BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

What was it like in the lower tier today?

Did Bolton manage to sell their 3k allocation in the end?

Fantastic - I was in there for the first time today and have come home with sore hands and no voice!

Had a glance up at the Notlob fans when walking up to my seat and they had about two-thirds of the stand so around 2k of them (max) by the looks of it.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted we couldn`t make the game today, but a prior engagement meant we couldn`t go :(

Watched it on telly though.

On tv, you could hear the Darwen End singing for the entire game. You did the club proud today! :tu:

Also the 'Blue Brigade' banner was shown after the first goal.

Bolton fans were pitiful. Only 2k for a relegation 6 pointer!! :huh: they deserve to go down with the dingles after a showing like that. Hardly heard them either. Enjoyed the Coyle baiting. It came across good & loud :lol:

Cannot say i heard much of the BBE until the 2nd goal went in.

It was also shocking to see the Riverside almost empty before the final whistle. Sunday dinner must`ve been ready or something.

went in the darwen end lower for second time, is a great buzzing place to be....

However the amount of police WTF... Also they are filming you, what's all

that about.

They need to stop treating them like away fans. It was intimidating !!

went in the darwen end lower for second time, is a great buzzing place to be....

However the amount of police WTF... Also they are filming you, what's all

that about.

They need to stop treating them like away fans. It was intimidating !!

I couldn't get to the game today but having been there on 3 seperate occasions now, I couldn't agree more.

why have police stood there , looking, filming, leering?

sad thing is that just by posting comments like these a person gets recorded.

I was able to watch the game on tv and felt proud to hear the darwen end singing all game through...

the riverside is such an annoyance :( but so that goes

a note on the viedo 'jump around' I posted... it's original... it isn't an acknowledgement of the 'rowdy' sect as has been highlighted with eastern european bouncers and, after seeing how espn held the team up in the tunnel whilst some woman made an inane announcement with hong kong fouy, is totally employable.

Maybe a few email requests to Gerald (or who-ever`s in charge), asking them to play the 'jump around' song over the PA system just before the teams come out? :huh:

It`d be interesting to see jusy how many join in :rover: lol.

That & the video streamed on the screen so we get the idea? Il email it in and see what they say....

That & the video streamed on the screen so we get the idea? Il email it in and see what they say....

LOL yeah gud idea..........

Dear uncle Gerald,

please may you please play house of pain's "jump" at the start of every football match at the Ewood Parks. I fink dat it wud be a wel gud idea cos sumbody on dis roverz forum i visit posted a video and said dat they do it in the americas with 70,000 p1ssed up teenage students and i wud like to see if 3000 lads in da darwen end can replicate da same kind of atmosphere dat is represented in this video. I am absolutlely positive it can be done cos i think its a wikid idea and if i think so den every other roverz fan is bound to think so to.

Luv Hughesy xxxx

There, I did it for you. Jesus Christ you don't half spout some @#/?. If you ever, EVER get near to a job doing the Rovers pre match "entertainment" then I think that would possibly be the only time I would seriously think about giving up on the Rovers.

Hughesy - not sure our lot would go for it.....however i am all up for a more POSITIVE atmosphere at Ewood and would be well up for it ! We could even change a few of the verse's to Roverise them... ....... Imagine playing it before the Burnley game when the place was buzzing then it would be outstanding - plus it would really wind the clarrots up too ! Go for it.............

LOL yeah gud idea..........

Dear uncle Gerald,

please may you please play house of pain's "jump" at the start of every football match at the Ewood Parks. I fink dat it wud be a wel gud idea cos sumbody on dis roverz forum i visit posted a video and said dat they do it in the americas with 70,000 p1ssed up teenage students and i wud like to see if 3000 lads in da darwen end can replicate da same kind of atmosphere dat is represented in this video. I am absolutlely positive it can be done cos i think its a wikid idea and if i think so den every other roverz fan is bound to think so to.

Luv Hughesy xxxx

There, I did it for you. Jesus Christ you don't half spout some @#/?. If you ever, EVER get near to a job doing the Rovers pre match "entertainment" then I think that would possibly be the only time I would seriously think about giving up on the Rovers.

Kei.... you either dont know our club or its the time of the month for you :blush: .

Our club tends to listen to the fans....remember the seven song or whatever its called, guess where that was posted 1st?! See the merchandise thread, guess where they got several of the club shop ideas from!?

'Diz Roverz forum'

I'd be well up for that song to be played at games. I don't think I've felt a better atmosphere at Ewood than after the win over Burnley. me and a few mates singing 'Tonight's gunna be a good night....' down the Bolton Road after going mental with it in the stadium. As someone said above, I'd be up for anything that would improve the atmosphere at Ewood!

Btw, if the Darwen End initiative carries on next season, we have a new recruit in yours truly.

If the Darwen End initiative continues next season they need to find a way to stop families taking their kids getting coined from above as happened yesterday.

I trust this has been reported to John Newsham? At least it might get a little more concentration on the away fans rather than targeting our own.

If the Darwen End initiative continues next season they need to find a way to stop families taking their kids getting coined from above as happened yesterday.

Does anyone think it would be worth splitting the Darwen End different next season?

Down the middle, 4000 tickets each and then that way it should also stop coins reigning down from above. Also it would allow us to maximise income from some of the bigger clubs with reduced allocations such as Tottenham, Arsenal & Chelsea...

The point of the Darwen End initiative was to get Rovers fans behnd the goal and shove the away fans into the upper tier.

I agree, but I think if it was split 50/50 it may help boost the atmosphere & banter....cant deny its been pretty quiet at times this season!

Speaking of the Darwen End...did anyone else see the two boys on the roof just before kick-off?? Appeared that they were drinking and just having a look at what was going on!

Weird...but I found it strangely amusing!

Speaking of the Darwen End...did anyone else see the two boys on the roof just before kick-off?? Appeared that they were drinking and just having a look at what was going on!

Weird...but I found it strangely amusing!

I did too and automatically looked up to see if I could see anyone overhead in the BBE. There was also someone up there. I thought they were there to look at the two cameras that sit at either end of the ground for ESPN...

Archived