BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

We have the worst fans in the country ! fact ! booing, and getting on a players back for giving it his all! he is not the most gifted player we have had on our books, but he gives an honest shift every time he`s picked (unlike Mccarthy et al) . you lot have no pride or shame !

get this thread removed!

Sing your hearts out for the lads!

The Rovers crowd are right horatio !

The Blackburn end should take great credit for chanting ''were supposed to be at home'' during the second half of the Wigan game.It acted as a spur at that moment in the game and the players duly responded.

Pedersen was booed off the previous game for his semi final performance at Ewood Park then during the Wigan game they were chanting his name in celebration.

The more vocal part of the crowd call it as they see it, and when its going well they are cheering. When its not going so well, they let everyone, players, managers, etc., know, which for me is a highly commendable attribute.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rovers crowd are right horatio !

The Blackburn end should take great credit for chanting ''were supposed to be at home'' during the second half of the Wigan game.It acted as a spur at that moment in the game and the players duly responded.

Pedersen was booed off the previous game for his semi final performance at Ewood Park then during the Wigan game they were chanting his name in celebration.

The more vocal part of the crowd call it as they see it, and when its going well they are cheering. When its not going so well, they let everyone, players, managers, etc., know, which for me is a highly commendable attribute.

"You only sing when your winning".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fickle.... Not such a commendable attribute in my opinion.

Do you think Toon fans rate Darren Peacock? He made 133 appearances for them in the best period they've had in the last 40 odd years - one hundred and thirty three appearances! He featured heavily in both the 95-96 and 96-97 seasons under Kevin Keegan and then Kenny Dalglish when they finished 2nd in the Premier League both times. That clearly doesn't sound like a terrible defender to me. I personally think Toon fans will have fond memories of Darren Peacock, and I'm guessing they'll rate Keegan for buying him.

You'll also see that Dalglish rated Peacock so much he allowed him to leave on a free transfer during his second season in charge.

As for us - I certainly don't remember him being that diabolical. Indeed the first match report I've come across on the net described him as "inspirational at the back for Rovers all afternoon" - that doesn't sound like one of the worst defenders we've ever had:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/blackburn/reports/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=football/99/04/17/manual_164901.html&TEAMHD=blackburn&DIV=prem&TEAM=BLACKBURN&RH=Blackburn--Rovers&PREV_SEASON=1997

Link isn't working, but if you're gonna base your opinion of Darren Peacock on ONE online match report then you're clearly unaware of what a calamity he was for us in 98/99. He was a complete shambles at the back, with Stephane Henchoz having to do the work of two men that season.

One thing I certainly remember is him being injured a lot - is that the ultimate benchmark of whether a player is the worst for us or not though? If that's the case Steven Reid is surely without doubt the worst midfielder we've ever had then.

Injuries aside, he was an unmitigated disaster when fit. I'd imagine you were too busy following Keith's career to notice.

This is obviously getting away from the main argument here though. Your only argument against incredibly experienced managers obviously rating Keith by putting in serious bids for him / continually selecting him to play is that managers get things wrong sometimes. The problem we have though, for this argument to be true, is all these managers (as well as the journalists and stats of course) have to be wrong all of the time - in which case your argument is weak to the point of laughable. It’s especially weak when the own example you give of Darren Peacock, doesn't even back it up :lol:

Serious bids? You mean ONE Premier League manager who made an inquiry? As I've said to you before, and you duly avoided, where are the other managers queuing up to sign this highly-regarded midfielder?

Poor must try harder, much harder.

Funny, people say the same about Andrews.

Please enlighten me as to why it's a straw man argument incidentally, as I seem to think you are getting a little confused with the meaning of this term.

"Straw man" is one of the best-named fallacies, because it is memorable and vividly illustrates the nature of the fallacy. Imagine a fight in which one of the combatants sets up a man of straw, attacks it, then proclaims victory. All the while, the real opponent stands by untouched.

^ This is the essence of your argument. You beat the same point again and again, despite the obvious flaw behind it. I guess you'd also argue that Ade Akinbiyi and Nigel Quashie are great players because of the managers that signed them?

Fallen out of favour? Funny because I'm sure I saw Keith playing in our last league match

I'd personally describe players like Khizanishvili or Rigters or even Benni Mccarthy as falling out of favour - I take it you don't agree though?

Khizanishvili has rarely featured under Allardyce while Rigters is so far out of first team contention as to be invisible ! Neither were ever in favour so they can hardly be out of favour now.

McCarthy was a different case and it is obvious there were personality clashes with Allardyce.

Now then, Andrews.

This season your favourite son started 12 out of 17 matches to the end of November and was substitute in the other 5.

Since the start of December Andrews has started only 3 out of 14 matches, has been substitute in 8 (3 of which he was not used), and has been omitted from the squad entirely in 3 matches. Whether that was because of injury I do not know.

Now that's what I call well and truly falling out of favour.

It's not difficult to comprehend and if you do some research you might understand better the meaning of the phrase.

withstupid.gifwithstupid.gif

To spell it out further for you, it's obvious that the manager has finally realised Andrews's limitations and will now only pick him for the starting XI when absolutely necessary.

I'm sure the majority of fans would agree with me in hoping that he is sold in the summer.

"You only sing when your winning".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fickle.... Not such a commendable attribute in my opinion.

That is incorrect.....we were singing "442" and "were supposed to be at home". We were singing, but not winning ;). While I appreciate your point, I feel that the paying punter should be allowed to vocalise his/her opinions at matches in the form of chants. But not through booing (which must only happen at half time and full time, rather than during the course of the game).

We should be allowed to say how we feel because (as has been pointed out) it often acts as a spur-on for the team.

That is incorrect.....we were singing "442" and "were supposed to be at home". We were singing, but not winning ;). While I appreciate your point, I feel that the paying punter should be allowed to vocalise his/her opinions at matches in the form of chants. But not through booing (which must only happen at half time and full time, rather than during the course of the game).

We should be allowed to say how we feel because (as has been pointed out) it often acts as a spur-on for the team.

Sorry to burst you bubble but your inane booing (or spurring-oning) can only have a negative impact, especially when players are being singled out. we dont really have anything to moan about either; 10th in the league, semi final, beating the dingles, all this in what i consider to be a transitional season! what more do you disillusioned bunch want? keep your football tactics to yourself i say !

451, 451 ! if its good enough for Man U...its good enough for us.

I have asked but never recieved a reply, just what abilities does Andrew possess ?

Passing, heading, vision,pace etc??

He is not a superstar but, then again - who is? He's had a few stinkers this season but did pretty well against West Ham I thought.

Here are the "season so far" stats for the midfield:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/blackburn/4942831/Blackburn-Rovers-Statistics.html

Tackles won

1 Steven N'Zonzi 41

2 Keith Andrews 34

4 Morten Gamst Pedersen 28

8 El Hadji Diouf 19

11 Vincenzo Grella 13

12 Brett Emerton 12

16 David Dunn 5

Successful passes %

Emerton 76

Grella 71

Diouf 69

N'Zonzi 69

Andrews 65

Dunn 63

Pedersen 55

Not great but comparable to most of the alternatives. Also, I think he is a bit more ambitious with his passing targets than, say, N'Zonzi. In fact I recall a couple of his passes against West Ham which were almost Tugayesque! (No really!)

He is not a superstar but, then again - who is? He's had a few stinkers this season but did pretty well against West Ham I thought.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/blackburn/4942831/Blackburn-Rovers-Statistics.html

Tackles won

1 Steven N'Zonzi 41

2 Keith Andrews 34

8 El Hadji Diouf 19

11 Vincenzo Grella 13

12 Brett Emerton 12

16 David Dunn 5

Successful passes %

Emerton 76

Grella 71

Diouf 69

N'Zonzi 69

Andrews 65

Dunn 63

Pedersen 55

Not great but comparable to most of the alternatives. Also, I think he is a bit more ambitious with his passing targets than, say, N'Zonzi. In fact I recall a couple of his passes against West Ham which were almost Tugayesque! (No really!)

Hey don't try and use facts to bamboozle the anti-Andrews brigade ... the only language they understand consists of the following few words :- Baaaahh, Bhaaaa, Baahaa

Sorry to burst you bubble but your inane booing (or spurring-oning) can only have a negative impact, especially when players are being singled out. we dont really have anything to moan about either; 10th in the league, semi final, beating the dingles, all this in what i consider to be a transitional season! what more do you disillusioned bunch want? keep your football tactics to yourself i say !

451, 451 ! if its good enough for Man U...its good enough for us.

No, it CAN spur a team on. It only starts to drain a team when it happens game after game after game (which it hasn't.....yet).

I'm just pointing out that people who want to boo/chant negatively, should be allowed to do so, whether the rest of us like it or not. They've paid their money and if they aren't satisfied, they should say so.

An I am one of the optimistic fans, like you are (I see top 10, rather than looking below even though we're actually 11th). I'm not one of the disillusioned bunch ;)

Hey don't try and use facts to bamboozle the anti-Andrews brigade ... the only language they understand consists of the following few words :- Baaaahh, Bhaaaa, Baahaa

If the stats prove that Andrews is an alright player then the stats are rubbish! As for tackles he's never near enough to anyone to make one. If a player sweeps a ball 50 yards to a team mate it counts as a pass. If he passes it 2 yards to one it counts as a pass. That's how good stats are.No stats can make Andrews a premiership player.

Tackles won

1 Steven N'Zonzi 41

2 Keith Andrews 34

8 El Hadji Diouf 19

11 Vincenzo Grella 13

12 Brett Emerton 12

16 David Dunn 5

Successful passes %

Emerton 76

Grella 71

Diouf 69

N'Zonzi 69

Andrews 65

Dunn 63

Pedersen 55

Like the one he played to Diouf, no one within 10 yards of him and hi missed Diouff by at least 20 yards :wacko:

If the stats prove that Andrews is an alright player then the stats are rubbish! As for tackles he's never near enough to anyone to make one. If a player sweeps a ball 50 yards to a team mate it counts as a pass. If he passes it 2 yards to one it counts as a pass. That's how good stats are.No stats can make Andrews a premiership player.

Hey! He was even better last year!

Player...Passes...% successful

Warnock .... 1395... 69

Nelsen........ 1048... 71

Andrews..... 960... 74

Pedersen... 872... 54

Samba........ 864... 69

Diouf......... 779... 72

Grella........ 664... 72

Emerton..... 611... 76

McCarthy... 435... 69

Roberts..... 381... 78

Givet......... 334... 69

Dunn......... 299... 69

Olsson........ 150... 73

Reid........... 146... 77

Zurab......... 106... 79

Like the one he played to Diouf, no one within 10 yards of him and hi missed Diouff by at least 20 yards :wacko:

I blame Diouf's lack of anticipation.

Tackles won

1 Steven N'Zonzi] 41

8 El Hadji Diouf 19

11 Vincenzo Grella 13

12 Brett Emerton 12

16 David Dunn 5

2 Keith Andrews 3.4

Successful backward and sideways passes %

Andrews 65

That's more like it.

Never has the adage lies, damn lies and statistics been more apt!

Baaa...

This season your favourite son started 12 out of 17 matches to the end of November and was substitute in the other 5.

Since the start of December Andrews has started only 3 out of 14 matches, has been substitute in 8 (3 of which he was not used), and has been omitted from the squad entirely in 3 matches. Whether that was because of injury I do not know.

Now that's what I call well and truly falling out of favour.

withstupid.gifwithstupid.gif

To spell it out further for you, it's obvious that the manager has finally realised Andrews's limitations and will now only pick him for the starting XI when absolutely necessary.

I'm sure the majority of fans would agree with me in hoping that he is sold in the summer.

Revised, now started 3 out of the past 15 matches.

Out of favour, out of his depth and hopefully out of the Ewood door this summer.

Against Stoke Samba gets sent off. Sam's reply? Take off DiSanto and put on the incompetent loser Andrews. At that point it's game over. When will Sam ever learn?? Dunn, Grella etc get injured all the time. Please God let Andrews break his leg so Sam doesnt have the option of bringing on that worthless lump.

Revised, now started 3 out of the past 15 matches.

Out of favour, out of his depth and hopefully out of the Ewood door this summer.

Just keeping this updated in case the Irish twit jonnolad returns.

Andrews has now started 4 out of the past 16 matches. That's what I call out of favour.

On the basis of last night's performance would anyone pick him for the Bolton match ?

Just keeping this updated in case the Irish twit jonnolad returns.

Andrews has now started 4 out of the past 16 matches. That's what I call out of favour.

On the basis of last night's performance would anyone pick him for the Bolton match ?

Yes, actually. He wasn't as bad as some make out and put some really good balls into spaces where players could run on to them. He might not be the most talented but he did his job last night as well as anyone could expect.

I've seen him play awfully and commented on it but when he does play well (like the second half at West Ham) he deserves praise.

Is getting a bit boring how certain fans witch hunt this guy... do you think he goes out to perform poorly?? I wish people would get off his back its yet ANOTHER embarrasing display by a proportion of our fans (racist chanting / booing former good players aka bellamy, warnock)... Hes doing his job to the best ofhis ability...

It says more about our fans than it does about him... the way some of you react towards him (i.e. getting personal).

I actually think he played OK last night and in other games I have seen he puts in a shift, unlike players such as Mccarthy / Roberts (and there names have been chanted by fans!)

Its not his fault if he is getting picked.

i am one of the biggest Andrew's "bashers" around, BUT if he played every game like he played last night he would convince alot more fans! he put in tackles yesterday and did his job well, i cant remember shouting "andrew's you useless twa*" so he must have been ok! :rolleyes:

Archived