BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

1732: The plot thickens. Burnley boss Owen Coyle - heavily linked with the vacant Bolton job - did not appear for their post-match news conference after the 2-1 win at MK Dons. Burnley officials insisted that Coyle had to leave to catch a scheduled flight at Luton airport to see his family in Scotland. Hmm.

BBC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichever way it goes, I don't want ANY of the Lancashire clubs to get relegated.

The more local derbys and the bigger gates the better.

A good relegation for me this season would be Pompey(unfortunately), bubble-blowing West Ham and any other southern or midlands club (looking like Wolves at the moment).

I'd like to see Hull C stay up but it seems unlikely.

• Backroom

The next couple of days will be telling, surely Coyle will have to come out and dismiss the rumours as they are gaining speed.

Edit: apparently Bolton will offer £4m for him, would be good for Burnley in january

What quality manager is available and going to want to go to a club where the max wage is 14k?

If Coyle does go to Bolton, it would not surprise me if Burnley came in for Sam - because of their limited resources.

Come on Nicko speed this up. I want to claim my £80 ;)

I think his wink speaks volumes ;)

While your here Nicko any truth in the rumours (yet again) that finally Mr Hemmings is gonna pump his millions in to North End. They seem to be getting quite excited over there at the prospect.

Glad your all having a good time at our expense. ;)

Big gamble for Owen IMO. If he'd taken us down his reputation would have been slightly tarnished, but he could have pointed (as he does do often) our lack of resources. If he takes Bolton and their apparently bigger resources down, it'll look worse. He'll also have this unsavoury affair on his CV too.

I won't pretend I'm not disappointed, but these things happen all the time in football. It could well spell the end of any hope we had of survival, but then again, we haven't won in the league since October anyway, so who knows. Haven't got a clue who I want next.

I wonder what kind of reception/welcome Nicko will get at the Turd the next time he takes his seat in the press box to cover a game ??? :lol:

Not sure, but expect a few Bowton fans on here over the next month looking for the latest from our resident journo.

Will your love of everything dingle fade away now nicko? :P

I'm a Coyle man, as you know.

But no matter what happens I hope both Burnley and Rovers stay in the Premier League.

I wonder what kind of reception/welcome Nicko will get at the Turd the next time he takes his seat in the press box to cover a game ??? :lol:

I don't remember getting garlands and standing ovations when I found him...

I'm a Coyle man, as you know.

But no matter what happens I hope both Burnley and Rovers stay in the Premier League.

So do I as its the only bloody game I've enjoyed this season apart from the last 50 mins at Bolton

Archived