BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brendan Flood's words, as you may recall.

Yours as well from earlier today:

"I don't remember getting garlands and standing ovations when I found him"

Have you been overdoing the festivities? You can't seem to remember what you've written in the mirror or here?

;)

Now I have to take Coyleys side on this one, at the moment his stock and earning capacity are probably quite high. He knows getting players to improve his squad at £14,000 per week at Prem Level is nigh on impossible as he will now be aware, he knows he needs at least four players and he cant afford Nugent!!

What does he do, his loyalty is to his family and himself and a decent three year contract at Bolton should set him up for life, I know what I would do, we have to understand that its his job, he is not a Burnley supporter, but does a job giving 100% like most of us do, if we got a better offer, in most cases we would take it.

Yours as well from earlier today:

"I don't remember getting garlands and standing ovations when I found him"

Have you been overdoing the festivities? You can't seem to remember what you've written in the mirror or here?

;)

Brendan Flood let that cat out of the bag in his book.

It was a secret for about two years before then.

Keep up.

Now I have to take Coyleys side on this one, at the moment his stock and earning capacity are probably quite high. He knows getting players to improve his squad at £14,000 per week at Prem Level is nigh on impossible as he will now be aware, he knows he needs at least four players and he cant afford Nugent!!

What does he do, his loyalty is to his family and himself and a decent three year contract at Bolton should set him up for life, I know what I would do, we have to understand that its his job, he is not a Burnley supporter, but does a job giving 100% like most of us do, if we got a better offer, in most cases we would take it.

Exactly. It's business. Coyle has a contract with Burnley. If Bolton buys out his contract, and Burnley get what it wants and/or bargained for, then the fans complaints are hardly justified. Coyle has done an excellent job. Burnley as a club should be grateful he's got them this far. Anything else is unreasonable.

Alternatively he might be doing an 'Arry' to get the dingles to part with some lucre. Arry was going to the Mags until Pompey were forced to agree to up his wages and to provide serious funding for new players...... and look at where they are now.

Brendan Flood let that cat out of the bag in his book.

It was a secret for about two years before then.

Keep up.

Sorry Dad.

As I'm a Rovers fan you'll completely understand if I'm not completely au fait with the combined literary works of Brendan Flood!.

Anyhow as a mate of OC I appreciate you might not be able to say too much yet but would you advise taking the 1.43 currently available on Betfair?

:P

All I wiil say is, if your in need of a pick me up tonic..

Go to any Dingle forum, ah how they have turned on their saviour....!!

I cant decide if they are steeped in yesterdays values or just thick?

The problem is that they so used to managers being sacked that they aren't used to them walking out. As we know, nowadays success means that sooner or later the guy at the top gets headhunted and, as much as you hope it will only be for the big 4, that's not the case. Money, stability and potential talk.

Exactly. It's business. Coyle has a contract with Burnley. If Bolton buys out his contract, and Burnley get what it wants and/or bargained for, then the fans complaints are hardly justified. Coyle has done an excellent job. Burnley as a club should be grateful he's got them this far. Anything else is unreasonable.

What you are saying is perfectly true and reasonable. You can't blame the fans for feeling bitterly disappointed; I am sure we would all feel the same in the same circumstances. However there is no excuse for the fans hurling idle abuse at Coyle now.

Nicko, now its been reported on sky sports news that Bolton have officially approached Burnley about Coyle, I heard somewhere that he has a clause in his contract allowing him to speak to other clubs, is this correct or simply hearesay?

What you are saying is perfectly true and reasonable. You can't blame the fans for feeling bitterly disappointed; I am sure we would all feel the same in the same circumstances. However there is no excuse for the fans hurling idle abuse at Coyle now.

If what we read is true, the fans should be saving their vitriol for the Burnley Board.

If I was Coyle and I'd performed a minor miracle to get them to this stage of the season with a realistic shout at staying up I'd be gutted to be then denied the desisory sum of 1m to sign Nugent.**

No surprise at all he would like to hear what Bolton have to say.

**Not too dissimilar to the Rovers owners with Hughes. Why can't these owners tell when they're on to a good thing?

• Backroom

Nicko, maybe you can't comment but how is this likely to effect the likes of Holden and even Nugent on loan? (if it was to go through obviously)

Go to any Dingle forum, ah how they have turned on their saviour....!!

I cant decide if they are steeped in yesterdays values or just thick?

They're all completely deluded, thinking they’re a much bigger and better proposition, than a well established premiership club like Bolton.

Typical burnley.

They're all completely deluded, thinking they’re a much bigger and better proposition, than a well established premiership club like Bolton.

Typical burnley.

I don't think that's strictly true. Most of us appreciate the difference in finance and potential, but you can't tell me that you wouldn't be equally disappointed faced with the same circumstances. Bolton may have a larger budget and have a larger fanbase, but they're local rivals, below us in the league and he's not going there to a jackpot transfer kitty. I can see how it is a step up, but it's not a huge one. At their maximum Bolton may occasionally flirt with the lower European places, but are more likely to be perenial relegation battlers. If he was going to somewhere like Villa, Everton or even somewhere like Sunderland, he'd be leaving with a larger amount of well wishers.

If you are indeed responsible for doing anything to help sweeten the deal Nicko, than cheers. I'm surprised more Rovers fans don't say this more often but I want Burnley to go down with an horrific points total. I want them to be embarassed and humiliated and I would take great delight if it was to be the case.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a man of hate nor would i get into any fights in the name of football but Burnley are our fierce rivals and I take a lot of pride in the fact that we are the better team and long may that continue. OC leaving only helps strengthen our position.

duh, duh, duh, duh...duh, duh...duh.....where's your coyle? (REPEAT)

On a side note, I also take great delight in the manner in which Coyle is shafting Burnley FC. Knowing many Burnley fans as I do, I have had to put up with at least a year of 'Owen Coyle is God' - thank the heavens that's over!

Firstly, Owwen Coyle is not shafting BFC, he has done a great job and if he leaves, will leave them in a better state both financially and playerwise!!

Burnley should be grateful, if things had gone wrong for them, to be sure he would have been sacked and another man brought in, thats the nature of the game, the big difference to other jobs is that you are paid much more money, make no mistake, Burnley should be very grateful for I believe they have been saved from Bankruptcy by appointing Coyle and his success, whilst I want to see them do much worse than Rovers, they have proper fans like you and I who will be gutted and their New Year ruined, there really arn't too many good managers available who would take that job and do well!!

That was a paragraph stuck in the story by the sports desk - from the poorly-informed Press Association.

If you read Brendan Flood's frank book you will find out why Peter Reid didn't get the job.

Very funny, very accurate.

Can someone share?

As an old school Rover I am positively delighted with these developments. I hope he shafts em and they get a really wobbly replacement.

Firstly, Owwen Coyle is not shafting BFC, he has done a great job and if he leaves, will leave them in a better state both financially and playerwise!!

Sorry, by shafting them, I mean leaving the fans to question whats going on without a peep all weekend and him avoiding interviews because they would obviously ask awkward questions. Burnley fans have every right to feel aggrieved over the information sent out by the club over the last few days particularly in light of such heavy speculation. Burnleys board should respect the fans enough to make a comment one way or the other. If there is nothing in it, then they should say so.

Of course, I wish to state, on the record, that I am delighted by all recent developments and the more shafting going on by all parties, the more fun for me........sorry no more questions <_<

Sorry, by shafting them, I mean leaving the fans to question whats going on without a peep all weekend and him avoiding interviews because they would obviously ask awkward questions. Burnley fans have every right to feel aggrieved over the information sent out by the club over the last few days particularly in light of such heavy speculation. Burnleys board should respect the fans enough to make a comment one way or the other. If there is nothing in it, then they should say so.

Of course, I wish to state, on the record, that I am delighted by all recent developments and the more shafting going on by all parties, the more fun for me........sorry no more questions <_<

Thanks Earl, I agree with that and I too will enjoy the next few days if Owen Coyle indeed becomes Bolton Manager!

Archived