BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Atmosphere At Ewood - Darwen End Lower

Special atmosphere last night I felt - and mainly due to an upcoming match in the furthest reaches of DingleDome ?

Must admit - as much as I want to win on Sunday - it will be sad to no longer have our one true local derby. The matches against Bolton now seem pale by comparison.

Huge effort by the DE choir again. Biggest complement - they sound like the away support usually sounds. Ewood is really rocking these days - and the atmosphere even helps overcome average performances like last night. Lets hope the club are brave and continue with their aggressive pricing polciy for ST's next season.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What should happen is happening. Like minded lads (mainly but not necessarily) migrating to one part of the ground and as each home game goes by, it grows.

I was at Grasshoppers last night and the singers are housed in a couple of blocks behind one of the goals. I would say there are about 1500 singers in unreserved seating and it is loud, very loud. They stand for the whole game. The rest of the Grasshoppers' support is spread out along both sides of the ground, well away from the singers.

Hopefully, in time, Ewood will have 2500 singers housed in the Darwen End lower, Riverside side or even more if it can spread to the Jack Walker side. Unreserved seating is the key.

I couldn't agree more at least 60% of the BBE are too busy whingin, moaning or booing our players/manager to bother chanting and I am seriously conisdering moving me and 3 pals to the darwen wnd next season depending on what the scenario is with season tickets?

When will this get released?

Also a note on the Darwen end is that is 95% POSITIVE chanting and this encourages the players - deserved the great credit radio rovers gave them.

Did the 1000 free tickets get inviolved much across there - hopefully convert a few of them to Season ticket holders and that will have been masterstroke :)

Bring on the dingles....

On the subject of the free tickets. A lot of Asian folk had aqquired them which I think is what the

club was aiming for which is fantastic, even quite a few Asian women :o.

Hopefully the positive atmosphere in the DE will persuade these people to return.

I am moving to the DE from the BBE next season, much better atmosphere no moaning.

I can't believe the difference, ANd I've never left the bbe for a league fame before .

we (Blue Briagade) are going to be meeting with the club soon, hopefully some positive things will arise and it will make it easier for more people to join the numbers, fantastic support from the DE again, think we are gaining the recognition we deserve and nobody can deny the improvement in atmosphere so far has been drastic not only in the singing section but I think it has influenced other parts of the ground and the players. Keep joining the numbers even just to try it out for a game, you wont be disapointed.

pick of the bunch of songs at Brum game to get going at T'turd

where having a party when Burnley go down

Sambas Invincible, sambas invincible

Samba wooooaaaa sambo wooooaaaa hes built just like a shed hes feet hag out the bed

I am torn between moving over to the Darwen End and staying put in the BBE. The thing is in my eyes the seats are and have been pretty much perfect in the 3 and 1/2 seasons that I have had them (up the back of N01) and we still have a good shout and support the team and the people around me are a good bunch! The atmosphere in general has deteriorated recently though and a growing number seem to go to have a whinge and a moan, not get behind the team. I have spoken with the sister as she is in the seat next to me but she isn't too keen to change.

Anyway keep up the good work and hopefully the numbers continue to swell for the remainder of the season!

Darwen End Blue's Brigade - Pure Posititvity :brfcsmilie:

I am torn between moving over to the Darwen End and staying put in the BBE. The thing is in my eyes the seats are and have been pretty much perfect in the 3 and 1/2 seasons that I have had them (up the back of N01) and we still have a good shout and support the team and the people around me are a good bunch! The atmosphere in general has deteriorated recently though and a growing number seem to go to have a whinge and a moan, not get behind the team.

I agree - im not going to move either...I think we will regain the old bburn end eventually - most of the moaners will probably jump ship to the darwen end and it shouldnt take too long to get all the noisy ones in the bburn end.

Id rather have a gauranteed seat and id rather not have to move for 3 or 4 teams a season either!!

Why dont you just transfer to the DE for the individual games you want to hughesy if your not prepared to swap your season ticket...?

It doesn't cost anything, there is guaranteed seats (you can even take your pick with the unreserved seating)and the atmosphere is a lot better.

I think it's more a case of the people who don't like all the moaning will move over to the Darwen End... which is what is happening already.

I'm sure numbers in the DE will continue to grow, let's hope so.

I'd forgotten what it was like to sing non-stop for 90mins - I think many others are the same until they give the DE a try!

Why dont you just transfer to the DE for the individual games you want to hughesy if your not prepared to swap your season ticket...?

It doesn't cost anything, there is guaranteed seats (you can even take your pick with the unreserved seating)and the atmosphere is a lot better.

They only let you transfer your seat for three or four games a season.

If Rovers decide to guarantee 19 games in the darwen end for us fans, then I will seriously consider it. It may well be worth someone bringing it up at the next fans forum meeting. I guess that there are now about 1600 season ticket holders in the DE and if this was grown to 2500 then cannot see why it can not be a permanent fixture for all games.

No chance - I ain't giving up my seat.

Not being funny, but that`s exactly why it`s going wrong in the BBE. Too many people have had the same seat for years & they all know who`s sat around them & it`s gone a bit stale. It will eventually end up like the two old guys on the balcony in the muppet show!!! Lots of mumbling, groaning & not much support. I know most if not all BBEers would object to unreserved seating & i don`t blame you. But as the years go on, it`s getting more & more stagnant.

This season the Darwen End has been so refreshing! It`s re-kindled my dwindling love of going to the match. On match day, three of us get down to Ewood probably a half hour than we used to. This is because we want to get good seats up in the top corner where all the singing & banter is. It`s brought back an excitement of going to the game. I actually b0ll0cked my missus for coming home late (thus making me late) at the Hull game :blink: cos our seats weren`t as good.

The Darwen End has grown from 30-50 lads at the start of the season to a couple of hundred like-minded individuals who want to sing, chant, bounce, twirl scarves & SUPPORT the team in a really positive way. There`s next to no critism of players, just singing their names & getting behind them. As soon as Chelsea scored last week, we were chanting even before the game kicked off again.

The players really appreciate the efforts of the Darwen End. They`re always giving us the thumbs up :tu: & clapping us during games. I bet the BBE doesn`t get that :unsure:

Unreserved seating in the Darwen End is THE best thing to happen to Ewood park for years. The spark is back (in that part of the ground anyway). It gets the punters in the ground early & allows like-minded people to congregate......thus allowing them to support the team & enjoy the game in a vocal boisterous manner.

I`d totally recommend moving to the DE to anyone who wants to sing & bounce & get behind the team next season.

COYB!!! :rover:

Not being funny, but that`s exactly why it`s going wrong in the BBE. Too many people have had the same seat for years & they all know who`s sat around them & it`s gone a bit stale. It will eventually end up like the two old guys on the balcony in the muppet show!!! Lots of mumbling, groaning & not much support. I know most if not all BBEers would object to unreserved seating & i don`t blame you. But as the years go on, it`s getting more & more stagnant.

This season the Darwen End has been so refreshing! It`s re-kindled my dwindling love of going to the match. On match day, three of us get down to Ewood probably a half hour than we used to. This is because we want to get good seats up in the top corner where all the singing & banter is. It`s brought back an excitement of going to the game. I actually b0ll0cked my missus for coming home late (thus making me late) at the Hull game :blink: cos our seats weren`t as good.

The Darwen End has grown from 30-50 lads at the start of the season to a couple of hundred like-minded individuals who want to sing, chant, bounce, twirl scarves & SUPPORT the team in a really positive way. There`s next to no critism of players, just singing their names & getting behind them. As soon as Chelsea scored last week, we were chanting even before the game kicked off again.

The players really appreciate the efforts of the Darwen End. They`re always giving us the thumbs up :tu: & clapping us during games. I bet the BBE doesn`t get that :unsure:

Unreserved seating in the Darwen End is THE best thing to happen to Ewood park for years. The spark is back (in that part of the ground anyway). It gets the punters in the ground early & allows like-minded people to congregate......thus allowing them to support the team & enjoy the game in a vocal boisterous manner.

I`d totally recommend moving to the DE to anyone who wants to sing & bounce & get behind the team next season.

COYB!!! :rover:

Think I will be moving next year after the fantastic visits for the Hull and Birmingham games. Brilliant, like an away game!

Think I will be moving next year after the fantastic visits for the Hull and Birmingham games. Brilliant, like an away game!

You hit the nail on the head there! :tu: It`s got that 'away day' feel to it ;)

You hit the nail on the head there! :tu: It`s got that 'away day' feel to it ;)

I love standing and singing, and doing so where I am not impairing the enjoyment for someone else. For that reason, I love the Darwen End. :brfc::rover:

£150 for 16 home games (under £9.50 a game for adults & £3.12 for under 15s) in the Darwen End next season!! :tu:

That`s an absolute bl00dy bargain!!! That must be the cheapest in all four leagues!!

Let`s hope the singing section carries on getting bigger & bigger. 3 of us are re-newing ;)

COYB!!!! :rover:

£150 for 16 home games (under £9.50 a game for adults & £3.12 for under 15s) in the Darwen End next season!! :tu:

That`s an absolute bl00dy bargain!!! That must be the cheapest in all four leagues!!

Let`s hope the singing section carries on getting bigger & bigger. 3 of us are re-newing ;)

COYB!!!! :rover:

Here Here Cletus.... another 3 more season tickets from us for the Blues Brigade

UNCLE JACKS ....

• 3 weeks later...

Moving to the Darwen End for the last home game of the season VS Arsenal. Bringing my little nephew with me. Let's see what the fuss is all about ^_^

Where you moving from? :huh:

I agree about atmosphere - though I don't think we have had such an arrogant bunch of away supporters as Everton.

Cannot remember the last time an away team brought 4000+ fans who sat on their hands for the majority of the game. When they sang, they were obviously loud.....but they never sang much! :unsure: Shockingly p1ss-poor 'vocal' support from the bin-dippers.

Classic chants from the DE lads yesterday....:tu:

Archived