BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised that Souness or George Burley haven't been mentioned, either would do a job for Notlob.

I'd sooner see them at Jackburn with Sam back at the Reebok. :rolleyes:

Zulu, I work in Bolton and alot of Bolton fans rave about BS. What is your view on his entertainment value?

You guys had some very good ball players (Okacha etc) so am assuming he did play some good football??

There's no in between with Allardyce. You either love him or you hate him. (Witness the differing opinions on this site!)

Me? I thought he did a fantastic job at Bolton (for that is how it is spelt ;) ) for over seven years. He brought us up from the Championship and kept us in the Premier League as an established side. He then went past his sell-by date at a club as most managers do. Subsequently he failed at Sid James Park - and who would succeed there? Since he joined you he kept you in the PL and, it appears to me, he is doing a good job for you now with limited resources. That's what he does - well.

The long-ball, in-your-face stuff is all tosh promoted by the media. He did bring some beautiful footballers to the Reebok (Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo etc) These players would be still be being lauded as " exquisite sublime footballers" if they had worn West Ham or Spurs shirts. That's how it works.

But make no mistake, with Allardyce you win first and entertain second. I've got no problems at all with that.

Thanks Zulu - Iv no problems with that either.

Im sure WHEN we start winning more games, some of the doubters will soon quieten down.

I work with loads of Bolton fans and they would all love to have Sam back.

No problem. Mind you, after two years of the Ginger Mourinho, we would probably welcome Adolf Hitler with open arms! :D

He brought us up from the Championship and kept us in the Premier League as an established side. He then went past his sell-by date at a club as most managers do.

Well...he took you into Europe again when he left so not sure how he was past his sell-by date. Sure he may have had an aged squad but he might well have spent the Anelka money far better than Megson.

Well...he took you into Europe again when he left so not sure how he was past his sell-by date. Sure he may have had an aged squad but he might well have spent the Anelka money far better than Megson.

That wasn't a criticism of Allardyce. He wanted bigger things and thought he deserved it. Nothing wrong with that. His turning point at Bolton was when he lost out on the England job to the Wally with the Brolly. Freddie Shepherd and his cronies had been shamelessly tapping him up to go to Newcastle for over two years and, frankly, they got him on the rebound in my view. (I'd like to see you, or us, get away with tapping somebody up in that manner by the way.) Bolton's "lack of ambition" was always a smokescreen.

He would, undoubtedly, have spent the Anelka money far better than Megson.

Coyle has ruled himself out.......1 less on the list!

From the snippet I read he just stated that it would be a fantastic job but he has his attention on the next game ahead. That sounds a bit of a middle of the road comment to me.

I have got £5 on him at 16/1 so I am hoping he is after the job.

From the snippet I read he just stated that it would be a fantastic job but he has his attention on the next game ahead. That sounds a bit of a middle of the road comment to me.

I have got £5 on him at 16/1 so I am hoping he is after the job.

It would be strange if he took it after saying this........

But the 43-year-old insisted he was happy at Burnley, with whom he signed a three-year contract when he took over in November 2007 with the club mid-table in the Championship.

"I feel very privileged to be manager of a wonderful football club," he said.

"I think the players enjoy working for me, the fans like coming and we are trying to build something here."

I'm surprised that Souness or George Burley haven't been mentioned, either would do a job for Notlob.

Souness would find some flaky Carlos Kickaball pay 10m for him (some of which would go to the players club, player and agent with the majority going into some foreign bank account <_< ) and before long Notlob would be following Pompey off the end of the plank.

Souness said awhile ag he does not want to manage a football club again, becaus etoday's players are too pampered etc.

Archived