Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks a far better centre back than midfielder! Keef did a good job today.

Luckily they didn't test him much in the air, I was worried that they'd stick Davies on him and launch balls into the box. Maybe a manager more concerned about winning than counting passes would have done, and we'd have been in trouble.

Still a good performance from Keef though. He was doing a Beckenbauer impression by the end, coming out of defence with the ball and spraying cross fields balls to set up an attack!

1. He can put in a transfer request.

2. He can pull his finger whilst pointing akin to a hamstring injury.

3. He can now draw circles with his pointed finger and use his mouth a lot.

These are things he can do.

The one blatant thing he cannot do is this:=

HE CANNOT PLAY FOOTBALL

The lad didn't put a foot wrong today. He did what was asked from him. What more can we ask?

I have to say, Keef'd crapness was our defensive tactical masterplan today. So unpredictable that the Bolton attack was pretty much blunt (barring two top-drawer Robbo saves). You have to give it to the lad. He isn't the best. But he's average in pretty much every position. Not great, but a very valuable member of the squad.

He will be a legend on the level of Stead, Kuqi and Amoruso. Not great, but useful and he has my full respect.

I have to say, Keef'd crapness was our defensive tactical masterplan today. So unpredictable that the Bolton attack was pretty much blunt (barring two top-drawer Robbo saves). You have to give it to the lad. He isn't the best. But he's average in pretty much every position. Not great, but a very valuable member of the squad.

He will be a legend on the level of Stead, Kuqi and Amoruso. Not great, but useful and he has my full respect.

Please stop reminding me of Amoruso.

He looks a far better centre back than midfielder! Keef did a good job today.

My comment during the match was that he was at least out of the way where he could do the least damage. Bolton weren't good today.

On a side note, what an insult to Chimbonda. Your centre back goes off and you replace him with a midfielder and move another "midfielder" into the defence. Okay, it paid off today but... ouch!

The only place Andrews has impressed me is left back. Left back in the dressing room! Badum tish.

Only kidding, he can do a job as an emergency full-back. In League 1. Badum tish.

They don't get any better. And neither does... ... ok I'll stop now.

Hold on a moment Morton old bean, lets take a more in depth analysis of Keiths latest venture as a defensive kingpin centre half.

How many headers did he win against a centre forward ? ZERO.

How many tackles did he win ? ZERO.

He intercepted a few passes and he did play a fantastic ball outwide, however taking him back a few minutes in his midfield role, he didnt do anything there to excell himself, in fact he was never in the game as a midfielder today.

At CB he jumped the player every time and was very lucky that he didnt give away free kciks in dangerous positions. He played 10 yards apart from Givet across the back and he played 10 yards deeper than the defence needed, this put pressure on Rovers other defenders and it is only becuase it ws Bolton that we were not punished becuase any other team may well have profited better.

So please everyone, I have thanked him for his efforts today, that is as far it goes for me. He swhouldnt have even been on the park for me.It is onky due to the fact that Givet won everything he could that Rovers got away with a clean sheet against a woeful Bolton outfit.

That is the stark reality, please dont be thinking that KA has found his niche, he hasnt and he is still a liability in a Rovers shirt.

As for anyone comparing him with Mark Super Atko ? Forget it, Atko could actually play a bit.

Well he wasn't a liability today. I thought he did well in midfield before the switch, some good probing passes and a great header from the corner that led to Nico hitting the post. For a first appearance at centre half, he didn't make any howlers such as giving away a penalty, which I thought was the main risk of playing someone so unfamiliar.

Hold on a moment Morton old bean, lets take a more in depth analysis of Keiths latest venture as a defensive kingpin centre half.

How many headers did he win against a centre forward ? ZERO.

How many tackles did he win ? ZERO.

Absolute tripe. How many defenders win headers against Davies? He won a good few tackles and played some good balls out from the back. To be so negative about a centre mid who stepped into the cb role and kept a clean sheet. Give it up. It infuriates me.

If Andrews scored a hat-trick today people like you would still get on his back.

Paul Robinson summed it up today. He said his man of the match was Keith Andrews. Andrews was excellent in the second half. He played it very intelligently and with some skill and fair play to him. I was very nervous at the end of the first half with him there because the entire team seemed to lose leadership and some focus. In the second half it was a completely different story. No, he's not the best at anything but to be asked to step in a take over a position that he has never played at this level against a very physical and dominating pair of centre forwards.

Credit were credit is due to Keith Andrews, playing in midfield he was his awful self but when he switched to centre half

he was excellent.

Well done to Keith for todays performance thoroughly deserved.You just cant underestimate how valuable that performance was both to the team and the club.

i wouldent choose andrews in the team from the start, but when he went in to CB he did everything that he could possibly be asked to do! we win 3-0 and still people complain about something!!!! he obviously wont be liked whatever he does, i think we no that by now, but credit where its due he deserves a pat on the back today! WELL DONE KEEF!!

Well he wasn't a liability today. I thought he did well in midfield before the switch, some good probing passes and a great header from the corner that led to Nico hitting the post. For a first appearance at centre half, he didn't make any howlers such as giving away a penalty, which I thought was the main risk of playing someone so unfamiliar.

Wot, no whinge about the manager or style of play ?

Are you feeling well ?

Andrews filling a shirt against an inept Bolton team does not alter anything in my view.

Still want to see Andrews shunted out in the summer for someone who can kick a ball straight.

Not alot to ask is it ?

Begresko, if you read my ost in the match thread I have given KA due credit.

If you look at the when he moved back, the tripe you suggest is there for all to see. Each and everytime he tried to jump he jumped the player, he played too far back and too far apart from GG.

there is nothing tripe about what I wrote, I watched it from my seat in the JW Upper.

Granted, I dont exactly feel thrilled with Andrews in the team because we have much better options, it is just that the experts seem to want to play him and I cannot fathom that one out just yet. He is not a world beater nor will he ever be but Rovers have etter players than him and dont appear to want to play them.

He is not a central midfielder, he is nit a defensive kingpin, a jack of all trades he may claim to be but a master none he most definately is.

It is y mopinion of course.

He is not a central midfielder, he is nit a defensive kingpin, a jack of all trades he may claim to be but a master none he most definately is.

It is y mopinion of course.

I take it the fact that Andrews did a very good job for Rovers today is the reason that you seem so drunk.

Archived