BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

True, we've been discussing this on the website etc... as i said, the club will hopefully support it and make a section of the Darwen end available to us for the 4 excluded games. Someone also came up with everyone getting tickets in the Jack walker lower for the united game and testing that out...just ideas :tu:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been hugely unimpressed with the Blackburn End this season. There are too many stand-ups who just do that, stand up. They don't sing, they don't support and they don't do anything positive. They've only really supported the team and the manager on the odd occasion. We need the third man more than ever and the Blackburn End isn't it at the moment. Having said that, I'm not likely to be moving any time soon.

I'm tempted in making the move next season with my two mates - one of us sits in the BBE, one in the Walker Steel and one in the Jack Walker. The atmosphere is dire in said stands which detracts from the game. I'll have a word and see what they say.

For those saying the Darwen End lot were quieter than last game - no they weren't. Did the club proud with their vocal support.

We know all this, the singing section is in its infancy and is obviously growing. I appreciate that their is still a hell of a lot of work to do but it can be done. Its as though you don't want it to succeed.

This has been asked before about a singing section at the official fans forum. the club decided to give us this unreserved seating area in the Darwen End instead. The club will be contacted in the near future when the singing section grows and hopefully they may support it as you say.

One of the reasons for the unreserved seating section was to allow a singing section to develop - people who wanted to sing could get together in one place. It couldn't be done in another stand because it would have meant moving too many season ticket holders. The club will be delighted if there is enough demand so that we don't have to give the whole Darwen End stand to teams like United and Liverpool next season but there will need to be a lot of new Darwen End ST sales i.e. not just transfers from the other stands.

• Backroom

I'm tempted to try it for a game just to see for myself as from where I am I can't see any of this bouncing at all but did hear a song or two.

Is there a chav culture in there as at some away games or is it a decent bunch?

I know some lads from Rishton who are decent enough lads have moved there from the back row of N01 I think.

I've been hugely unimpressed with the Blackburn End this season. There are too many stand-ups who just do that, stand up. They don't sing, they don't support and they don't do anything positive. They've only really supported the team and the manager on the odd occasion. We need the third man more than ever and the Blackburn End isn't it at the moment. Having said that, I'm not likely to be moving any time soon.

Resident of the BBE for over 20 years......

Its the worst its been for many a year pal,too many folk who have no intention of singing for the team in the wrong place.....far too many moaning sods.

The Darwen Enders were very vocal once more.

Hardly heard the Darwen End last night....there was more of you, but less noise than the Fulham game....

Also noticed quite a few sat down in that top area...Thought you wanted to stand & sing?

Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me Hughesy! :lol: The mighty BBE outsung by a couple of hundred in the DE. We even laid off you guys last night, cos we heard rumours you didn`t like songs being directed at you :lol:

I`m sure the other parts of the ground heard us. Sam certainly heard our vocal 'support' & gave us a couple of waves when asked, & Robbo seemed to appreciate our efforts. He clapped & gave us the thumbs up several times.

99% of the songs sung in the DE were positive & supportive of the team. One of the only times the BBE was heard was when they sang "We`re supposed to be at home". You should try getting behind the lads instead of sulking for 90mins.

TCO....."I'm tempted to try it for a game just to see for myself as from where I am I can't see any of this bouncing at all but did hear a song or two.

Is there a chav culture in there as at some away games or is it a decent bunch?

I know some lads from Rishton who are decent enough lads have moved there from the back row of N01 I think.

All i can say is 'come & give it a go' ;)

3 of us love it up in the top corner with the singing section. It makes some of the boring games more bearable when you`re singing, bouncing & twirling your scarves about. It`s got a real 'away-day' feel to it.

I wouldn`t say it`s got a chav culture, but it isn`t timid & stale either. There`s a young element up there, but they tollerate oldies like myself! lol. The stewards keep popping up & down telling people off, but they`re just 'sh1tting on their own fans'....as usual. They did nothing when Sunderland fans were throwing stuff the other week, but "meh!" in general the atmosphere in the Darwen End is great. Give it a try! :rover:

I`d say, if you`re gonna try it in the DE, the Notlob game would be a brilliant choice of match :tu:

Resident of the BBE for over 20 years......

Its the worst its been for many a year pal,too many folk who have no intention of singing for the team in the wrong place.....far too many moaning sods.

The Darwen Enders were very vocal once more.

When I made the same comment about 3 months ago I was told to go away and Shut up!!!

The BB end is about as poor as I can remember, Go way further back than 20 years as well..........

Time to realise we are looking like a team again heading for the top half of the Richest, Best, and most want to be in league in the world

Sing at the top of our voices and enjoy!!!!!!!

It seems people sit in the BBE because traditionally it's the best for atmosphere but many of these people are not willing to contribute to it.

The DE backing seems to be growing slowly and as already mentioned, 2 of us are going to re-locate from the Riverside for the Bolton game.

:brfc:

just want to say a thank you to the club for it's pricing policy in regards to the darwen end. I traveled up with my son and nephew (200 mile round trip) but without the ticket price being so low I would not of been able to afford the trip.

Looking forward to the Hull game now!

Arte et Labore

A mate at work bought the 'Big 2' tickets for the Darwen End the other evening. He entered via the Jack Walker side of the Darwen End and was under the impression that he couldn't move to the Riverside End of the stand to sit with the singers because the segregation barriers were in place. Is this true ... or can you move freely between the two sides of the stand?

A mate at work bought the 'Big 2' tickets for the Darwen End the other evening. He entered via the Jack Walker side of the Darwen End and was under the impression that he couldn't move to the Riverside End of the stand to sit with the singers because the segregation barriers were in place. Is this true ... or can you move freely between the two sides of the stand?

when you enter on the concourse just walk down to the riverside side of the darwen end as you are allowed to sit where you want,well that will be one more for the hull game. COYB

So the BBE is poor this season.....collect the names of everyone who wanted to get rid of the Drummer(minus those who have moved to DE)

These negative people must be outed. The Riverside is noisier.

The Drummer is still there on matchdays.

Ahh I see what you are getting at!

It seems people sit in the BBE because traditionally it's the best for atmosphere but many of these people are not willing to contribute to it.

I agree with this Ben-2000 too many people in the BBE Lower unwilling to take part in actually creating a positive atmosphere and only raise there voices if the is something to whine about!

People sit in the Blackburn End because its our main end - where you find most of the banter (usually) and its the most recognisable end like The Kop is for Liverpool!

It 'was' our main end Hughesy ;) There`s very little support or banter coming from the BBE these days. Too many people been sitting next to each other for too long. It`s gone stale :( People don`t want to be 'bothered' with singing or even clapping along.....it`s too much like effort & there`s too many grumpy old f4rts who scowl & gurn at the people who do sing & chant. Comparisons to the kop?.....you`re having a giraffe!!! :lol:

Move to the Darwen End for 1 game.....it`s the future! :tu:

Massive respect to the Darwen End! Could hear you all game. I was sat on row 20 in the BBE and the atmosphere was catastrophic. The only time a song broke through the usual annoying chit chatter and groaning was when we were giving the ref or Big Sam stick. That's not support! At one point even the Riverside were louder.

I know this is slightly 'un-pc' but there's too many demographics in the BBE who will have no intention of singing e.g. most women, children, and OAPs. It's got worseevery season for about the past 5 years. The Blackburn end in years gone by was the place where all the singers sat/stood but now it seems that anyone goes in there.

I was sitting next to a family who spent the full 90 minutes having a conversation, granted some was about Rovers. :angry:

where im sat in the BBE im surrounded by people of the older generation (no2 row 30) who complain when i stand up to go for a p!ss, never mind when i join in with any chants/songs. decided to bite the bullet for wigan and hull and moved to the DE. it was great in wednesday, a mixture of old and new chants, most pro rovers but there was a couple (though not many) anti dingles chants and im glad i did, for the first time since the Dingle game i walked away unable to talk.

I wouldn`t say it`s got a chav culture, but it isn`t timid & stale either. There`s a young element up there, but they tollerate oldies like myself! lol. The stewards keep popping up & down telling people off, but they`re just 'sh1tting on their own fans'....as usual. They did nothing when Sunderland fans were throwing stuff the other week, but "meh!" in general the atmosphere in the Darwen End is great. Give it a try! :rover:

I`d say, if you`re gonna try it in the DE, the Notlob game would be a brilliant choice of match :tu:

get there early enough, sit up top and the away fans can't throw anything at you! ('cept a boomerang maybe!)

Archived