BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

The top of the page suggests you're in a small minority America.

I know, I know blah, blah. :) I'm only having a bit of fun.

Nah, not obsessive mhead.

Just got a viewpoint that more and more people are beginning to agree with.

No, no Den - the percentage of "keepers" is definitely on the rise! B)

Hasta

that just has to be the biggest classic ever. A man who, in the colours of the shirt he wears and doesnt get the support he may crave, goes out and scores the winning goal against the hatred enemy, condemning them to the drop as well.

You couldnt write the script could you ?

Even me, his most fervent of detractors, he would have to be given the ultimate status of "legend" just for scoring against them.

I do sincerley hope he writes that piece of history. I would even wear his name on my shirt for a season if he did !!!

It would be worth the trip over just to see that 1864!!!

I might get a shirt with Andrews on it.

He epitomises Blackburn Rovers. Punching above his weight, enjoying it and showing no signs of giving up.

Hey, this is a great idea - it might catch on. I'm getting one for my birthday - definitely!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted KEEP

the guy is a trier, he's not just there for a free ride.

We shouldn't be hounding players like Keith out of the club.

Now let me add a bit of common sense to this by saying that if Keith want to go or if somebody wants to buy him thn I don't think we should stand in his way, but I'm embarassed to see that we are even having a poll on here as to whether one of our players should stay or go.

We should support all our players.

He's committed no crime nor sullied the name of the club in the red tops - why should we be trying to get rid of him?

If he has inadequcies as a player then it's up to Sam to decide if he should be moved on.

Can you imagine the headlines & the fun other supporters would have if it was to emerge that "Rovers player is forced out because of online poll?"

Give him a break.

I think we all know Keith limitations & I think Keith knows them as well.

Hounding him this way isn't going to help anything at all.

I voted KEEP

the guy is a trier, he's not just there for a free ride.

We shouldn't be hounding players like Keith out of the club.

Now let me add a bit of common sense to this by saying that if Keith want to go or if somebody wants to buy him thn I don't think we should stand in his way, but I'm embarassed to see that we are even having a poll on here as to whether one of our players should stay or go.

We should support all our players.

He's committed no crime nor sullied the name of the club in the red tops - why should we be trying to get rid of him?

If he has inadequcies as a player then it's up to Sam to decide if he should be moved on.

Can you imagine the headlines & the fun other supporters would have if it was to emerge that "Rovers player is forced out because of online poll?"

Give him a break.

I think we all know Keith limitations & I think Keith knows them as well.

Hounding him this way isn't going to help anything at all.

I completely agree. There's no reason to hound him or boo him. I somehow think that isn't going to happen again though. His display against Bolton just made a clear point that he is a very useful member of the team. I can't honestly think of another player who could have done what Keith did in our squad. He isn't the best but by god he gives all he's got.

I don't mean to be overly cynical, but Andrews has to keep his head down and try his heart out because he's a technically limited player. It's like if any of us were plucked from obscurity and chosen to play PL football week in week out. We'd count our blessings for the opportunity and make the most of it. If Andrews was a gifted player who could consistently compete in the PL, he'd be keeping his eye out for a big move and dissent when the manager drops him or chops his position about. Keith knows he isn't going to much better than this, which is why he's happy to play along.

Just giving some perspective here.

I don't mean to be overly cynical, but Andrews has to keep his head down and try his heart out because he's a technically limited player. It's like if any of us were plucked from obscurity and chosen to play PL football week in week out. We'd count our blessings for the opportunity and make the most of it. If Andrews was a gifted player who could consistently compete in the PL, he'd be keeping his eye out for a big move and dissent when the manager drops him or chops his position about. Keith knows he isn't going to much better than this, which is why he's happy to play along.

Just giving some perspective here.

He still deserves our support though.

I completely agree. There's no reason to hound him or boo him.

I agree that no-one should boo him, but that's football - always has been, always will be. Those guys being booed just have to get on with it.

Why does he get booed though? Anyone?

And he gets it from 99% of our fan base. We criticise him here, but it's not like we're all booing him on a Saturday. If any other player played as consistently poorly over the course of their time at the club, they'd receive the same criticism.

Also, I'd say Pedersen has been targeted far more than Andrews this season, despite playing better.

If he scores against Bumley I can see the 2 new threads...

Keith Andrews...campaign to make Player of the Season

& Keith Andrews...stop this Clown becoming Player of Season(started inevitably by Den)

reminds me of Man City away last season..." You've got Robinho - we've got Keith Andrews"

When he scores against Bumley..."You've got relegation - now you can have Keith Andrews"

You are joking are you not? Fowler was not worth the risk and everyone on here told him so at the time. There may not have been a fee for Simpson but let's not forget the performances which were disastrous. Villanueva hardly played a Premier League game all season. Grella hardly played last season or this-did Ince bother with a medical? The guy lasted to half-time in his first game and was rarely seen again! And Andrews was a regular starter. Result---in the relegation zone in late November and 5 points from safety. Lets not forget either the players we sold. In conclusion Ince's transfer dealings WERE bad, very bad.

You are joking are you not?

Fowler was worth the risk. He cost practically nothing and no doubt passed some experience on to the younger players. It didn't come off for us in the end, but I would still take the risk again, if it had come off he would have been very useful and there was a chance it could have worked.

Upon signing simpson everyone was excited at the prospect. Sticking with him was the problem, but that was down to his management skills, not his transfer skills. You seem to be confusing the two. I accept he was a poor manager, I just don't think he gets the little amount of credit he deserves in the transfer market.

Grella is the best central midfielder at the club and future injuries don't tend up to show on medicals.

Andrews was a regular starter because of injuries, otherwise he would have been on the bench and as most people can see he deserves to be there.

Ince's transfer dealings were good. He just couldn't get them playing because he wasn't a good enough manager. That is a totally different side though. Awful management, decent in the transfer market. Robinson and Grella in, utility squad man in Andrews, Fowler, Simpson and Villanueva didn't pay off. 50% success rate with Robinson and Andrews on the cheap (look at how much other teams pay for their substitute central midfielders and also look that his value has gone up), Grella an astute signing if he stays fit, and the other 3 not much money lost and there was potential in all three. I's say thats not bad.

Thanks mhead.

10332 replies on here so far. They're not all mine. smile.gif

That's views den.

Add this Andrews topic to the old one, and you've posted 196 times on the subject!

That's more than anyone else including your mate Jonno. xmas.gif

That's views den.

Add this Andrews topic to the old one, and you've posted 196 times on the subject!

That's more than anyone else including your mate Jonno. xmas.gif

Ah yes Tris, but Jonno doesn't post anywhere else.

Do I take it that if we agreed about KA, my posting wouldn't be a problem to you? :)

The following statistics are taken from the Telegraph web page which provides statistics on all Blackburns players

Tackles completed

Nonzi 1st place 44 Andrews second place 41

Passes

Nonzi 1st place 984 Andrews 5th place 573

Shots

Nonzi 4th place 20 Andrews 11th place 13th

What possible conclusions can we draw from this set of figures

Nonzi is a talent and making a significant contribution to the side

Andrews is no where near as bad as some people would make him out and is making a suprisingly positive contribution to the side.

You cant trust statistics and I never did like the telegraph anyway

The following statistics are taken from the Telegraph web page which provides statistics on all Blackburns players

. . .

You cant trust statistics and I never did like the telegraph anyway.

Sam's objective is to win. With that in mind, he'll disregard everyone and play ugly hoofball, despite the alleged loss of fan support. Would a person like that play someone whom he thought was detrimental to the squad? I think not. The grief Andrews takes is largely undeserved. But because it is so irrational and wide spread, and unlikely to let up, he should consider going elsewhere for his mental health's sake.

Unless he scores against Burnley. In that case he'll become St. Keith the Martyr and his persecutors Pontius Pilate and Judas rolled into one.

Nonzi is a talent and making a significant contribution to the side

N'Zonzi. :)

Interesting statistics though. I looked at the Guardian chalkboard for the Bolton game and N'Zonzi's passing is well ahead of everyone else. I now see why Sam was reluctant to push him back into the defence.

If he scores against Bumley I can see the 2 new threads...

Keith Andrews...campaign to make Player of the Season

Keef has just been called up to the Ireland squad: B)http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1974397,00.html

Here's a fun idea..........if he scores the winner against Burnley we could give him the Tugay treatment............everyone turns up to the next home game wearing an Ireland shirt with Keef on the back. How good would that be?

I'm just sorry i won't be there to see it! B)

I agree that no-one should boo him, but that's football - always has been, always will be. Those guys being booed just have to get on with it.

Why does he get booed though? Anyone?

Because he was purchased by Ince...

Keef still has to go in the summer!

but a big thanks must go to him for showing up Bolton and in particular Kevin Davies on sunday for showing them as championship players pretending to be premiership players.

Thank god Allardyce didnt sign Davies along with Beattie and few other muppets he was after.

The standard has to be higher, couldnt give two hoots about money or lack of it, Rovers and Allardyce must do better.

Just what I expected.

Grella, Robinson don't get booed. So why does KA get booed?

Beats me. Grella cost four times as much and plays a quarter of the time, yet he doesn't get booed. Which one has been better value for the club?

I guarantee that it's less to do with Ince and more to do with background. Andrews is no worse than Mokoena but while the latter was laughed at he certainly wasn't booed by his own fans. If we'd purchased Andrews from abroad I'm almost certain he wouldn't receive this treatment.

People have their own preconceptions about where players come from, almost akin to class warfare ("buy first division players, get first division football"). While undoubtedly true that Andrews isn't good enough for this level the fact is his league two status killed him. As soon as it became clear that he wasn't good enough it became the stick to beat him with. When it became clear the likes of Rigters (NAC Brada) wasn't good enough we just forgot about it and chalked it down to a bad buy. He didn't get booed for it.

Furthermore, Andrews suffers because he's clearly a bit too good not to play at all and not good enough to be a Prem starter. Danny Simpson (Manchester United), for example, never got such harsh treatment because he was simply too crap to annoy people on a weekly basis. Same with the likes of Bruno Berner. If Andrews was simply too shocking to get out of the reserves nobody would really say anything. As it is, he's "the worst player to ever play for us" ra ra ra.

Archived