to sing the same song at the same tim aand end up drowning each other out...and the DE will be singing something else! Some co-ordination is required!

sadly that will always be a problem, by the time a chant has caught on in the blackburn end its usually just about to end in the Darwen end and vice verca. and to be honest quite a few times tonight the DE was out of tune with itself (that made more sence in my head)

SG ill be back in the BBE now, though i doubt i will solve the problem of numb bums

Couldn't hear the BBE. And I can't believe you barely heard us, we were the loudest section tonight by a mile.

I often find that sitting in the end gives you an excellent idea of this kind of thing. :rolleyes:

Heard the Darren End a couple of times, and it actually got the BBE singing a bit as well (which is surely what this is about - getting the atmosphere back to the whole ground?)

The BBE was a bit odd last night, very quiet in the second half but quite loud in the second, I'll not pretend to understand!

having thawed out from last night, I have a few comments.

It seemed that there were more people joining the 'singing section' (the stewards were stopping people coming up to this area due to it being 'full') but there were less singing going on? anyone else notice this?

'Shoes off for the Daren End' and I looked around and there they were... shoes/trainers... haha... mad heads!

The stewarding and policing of the Darwen end is OTT and I for one find it extremely annoying that a large group of police/stewards stand and stare as if the home support was something akin to a mob which, after reading comments made by a police inspector, they probably think we are?

I hope the respect paid to John Taylor by all sides of Ewood is of some help and comfort to his family in the coming months.

and finally, a big thanks go to the input from the fans forum and the club for there policy which has seen the Darwen End home support swell with supporters that otherwise would not of attended... long may this continue.

Sat in the DE Lower last night for the first time in a while. I was very impressed! Great atmosphere.

Bit of an odd question but does anyone else find the seating at Ewood very uncomfortable? I'm six feet five and I literally have to push my legs 'in' to have them not crushed against the seat in front. When we look like scoring I always pull them back a little so I can jump up without skinning my legs.

Sat in the DE Lower last night for the first time in a while. I was very impressed! Great atmosphere.

Bit of an odd question but does anyone else find the seating at Ewood very uncomfortable? I'm six feet five and I literally have to push my legs 'in' to have them not crushed against the seat in front. When we look like scoring I always pull them back a little so I can jump up without skinning my legs.

Yeah. I find the same. I'm 6ft 3. I sit on the end of a row which helps...

It's the same at all the grounds with Villa being one of the worst...

Yeah. I find the same. I'm 6ft 3. I sit on the end of a row which helps...

It's the same at all the grounds with Villa being one of the worst...

I found Leeds to be the worst. Literally could not get my knees behind the seat. Had to stray into neighbour's territory either side! Thank God they got relegated!

Archived