BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

You're being very tactful, Mr. Nixon. I suspect it's very nearly sewn up given your solemnity towards our 6 fingered friends.

Hope Owen gets you a few top shelf labels in - and I don't mean Razzle!

Now, your next job is to get the scoop on Owen's replacement. Please, please let it be Paul Ince.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently I am Coyley's bitch...or his agent...or his press partner in crime.

Hmm.

Must be something in this story after all. ;)

With respect you can't really complain about the Burnley fans being unhappy about your role in this.

When your initial story ran in the Mirror before Bolton had made any sort of official approach I got the impression you were either running the story on Coyle's behalf to flag up his potential interest to Bolton or vice versa.

I note the Burnley fan stated that Flood said in his book you also put Coyle's name forward to Burnley before he was appointed there.

That aside it's quite funny how Coyle has obviously instantly gone from hero to t**t in the eyes of the Burnley fans posting on there. If Bolton and OC can't agree terms or the deal falls through for any other reason he'll instantly revert back to hero again.

Fickle doesn't even begin to describe the football fan.

With respect you can't really complain about the Burnley fans being unhappy about your role in this.

When your initial story ran in the Mirror before Bolton had made any sort of official approach I got the impression you were either running the story on Coyle's behalf to flag up his potential interest to Bolton or vice versa.

I note the Burnley fan stated that Flood said in his book you also put Coyle's name forward to Burnley before he was appointed there.

That aside it's quite funny how Coyle has obviously instantly gone from hero to t**t in the eyes of the Burnley fans posting on there. If Bolton and OC can't agree terms or the deal falls through for any other reason he'll instantly revert back to hero again.

Bolton made their approach on Friday.

I wrote the story on Friday.

Can't remember getting a story right being a crime.

And, yes, Coyley to Burnley was my idea.

Still waiting on the Town Hall clock for that one.

• Backroom

I think Bolton will stay up now, massive massive decision to be made on his replacement if he does go. With a huge game for them on Saturday it will be interesting but a couple of bad results they could be in the brown stuff and a less appealing prospect so they may wish to get someone in before then.

I think you'll find Revidge that he's gone from ' God to t**t ' :lol: ha ha ha

All we need now is Peter Reid to get the Turd post & its mission completed :lol:

Didn't he come close to landing it last time Nicko ???

Well higher than Gartside. ;)

Its retail financial products are middling to poor. Even at the reduced price they floated at I think they might be over-priced but the bet is they will be bought which limits the downside and gives a sniff of upside. The IPO was supposed to be the magic bullet that got rid of their debts but they are still carrying £300m to £400m debt. Smart management would have got the IPO away quicker at a slightly lower price than the £1.5bn target in 2007.

Like other financial houses and Premier League clubs, they pay their players way too much for what they actually do.

My impression was formed by your initial Mirror story published on the internet at 10.30p.m. on Friday night which stated "Burnley have yet to be approached by Bolton"

That was a paragraph stuck in the story by the sports desk - from the poorly-informed Press Association.

All we need now is Peter Reid to get the Turd post & its mission completed :lol:

Didn't he come close to landing it last time Nicko ???

If you read Brendan Flood's frank book you will find out why Peter Reid didn't get the job.

Very funny, very accurate.

That was a paragraph stuck in the story by the sports desk - from the poorly-informed Press Association.

Are they allowed to put stuff in your stories without your approval?

Surely that unfairly opens you up to the risk of litigation should it be incorrect?

Are they allowed to put stuff in your stories without your approval?

Surely that unfairly opens you up to the risk of litigation should it be incorrect?

Newspapers do it all of the time.

Goes with the territory.

Trying hard to find out what the libel is in 'no direct approach.'

If you read Brendan Flood's frank book you will find out why Peter Reid didn't get the job.

Very funny, very accurate.

Sorry Nicko, never read it, probably never will.

Does it goes against him for his chances of getting it this time ??

Thats if there is a vacancy !!!!!!

Trying hard to find out what the libel is in 'no direct approach.'

Not that particular insertion obviously but in general it could cause problems.

And in this case, you are now saying it is incorrect, which whilst not libellous it makes it look as though you played a more significant role in events than possibly was the case.

Does it goes against him for his chances of getting it this time ??

Thats if there is a vacancy !!!!!!

I would think it harmed Reidy's chances...if there was a vacancy.

And in this case, you are now saying it is incorrect, which whilst not libellous it makes it look as though you played a more significant role in events than possibly was the case.

Is this a good time to point out that I am NOT chairman of Bolton Wanderers?

Is this a good time to point out that I am NOT chairman of Bolton Wanderers?

Neither were you Chairman of Burnley, but in your own words you "found" OC for them!

IF he were to stay, I expect that he'll be far from popular with several members of the club hierachy. not least Barry Kilby.

Not least I'd imagine because Kilby will be licking his chops at the thought of the 4m compo.

They could buy back Turf Moor with that.

Not least I'd imagine because Kilby will be licking his chops at the thought of the 4m compo.

They could buy back Turf Moor with that.

I suspect that's fabricated. £4m would be some sort of record for a football manager? Do Bolton even have that sort of money? If they did, there wouldn't be much left in the transfer kitty.

Just been on the Dingleboard, it's pandemonium over there. The way things are going it's lose/lose for Coyle. If he stays they'll never trust him again, if he goes he's a bigger Judas than Shearer ! Welcome to the Premier League Dingles.

I suppose the thing with OC is that he's cultivated a reputation whereby he's painted as some sort of saint. His tee-total, God-fearing, family man personna is something that's been widely covered in several interviews with him. He often talks about honesty, loyalty and integrity in interviews, in reference to his players and himself. He'll not be the first or last manager to depart in this manner, but few managers have had the sort of holier than thou coverage that OC has.

I just hope that he doesn't pretent his departure is something to do with his affiliation to Bolton. He was only there two years, spent a lot of time on the bench, and in actual fact his managerial career at Burnley is similar to his playing career with Bolton both in terms of achievements (one promotion to Prem) and length. He is (was) unarguably adored more by Burnley fans than he ever was at Bolton. I suspect we'd be in the same position had he never played for them.

I suppose the thing with OC is that he's cultivated a reputation whereby he's painted as some sort of saint. His tee-total, God-fearing, family man personna is something that's been widely covered in several interviews with him. He often talks about honesty, loyalty and integrity in interviews, in reference to his players and himself. He'll not be the first or last manager to depart in this manner, but few managers have had the sort of holier than thou coverage that OC has.

I just hope that he doesn't pretent his departure is something to do with his affiliation to Bolton. He was only there two years, spent a lot of time on the bench, and in actual fact his managerial career at Burnley is similar to his playing career with Bolton both in terms of achievements (one promotion to Prem) and length. He is (was) unarguably adored more by Burnley fans than he ever was at Bolton. I suspect we'd be in the same position had he never played for them.

Like I said, it's big boys rules in the Premier League, morality is out the window . Now you can see why Bolton axed Megson when they were doing relatively well. Could be they'd had a nod and a wink.

Archived