Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keeping this updated in case the Irish twit jonnolad returns.

Andrews has now started 4 out of the past 16 matches. That's what I call out of favour.

On the basis of last night's performance would anyone pick him for the Bolton match ?

Allardyce has picked Andrews 4 times in the past 16 matches after starting him in 12 out of the first 17 matches of the season, giving a strong indication that the manager has lost faith in the player.

Is that beyond your limited comprehension ?

"Would anyone pick him for the Bolton match"?? laugh.gif

By the way ... whilst Andrews was in your happy "out of favour" period, Rovers had a shocking run of no wins in ~10 games. Before he was dropped we picked up points, and now he's back, more wins and more points. Even when your hated hero is forced to fill in at centre half.

There's none so blind as those who will not see laugh.gif

Wot, no whinge about the manager or style of play ?

Are you feeling well ?

Andrews filling a shirt against an inept Bolton team does not alter anything in my view.

Still want to see Andrews shunted out in the summer for someone who can kick a ball straight.

Not alot to ask is it ?

1.jpg

Look pretty straight to me. ;)

"Would anyone pick him for the Bolton match"?? laugh.gif

By the way ... whilst Andrews was in your happy "out of favour" period, Rovers had a shocking run of no wins in ~10 games. Before he was dropped we picked up points, and now he's back, more wins and more points. Even when your hated hero is forced to fill in at centre half.

There's none so blind as those who will not see laugh.gif

Amazing logic there Tris. Clearly we have a secret weapon on our hands who, despite so many fans thinking he's a dud, is instrumental in our victories and vital to our cause. So how about a few words of appreciation and gratitude for the manager who has so wisely recalled him? I'm assuming you no longer belong to the" Allardyce Out" brigade?

Keith for Centre half eh?

He'll never make a centre half as long as he lives. Come on fellas, aren't some of us guilty of combining Andrews' display at centre half with the fact that we kept a clean sheet? We seem to be forgetting that in fact Givet was the MOTM, dealing with pretty much everything of danger, Nzonzi covered superbly in front of Keith and Bolton have no threat whatsoever, proven by their goal drought going back over 500 minutes?

Amazing that those who thought Keith was a good midfielder, now think he is a good centre half. [awaits flak]. :P

The whole tone of this thread is disrespectful to a Rovers player.

I appeal to the Mods to remove the clause 'Time he went' off it.

We should not give in to the 'miserablistas' on this site - they are using this web-site

to over-react and over-criticise.Keith stays fit and puts in a shift. And he deserves our

proper support until he goes to another club.

What would you lot have done to 'super-Atko' and Jason ?

Amazing that those who thought Keith was a good midfielder, now think he is a good centre half. [awaits flak]. :P

Are people even saying that? All I know is that for a weak PL midfielder, Andrews did well when moved out of position. It must said, though, that Givet played out of his skin, and the Grella/Nzonzi combination strengthened our midfield.

:rover: with chimbando on the bench i expected him to come on for nelson,he did not and kieth played there were does that leave pascal :blink::brfc:

on the bench.

to be fair i would have had andrews at centre back before chimbonda. good right back at times but prone to lapses of concentration and centre back is the worst possible position for a player like that. a shame jones missed the bench this week, would have been good to see more of him. pascal will be back soon enough i'm sure. i presume salgado has been training hard recently and deserves a chance, whilst missing the odd game will do chimbo no harm in keeping him grounded.

We should not give in to the 'miserablistas' on this site - they are using this web-site

to over-react and over-criticise.Keith stays fit and puts in a shift. And he deserves our

I absolutely agree. We seem to get a lot of these threads - why can't we just use the name of the player and not snide comments- they are Rovers players.

It often works out to be quite amusing, you get certain people berating a player - it's fair enough that you maybe don't rate him, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion - then the player comes good and ooooops... :blush: . I must admit in the heat of the moment I've admitted disappointment with one player or another, but the way some go on is rather over the top and there really is no need for the sensationalist headings to a thread.

Keith for Centre half eh?

He'll never make a centre half as long as he lives. Come on fellas, aren't some of us guilty of combining Andrews' display at centre half with the fact that we kept a clean sheet? We seem to be forgetting that in fact Givet was the MOTM, dealing with pretty much everything of danger, Nzonzi covered superbly in front of Keith and Bolton have no threat whatsoever, proven by their goal drought going back over 500 minutes?

I thought Salgado showed a bit of experience yesterday-realising Keith may be suspect he looked like he was keeping an eye on him, and doing a bit of mopping up for him.

Up to a point, I'd agree with your point about removing the "time he went" sub title, although this is a public messageboard and people can give their views as to what they think. As for the rest of your post it's rubbish. I made some light hearted [as shown by the smilie] points about yesterdays game and Keiths contribution at Centre half, as well as contributions from other players, as did Ozz further down the thread.. You could have responded to those if you'd have wanted.

I don't really like Keith but thought he did well at centre-half yesterday. People say he struggled in the air (which is true), but he did will to read the game on several occasions and dropped off Davies to cover his flicks instead of needlessly going up for a challenge he wouldn't win.

As the Yanks would say...GOOD JOB!

I dont have issues accepting others opinions. Rovers player or not I simply do not like Andrews in a Rovers shirt.

He doesnt bring anything to the game, my view of course. If other disagree then fair do's. andrews cannot hack it as a central midfielder and as for a CB ? Please please please dont make me laugh.

I have said that he did okay versus Bolton against apowder puff attack but he was protected by Givet and NZonzi, it was not his ability that got him through the game.

Simples

I thought he was in line for man of the match yesterday after moving to centre half, although he didnt win much in the air, but allardyce said after the game he had told him to forget the first ball and make sure we won the second, which would be the sensible thing to do against davies.

I dont have issues accepting others opinions. Rovers player or not I simply do not like Andrews in a Rovers shirt.

He doesnt bring anything to the game, my view of course. If other disagree then fair do's. andrews cannot hack it as a central midfielder and as for a CB ? Please please please dont make me laugh.

I have said that he did okay versus Bolton against apowder puff attack but he was protected by Givet and NZonzi, it was not his ability that got him through the game.

Simples

He did ok in a position many of us would never have chosen for him to play in. Regardless of how useless Bolton were, he was alright. Is he a CB? No. But I dont think anyone is saying that he is, its just that yesterday he was asked to play there and did better then virtually all of us expected him to. Thats why he deserves some credit.

a few things about andrews

andrews is a squad player (and doesn't pretend to be anything more than that by sulking when dropped).

andrews tries as hard for the team as most others.

andrews is limited at this level but this is not his fault. at least his downsides aren't down to a lack of effort like a few others.

andrews was put in a position he isn't used to against bolton and performed adequately.

andrews never moans, even though the fans moan at him.

andrews is usually fit.

i don't understand why having him at the club is such a problem for people. admittedly he wouldn't make my first eleven of a fully fit rovers squad, but that doesn't mean we should sell him or give him so much stick.

Before we go nuts Bolton clearly failed to put Keith under the right sort of pressure. They should ahve been playing in the air to Davies against Keith. Andrews would have had no chance. Bolton were amazingly ineffective going forward.

Keith did well enough, but realistically I would not say that you could judge him as a centreback as he was not stetched by Bolton.

Archived