BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

Im simply saying he is now clearly behind Salgado, Reid & MGP now after this last week.......there is no need for him at this club

Our midfield is shockingly poor and injury prone. As such we need to keep Andrews until we have a replacement. If the death bell chimed for anyone last night it was for MGP. At last we had some drive and impetus down the left.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our midfield is shockingly poor and injury prone. As such we need to keep Andrews until we have a replacement. If the death bell chimed for anyone last night it was for MGP. At last we had some drive and impetus down the left.

I and many others felt we found a very good central midfielder who can link up play and actually create things, like two goals!!!

Did you watch a different game??

I and many others felt we found a very good central midfielder who can link up play and actually create things, like two goals!!!

I thought Peds did really well there last night. I also thought we looked better once Reid came on. I'm a fan of Nzonzi but once he'd gone off, we looked somewhat stronger and attacked well. I can well imagine the amount of games played in a short period of time has caught up with him.

I’ve mentioned a few times on various threads that I can’t really fault Andrews, because the manager is picking him and he tries his best. He’ll run all day for the cause but simply isn’t Premiership standard.

Another conspiracy theory here, but I firmly believe Allardyce plays Andrews to prove a point to the board that he needs investment. He did the same at Bolton during the war of words with Garside over investment apparently.

No but I've watched Rovers over the last 4 years and I also watched the last 60 minutes of the game - not just the first 30 when Rovers were on top all over the pitch.

I’ve mentioned a few times on various threads that I can’t really fault Andrews, because the manager is picking him and he tries his best. He’ll run all day for the cause but simply isn’t Premiership standard.

Another conspiracy theory here, but I firmly believe Allardyce plays Andrews to prove a point to the board that he needs investment. He did the same at Bolton during the war of words with Garside over investment apparently.

But if that were the case he would be getting plenty of playing time in January, it looks as though Sam is fed up with Andrews at this stage! He'll go in the summer after a lack of games i reckon. With the emergence of N'Zonzi, a fit grella, Reid coming back & the fact that Dunn, Emerton & now Pedersen can all play midfield, Andrews is going to find it hard to get into the squad!!

• 2 weeks later...

No but I've watched Rovers over the last 4 years and I also watched the last 60 minutes of the game - not just the first 30 when Rovers were on top all over the pitch.

After watching Rovers for almost 50 years, I can without question say he is one of the worst ever to pull on a Blue and White shirt, and I watched them in the old third division!!

After watching Rovers for almost 50 years, I can without question say he is one of the worst ever to pull on a Blue and White shirt, and I watched them in the old third division!!

The amount of pointing he gets through and this is the thanks he gets!

Just remember next time we're getting caned 6-0 away at Chelsea and there's no-one to stem the tide with some defensive pointing, it's this kind of attitude that's forced him out of the club.

The amount of pointing he gets through and this is the thanks he gets!

Just remember next time we're getting caned 6-0 away at Chelsea and there's no-one to stem the tide with some defensive pointing, it's this kind of attitude that's forced him out of the club.

:lol:

Arguably had his best game against West ham. Broke up the play well and passed it okay. However it is impossible to see that he will stay. We now have a vast amount of players who can fit in central midfield:- Pedersen, Emerton, Grella, Dunn, Basturk, Reid, NZonzi. There is no need for him.

First priority in the summer needs to be to shift Andrews, Roberts, Diouf and Salgado. We would only need to replace them with two good strikers and a left back. Sell Grella as well and get in another holding midfielder too.

I'm seriously worried about the sanity of the 57 people who have voted to keep Keith. Given that one of them may be Keith himself (can you imagine how demoralising it would be if he ever did come on this messageboard?!) that still allows 56 - he might have a large family or maybe fans of teams who anticipate being in the relegation scrap at the end of the season are infiltrating this board. A few mischievous Dingles too perhaps. The rest I assume have either never been to Ewood and witnessed the sheer awfulness of Keith for themselves, are mentally deranged, didnt understand the question, or are just plain stupid.

I'm seriously worried about the sanity of the 57 people who have voted to keep Keith.

I did not vote to keep Keith. I voted against him. I wasn't (and am not) slagging him as a player. I think he's a perfectly acceptable substitute who was asked to play beyond his natural role. He got a lot of grief for that as he is not a natural first teamer. In fairness I think he deserves kudos for stepping up and staying fit. Regardless, there is no 'justice' in the opinions of fans and in light of the grief he gets, he should move on for the sake of his career and well-being.

Never fear, some fans will find another player to demonize in seconds flat after Keith leaves.

I'm seriously worried about the sanity of the 57 people who have voted to keep Keith. Given that one of them may be Keith himself (can you imagine how demoralising it would be if he ever did come on this messageboard?!) that still allows 56 - he might have a large family or maybe fans of teams who anticipate being in the relegation scrap at the end of the season are infiltrating this board. A few mischievous Dingles too perhaps. The rest I assume have either never been to Ewood and witnessed the sheer awfulness of Keith for themselves, are mentally deranged, didnt understand the question, or are just plain stupid.

Sympathy votes?

Irish contingent?

It worked for Jedward.

I'm seriously worried about the sanity of the 57 people who have voted to keep Keith. Given A few mischievous Dingles too perhaps. The rest I assume have either never been to Ewood and witnessed the sheer awfulness of Keith for themselves, are mentally deranged, didnt understand the question, or are just plain stupid.

57 people, all of them called jonnolad.

Speaking of whom, he's been remarkably silent since his poster-boy fell out of favour with the manager.

Do you think Trappatoni has ever been to Ewood to watch Keith? You see he only went and selected him, repeatedly and consistently, over the likes of Andy Reid at Sunderland (know him - he cost them £4m in 2008?) and Darron Gibson at Man U (know him - he's scored some cracking goals for them this season). Is Trappatoni therefore mentally deranged do you think? I have to say, for a loony, he's won an awful lot as a manager - he's easily one of the most successful club managers in football history in fact. Not bad for someone who's mentally deranged!

And there's Roy Hodgson as well - do you think he's seen Keith play at Ewood? Do you know he put a bid in for Keith? It's true, and get this as well - the bid was only more than double what we paid for Keith! It has to be said Roy seems to be another one who's doing alright for a loony.

You've not heard the most unbelievable part yet though - Sam Allardyce, our manager, only went and told Roy Hodgson that Keith wasn't for sale at all (even though we could have made a huge profit on him). Can you believe that? Not just that but Sam has consistently shown his faith in Keith by continually playing him (even out of position on many occasions). He's played him 20+ times this season alone. I'm sure I've seen Sam at Ewood too - why do you think Sam hasn’t "witnessed the sheer awfulness of Keith" then? It all just doesn't make any sense. Is Sam another one who's mentally deranged? I've got to say there's an awful lot of the mentally deranged involved at the highest level of football management!

If you think Keith Andrews is bad incidentally, you might want to go and watch someone called Maceo Rigters. You might not have heard of him because he doesn't really ever play for us - but he's definitely a Rovers player. He was a sub-million pound signing for us just like Keith Andrews; however unlike Keith no one else is interested in him (including us). I'm not talking about Premier League clubs like Fulham either here; League One clubs (that's 2 divisions below us) aren't even interested in him when he went on trial. We're not talking top of the table high fliers here, we're talking about 32 points off the top, but only 6 points off the relegation, Southend United. Even they aren't interested in our Maceo.

I'm intrigued on your opinion though - do you think Maceo Rigters is better than Keith Andrews?

Sympathy votes?

Irish contingent?

The Irish contingent being the ROI manager? He seems to rate him you see.

57 people, all of them called jonnolad.

Speaking of whom, he's been remarkably silent since his poster-boy fell out of favour with the manager.

Fallen out of favour? Funny because I'm sure I saw Keith playing in our last league match :wstu:

I'd personally describe players like Khizanishvili or Rigters or even Benni Mccarthy as falling out of favour - I take it you don't agree though?

Back again, are we? Oh, and still clinging to the same strawman argument.

Darren Peacock was one of the worst Blackburn defenders in our Premier League history, and yet he's played under Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish and of course, Roy Hodgson. Are you now going to argue that Darren Peacock was a good player for us based on their appraisals?

Until you acknowledge that football managers are fallible like anyone else, you'll just regurgitate the same fallacy over and over again.

Back again, are we? Oh, and still clinging to the same strawman argument.

Darren Peacock was one of the worst Blackburn defenders in our Premier League history, and yet he's played under Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish and of course, Roy Hodgson. Are you now going to argue that Darren Peacock was a good player for us based on their appraisals?

Until you acknowledge that football managers are fallible like anyone else, you'll just regurgitate the same fallacy over and over again.

Do you think Toon fans rate Darren Peacock? He made 133 appearances for them in the best period they've had in the last 40 odd years - one hundred and thirty three appearances! He featured heavily in both the 95-96 and 96-97 seasons under Kevin Keegan and then Kenny Dalglish when they finished 2nd in the Premier League both times. That clearly doesn't sound like a terrible defender to me. I personally think Toon fans will have fond memories of Darren Peacock, and I'm guessing they'll rate Keegan for buying him.

As for us - I certainly don't remember him being that diabolical. Indeed the first match report I've come across on the net described him as "inspirational at the back for Rovers all afternoon" - that doesn't sound like one of the worst defenders we've ever had:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/blackburn/reports/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=football/99/04/17/manual_164901.html&TEAMHD=blackburn&DIV=prem&TEAM=BLACKBURN&RH=Blackburn--Rovers&PREV_SEASON=1997

One thing I certainly remember is him being injured a lot - is that the ultimate benchmark of whether a player is the worst for us or not though? If that's the case Steven Reid is surely without doubt the worst midfielder we've ever had then.

This is obviously getting away from the main argument here though. Your only argument against incredibly experienced managers obviously rating Keith by putting in serious bids for him / continually selecting him to play is that managers get things wrong sometimes. The problem we have though, for this argument to be true, is all these managers (as well as the journalists and stats of course) have to be wrong all of the time - in which case your argument is weak to the point of laughable. It’s especially weak when the own example you give of Darren Peacock, doesn't even back it up :lol:

Poor must try harder, much harder.

Please enlighten me as to why it's a straw man argument incidentally, as I seem to think you are getting a little confused with the meaning of this term.

Do you think Trappatoni has ever been to Ewood to watch Keith? You see he only went and selected him, repeatedly and consistently, over the likes of Andy Reid at Sunderland (know him - he cost them £4m in 2008?) and Darron Gibson at Man U (know him - he's scored some cracking goals for them this season). Is Trappatoni therefore mentally deranged do you think? I have to say, for a loony, he's won an awful lot as a manager - he's easily one of the most successful club managers in football history in fact. Not bad for someone who's mentally deranged!

And there's Roy Hodgson as well - do you think he's seen Keith play at Ewood? Do you know he put a bid in for Keith? It's true, and get this as well - the bid was only more than double what we paid for Keith! It has to be said Roy seems to be another one who's doing alright for a loony.

You've not heard the most unbelievable part yet though - Sam Allardyce, our manager, only went and told Roy Hodgson that Keith wasn't for sale at all (even though we could have made a huge profit on him). Can you believe that? Not just that but Sam has consistently shown his faith in Keith by continually playing him (even out of position on many occasions). He's played him 20+ times this season alone. I'm sure I've seen Sam at Ewood too - why do you think Sam hasn’t "witnessed the sheer awfulness of Keith" then? It all just doesn't make any sense. Is Sam another one who's mentally deranged? I've got to say there's an awful lot of the mentally deranged involved at the highest level of football management!

If you think Keith Andrews is bad incidentally, you might want to go and watch someone called Maceo Rigters. You might not have heard of him because he doesn't really ever play for us - but he's definitely a Rovers player. He was a sub-million pound signing for us just like Keith Andrews; however unlike Keith no one else is interested in him (including us). I'm not talking about Premier League clubs like Fulham either here; League One clubs (that's 2 divisions below us) aren't even interested in him when he went on trial. We're not talking top of the table high fliers here, we're talking about 32 points off the top, but only 6 points off the relegation, Southend United. Even they aren't interested in our Maceo.

I'm intrigued on your opinion though - do you think Maceo Rigters is better than Keith Andrews?

Fallen out of favour? Funny because I'm sure I saw Keith playing in our last league match :wstu:

I'd personally describe players like Khizanishvili or Rigters or even Benni Mccarthy as falling out of favour - I take it you don't agree though?

I have asked but never recieved a reply, just what abilities does Andrew possess ?

Passing, heading, vision,pace etc??

and no, Trappotini has not been to Ewood, he sends Ashley Grimes a poor player who was a makeshift in a poor Man U team at one time !!

In a market where transfer fees are low, does it not surprise you that not even a championship side came in for him during the window when thery could have had him on the cheap!!

And, he is now behind, Reid, Dunn, Grella, NZonzi, Emerton, Pedersen and probably Basturk in the pecking order!! PS Andrews came on as sub due to Dunn, Grella being injured, Basturk not ready yet!! When did he start last?????????

I have asked but never recieved a reply, just what abilities does Andrew possess ?

Passing, heading, vision,pace etc??

and no, Trappotini has not been to Ewood, he sends Ashley Grimes a poor player who was a makeshift in a poor Man U team at one time !!

In a market where transfer fees are low, does it not surprise you that not even a championship side came in for him during the window when thery could have had him on the cheap!!

And, he is now behind, Reid, Dunn, Grella, NZonzi, Emerton, Pedersen and probably Basturk in the pecking order!! PS Andrews came on as sub due to Dunn, Grella being injured, Basturk not ready yet!! When did he start last?????????

Don't expect any answers Kelbo.

Jonno is a troll. He doesn't have anything else to add to the m/b. If he really thinks Darren Peacock was a good centre half for Rovers, he's a troll with no idea at all.

We have the worst fans in the country ! fact ! booing, and getting on a players back for giving it his all! he is not the most gifted player we have had on our books, but he gives an honest shift every time he`s picked (unlike Mccarthy et al) . you lot have no pride or shame !

get this thread removed!

Sing your hearts out for the lads!

Archived