BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Nicky Marker was a much better player than Andrews though. When he made a tackle the opponent knew it!

Marker could also head the ball forwards instead of sideways or backwards, pass the ball accurately over 10 yards and read the game, all basic footballing skills that Andrews lacks. As the manager's pet, no doubt Andrews sets out the cones before training and collects them all himself afterwards, and scrubs the manager's back in the bath, but the Ewood crowd aren't fooled and they know a poor player when they see one.

The player I would compare Andrews to is Graham Oates, another talentless midfield player from the 1970s. Good character, would keep running all day and always willing to follow the manager's instructions etc etc but basically hopeless.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marker could also head the ball forwards instead of sideways or backwards, pass the ball accurately over 10 yards and read the game, all basic footballing skills that Andrews lacks. As the manager's pet, no doubt Andrews sets out the cones before training and collects them all himself afterwards, and scrubs the manager's back in the bath, but the Ewood crowd aren't fooled and they know a poor player when they see one.

The player I would compare Andrews to is Graham Oates, another talentless midfield player from the 1970s. Good character, would keep running all day and always willing to follow the manager's instructions etc etc but basically hopeless.

This board gets so boring sometimes.

Can I point out that Rovers have not bought proven players since Jack's heyday.

Yes Joey and even back in the day we bought our share of fringe players and stiffs:

Alan Wright, Le Saux, Sherwood, Newell, Hendry come to mind. I'm sure there are others I've forgotten.

Lets just pray that hes nowhere near Turf Moor on that day otherwise we'll be singing 'we've only got ten men'.

yeah good one. unnerve one of our players when playing a crucial match. prat.

i kinda want him to start that game now. he isn't good enough to start but it'd be great to see some of the miserable gets on this board sh*t themselves.

Archived