BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is the BBE's fault that vocal support has dwindled. This has been the case since all seater grounds were introduced. In the days of terracing - those that wanted to sing would congregate in the same area - all seater stadiums put a stop to that. It is the main reason that away support is nearly always more vocal than a larger home support (at most grounds) . Giving people in the DE the opportunity to move seats - has allowed those that want to sing the opportunity to gather in the "singing area".

They should be applauded - up to now they have been 99% positive in their chants - trying to raise the team rather than knock it (which is what it should be about). I also think we are starting to see a positive knock on impact on other parts of the ground. The atmosphere over the last few matches has been the best for a long time.

Lets start seeing the positives - atmosphere improving, crowds improving, team improving, youngsters starting to come through. There are negatives - I don't agree with only one up front - but it is getting results.

Beleive me, there are a few bigger clubs than Rovers that would like to be in our shoes.

The BBE`s vocal support was quite good during the King Kenny days of the early-mid 90s. It has steadily dwindled since then.

I agree the unreserved seating in the Darwen End is great because like-minded fans can congregate together & create an atmosphere.....which is what is happening :tu:

The previously mentioned DE facebook group has nearly 250 members now & the group are actively encouraging 'positive support' for the team NOT whinging & booing everytime we lose the ball. Members are encouraged to bring a pal & spread the word.

I personally think the only way the BBE can once again become a vibrant, passionate & partizan home end it used to be, is to follow the DE & become unreserved seating......& we all know that aint gonna happen! :unsure: There`s too many "i`ve sat in this seat for X amount of years & i aint moving for no-one! :angry: " people in there. Can`t say i blame them either, but it`s not going to improve the BBE situation.

The Darwen End singing section may eventually prove a failure, but it`s a good atmosphere up in the top corner at the moment. Everybody stands, everybody sings, everybody claps & joins in. Every game seems to attract more like-minded people who want to enjoy watching & supporting Blackburn Rovers in this manner. We`re up in the corner & not affecting anybody elses view of the game & the players seem to appreciate our efforts. The close peroximity to the away fans is good for banter too.

Come & join us!! :rover:

• Backroom

Hope you're not implying that the people in the BBE aren't supporters azzy?

I think I will try it one game just to see what the buzz is about.

Out of interest if the success continues do you think Rovers will give our own fans that side of the Darwen End every game next season?

Hope you're not implying that the people in the BBE aren't supporters azzy?

I think I will try it one game just to see what the buzz is about.

Out of interest if the success continues do you think Rovers will give our own fans that side of the Darwen End every game next season?

Not atall, this is just a tag-line to emphasise that in the singing section we support our team and are not just spectators of the game ;)

Hopefully, in the future the club will become involved and may do as you say. That is if the numbers grow of course. Anyway, give it a try mate...

Bolton (H) £15.00 adults, concessions £5.00...

Let's get the Darwen End filled!

Come on everyone, If you haven't already got your tickets in the DE for the Hull and Bolton games then there is still plenty of time to do so. Lets improve on the numbers we have already.

Drag a mate or a family member along to the match and lets make some Noise!!

Blue Brigade - Supporters, Not Spectators

I can also only enourage and congratulate the Darwen End they have got better every single home game and long may it continue. I have had a season ticket in the Blackburn end for 3 years now and we really do have too many negative fans here who groan and start negative chants over next to nothing to be honest. Don't get me worng I know were not playing like Brazil but at start of season I think we would all of accepted exactly were are in the tbal eincluding that cracking semi final tie also.

It is refreshing when you here constant positive chants and could be good for competition I really hope this continues.

NIKO NIKO NIKO NIKO

I can also only enourage and congratulate the Darwen End they have got better every single home game and long may it continue. I have had a season ticket in the Blackburn end for 3 years now and we really do have too many negative fans here who groan and start negative chants over next to nothing to be honest. Don't get me worng I know were not playing like Brazil but at start of season I think we would all of accepted exactly were are in the tbal eincluding that cracking semi final tie also.

It is refreshing when you here constant positive chants and could be good for competition I really hope this continues.

NIKO NIKO NIKO NIKO

They are looking for it to grow, so if you fancy it change your seat for a game as I have for the Bolton game.

:brfc:

I Think quite a few people now want to part of the POSITIVE, chanting and it does look fun - If it keeps improving I think I know where my season ticket will be next season ;-)

I just wish we could really rally and have both sides (Well all 4) but shouting, chanting positive chants imagine being a player and getting booed etc We really need to be more positive and push on for this top 10 :)

SF171

just gone online to book tickets and there's none available for the bolton game :angry2:

Contact the ticket office and you will get one - for some reason they are not available on the online planner. I also have an issue with the front of the Riverside showing unavailable... bit of a joke system to be honest.

Contact the ticket office and you will get one - for some reason they are not available on the online planner. I also have an issue with the front of the Riverside showing unavailable... bit of a joke system to be honest.

thanks! :brfcsmilie:

I recieved a letter from the club today, basically promoting the Hull City game, the BIG3 & BIG2 offers. The letter contained a rather nice bit aimed at the Darwen Singing Section. Here`s a bit of what it said.....

Our home attendances this season have been fantastic & your great support has helped us to our best home record for years.

Our attempts to 'Take Back Ewood' only works if our fans respond & we are very pleased that the WEC Darwen End now hosts home fans- many of them making huge efforts to encourage the team & boost the atmosphere at Ewood. We want to help supporters build on this as much as possible

;) It certainly looks like the club approve of the new 'positive' support coming from the Darwen End. I tell you, it`s the future.....i`ve seen it! :rover:

COYB! :brfc:

I recieved a letter from the club today, basically promoting the Hull City game, the BIG3 & BIG2 offers. The letter contained a rather nice bit aimed at the Darwen Singing Section. Here`s a bit of what it said.....

Our home attendances this season have been fantastic & your great support has helped us to our best home record for years.

Our attempts to 'Take Back Ewood' only works if our fans respond & we are very pleased that the WEC Darwen End now hosts home fans- many of them making huge efforts to encourage the team & boost the atmosphere at Ewood. We want to help supporters build on this as much as possible

;) It certainly looks like the club approve of the new 'positive' support coming from the Darwen End. I tell you, it`s the future.....i`ve seen it! :rover:

COYB! :brfc:

I told you they were keen. One of the aims of selling unreserved seating in the DE was to get a singing section going. The club knew they would never be able to "impose" one themselves - it needed to come from the fans. It's working!

It will work, it is working, hopefully without unnecessary interference from jobsworth stewards...

I've noticed stewards go up to the singing corner a couple of times but they have never been made to sit... I think the club realise it would kill the atmosphere if they did, long may it continue.

I look forward to home games more these days, mainly due to the fact that if I want to sing, stand up and shout for 90 minutes I can do, without looking like a complete looney. When I used to sit in the JW upper, Christ you could hear Den and Warren chatting about last nights curry from 100 seats away!

Archived