BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

...and illegal under current rules if I am not mistaken 'drog to make your manager a quasi agent.

Well make his wife one then.

Roy Keane may also be interested in the Bolton job, must be better job than Ipswich.

Yes but aren't Bolton looking for a manager? Keane does not fit that criteria.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new manager certainly won't be Allardyce and I cannot see it being Hughes or Coyle either. Bolton have a pretty poor squad, one that has been accustomed to playing long-ball football for many years now, and they are in the relegation zone - they aren't exactly an attractive proposition. Hughes can do better and Coyle probably stands a better chance of staying in the Premier League with Burnley, whose fans adore him.

They'll end up having to go for an experienced manager desperate to get back into the game or an up-and-coming manager. Personally, I think Grayson is a good shout, his first signing: Jermaine Beckford. Other possibilities would be: Garry Speed, Darren Ferguson and Greath Southgate.

Just read that Megson has spent £40m on transfers since joining the trotters. Didn't believe it but when start to add them up it can't be far off!

I can see Steve 'I've got an umbrella' McLaren sniffing at this but I suspect Curbs or Jewell might get a shot.

I knocked the idea of Hughes going there but I could see the chap in the Isle of Man putting a sufficiently attractive package together for a Shearer/Speed combo. They'd take them down like they got Newcastle relegated as well so a bit of a win/win for Rovers.

I knocked the idea of Hughes going there but I could see the chap in the Isle of Man putting a sufficiently attractive package together for a Shearer/Speed combo. They'd take them down like they got Newcastle relegated as well so a bit of a win/win for Rovers.

Hence why I lolled at every mention of Shearer. Just another ex-pro living off his playing career and clueless at managerial level. To think he was JW's first-choice last summer is frightening stuff.

Did the Bolton board not show a fantastic lack of ambition and forward thinking in appointing a very ´old school` manager in Megson last time!?!?

Or maybe just a cheap option!

Surely it´ll be along the same lines again? ....... Hopefully

So my money is on a Jewell, Curbishley type apointment.

Southgate?

Available immediately and one would have thought Gartside would have already done some spadework behind the scenes and got his ducks in line as lets face it this has been on the cards for ages.

Lolling if chimpey chops Reid gets it, he is apparently a current "mover" with the bookies currently.

• Backroom

IF for some crazy reason Sam went there - then we would go down.

However it wont happen as there is some serious business that happened with Sam & Gartside's family ;)

Ok Hughesy time to give up the act, you've been on the wind up this whole time haven't you?

Unless you seriously believe Sam is the only man who could keep us up.

I suppose its all irellevent anyway as he won't be going there, we're not that lucky :P

Hughes would surely be looking at better options than Bolton, would be a step back for him.

He will be looking for a bigger job than the one at Bolton

Possibly, but only the biggest fools in the country would give Hughes another big Premiership job. Bolton looks like his just rewards.

Although I definitely feel BFS will be tempted. They have a much bigger transfer kitty and he has shown nothing to show he enjoys managing Rovers.

Quote from caretaker manager Chris Evans (not that one!, but maybe that would be a thought for Mr G)) on his appointment as assistant.

Evans told the Bolton Evening News: "My reason for leaving Wolves is to work with Gary Megson, whom I admire greatly.”

How much was he paying him. :lol:

Incidentally, you may not not remember Chris's playing career...

"He signed for York City from Stoke City in 1982. He then signed for Darlingon in 1985 before signing for Bangor City in 1987."

Archived