BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

Speaking of the Darwen End...did anyone else see the two boys on the roof just before kick-off?? Appeared that they were drinking and just having a look at what was going on!

Weird...but I found it strangely amusing!

Yeah 1 appeared to have a baseball cap on and looked like a Scally, whilst drinking from a can....not convinced they should of been up there!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Went tonight and sat in the middle of the Darwen End as usual. The singing was the best I have heard all season and the lads completely outsung Brum. There must have been 40 to 50 chants and songs back to back they never stopped singing all throughout the game. It so reminded me of the old Blackburn End in the early eighties when we had crowds of 6000 and we were able to leave the Albion at Ewood at 14:55 and walk in the Blackburn End without having to queue. The players and the manager also acknowledged the support I noticed. New kid on the block now, barely heard the Blackburn End from over here I`m afraid.

Well done lads.

COYB

A large section of the Blackburn End are too busy booing, barracking and generally moaning to think about singing!

The atmosphere in there has got very negative this season. Fair enough, we should have s much better home record, shouldn't we?!

I couldn't agree more at least 60% of the BBE are too busy whingin, moaning or booing our players/manager to bother chanting and I am seriously conisdering moving me and 3 pals to the darwen wnd next season depending on what the scenario is with season tickets?

When will this get released?

Also a note on the Darwen end is that is 95% POSITIVE chanting and this encourages the players - deserved the great credit radio rovers gave them.

Did the 1000 free tickets get inviolved much across there - hopefully convert a few of them to Season ticket holders and that will have been masterstroke :)

Bring on the dingles....

Na the majority of the free tickets were seperated from the singing section as they were situated at the otherside of the barriers.

They joined in with the barmy army chants etc, think they should have been allowed to mix with the singing section so that they could join in with all the new songs and got a feel for the atmosphere.

I was in the Darwen End again last night - fantastic support from start to finish and I still have a banging head now! No booing, moaning, criticising etc just constantly behind the team and singing players & the managers name - fantastic.

My Brother and his mate had 2 of those free tickets and were refused to enter the same turnstile as us (normally they dont care which one you use in the Riverside). When we got in the concourse was sectioned off too so they had to resort to climbing over the fence in the middle of the seats to sit in the singing section with us - very strange indeed. They should get rid of the fence and put seats in it's place, it serves no purpose as when the stand is shared netting is placed across the seats anyway. It would also give the club an extra few quid when Utd and Lpool come to town.

3rd Pillar - Just visit the ticket office who will give you a paper ticket for the game(s) you want to transfer. It's quick and easy & sorted in less than a minute!

barely heard the Blackburn End from over here I`m afraid.

Not condemning anything as all for singing myself (didn't do much last night though) just pointing something as agree the BBE has gone downhill a little lately

Strangely enough , but from the BBE I wouldn't say it sounded like a constant noise from the Darwen End last night either - sporadic chants/sons and probably more than from the BBE but nothing along the lines of what is being mentioned on here.

Makes interesting reading in this respect as I think its been mentioned before re the accoustics around Ewood

Strangely enough , but from the BBE I wouldn't say it sounded like a constant noise from the Darwen End last night either - sporadic chants/sons and probably more than from the BBE but nothing along the lines of what is being mentioned on here.

2nd half they werent bad, but 1st half I hardly heard them and the Bburn end seemed to make more noise - strange how it sounds louder if your sat amongst it..

I too think the Blackburn End needs to get rid of the moaners, its pathetic....send them over to the riverside! There was abit of head tennis at one point last night and then all of a sudden parts of N01 started booing because of it, despite the fact we were winning & it was Brum who seemed to be content playing it in the air....Pathetic!

Full credit to the Darwen End fans, looked rocking in there last night

Totally agree with the other posters that the BBE has too many moaners its annoying and they sound like they haven't got a brain half the time.

2nd half they werent bad, but 1st half I hardly heard them and the Bburn end seemed to make more noise - strange how it sounds louder if your sat amongst it..

I too think the Blackburn End needs to get rid of the moaners, its pathetic....send them over to the riverside! There was abit of head tennis at one point last night and then all of a sudden parts of N01 started booing because of it, despite the fact we were winning & it was Brum who seemed to be content playing it in the air....Pathetic!

Which parts of No1? I didnt hear any boos at all last night.

Which parts of No1? I didnt hear any boos at all last night.

Only boo's I heard were from me and my mates boo'ing our mate walking up the steps towards us mid way through the 2nd half. A few clowns looked round at us like we were aiming it at the team.

No thanks! There's enough in there already!

Having been in the Darwen End and hearing it and the BBE from my seat in the middle of the Riverside I would say it's getting better all the time and the BBE end going down hill (prob due to the fact more of the vocal BBE folks are moving across). The booing from the BBE and Riverside against Chelsea was disgusting, you don't hear any of that crap in the Darwen End, it's nothing but encouragement which is good to see. Almost every player got a chant last night plus Big Sam. :brfc:

Maybe the DE'ers Slogan should be changed to something like "Supporters, not spectating moaners".

Move for the next game Hughesy, you'll love it - you know you want to really! ;)

The club should bite the bullet and also make the Blackburn End unreserved seating from next season, that way it might be able to regain some of its former glory.

The BRFC Darwen Enders are certainly making a good effort.

No chance - I ain't giving up my seat.

• Backroom

I agree with the first part you can barely hear them from the bbe at most times but it seemed better yesterday.

Then again all I heard for a good ten minutes of the second half was stu's:

OH WHEN THE BLUES

:P

Archived