BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

His 'tackle' on Drogba led to the first goal, and it could have easily been 2-0 when he let Anelka just stroll away unmarked. Really has to put in a shift just to keep up in this league.

In all fairness though,i didn`t see anybody else looking to fill the gaping chasm left by Olsson`s ramaging run towards the by-line,Diouf should have been tracking back for that one...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't Andrews fault. It was made to look like it was his fault because he was the only one trying to remedy the situation.

The commentators were eulogising him. Robbie Earle in particular. He was being described as the type of player that any manager loves to have. His blocks at the end were great.

I think he is going to be around for a very long time. Try supporting him, you might enjoy it.

Loving the pro Andrews comments for a change on here :rover:

I said on the match thread yesterday that he got done by Anelka for their goal, but he more than made up for it late on.

His run in the team is also coinciding with our run of 1 defeat in 14 at home B)

an absolytely blinding goal line headed clearance that, arguably, wins us the point.

I think Brown had the last one covered, he was directly behind Andrews ah he headed it.

Fair play though 1st half he was poor, 2nd half he improved and did put one or two blocks/ tackles in.

It wasn't Andrews fault. It was made to look like it was his fault because he was the only one trying to remedy the situation.

It was partly - he got back and was in the correct place, then he just dived into the challenge and Anelka pulled the ball back like a pro against a kid.

His 'tackle' on Drogba led to the first goal, and it could have easily been 2-0 when he let Anelka just stroll away unmarked. Really has to put in a shift just to keep up in this league.

Wasn't his mistake against Anelka? The point I was making is he does "put in a shift", which some of our more skill full players sometimes don't

I think Brown had the last one covered, he was directly behind Andrews ah he headed it.

Fair play though 1st half he was poor, 2nd half he improved and did put one or two blocks/ tackles in.

It was partly - he got back and was in the correct place, then he just dived into the challenge and Anelka pulled the ball back like a pro against a kid.

Could it not be said that the whole team were poor in the 1st half and improved in the 2nd?

Or a world class player who has won international honours against a premier squad player!?

The commentators were eulogising him. Robbie Earle in particular. He was being described as the type of player that any manager loves to have. His blocks at the end were great.

I think he is going to be around for a very long time. Try supporting him, you might enjoy it.

If I'd have run past a forward like he did, I would be embarrassed.

Blocks were just about his only worthwhile contribution.

Enjoy watching Keef? Never, ever. I prefer watching class.

:)

If Andrews hadn't thrown himself in front of that shot at the end, it was game over. People could say that he was at fault for the Chelsea goal and you may be right, we'll never know. But I'm pretty sure if they'd not scored that chance, they would have scored later on, they wouldn't have sat back at 0-0 like they did at 1-0.

Good stuff Keef lad.

If Andrews hadn't thrown himself in front of that shot at the end, it was game over. People could say that he was at fault for the Chelsea goal and you may be right, we'll never know. But I'm pretty sure if they'd not scored that chance, they would have scored later on, they wouldn't have sat back at 0-0 like they did at 1-0.

Good stuff Keef lad.

There were at least two blocks (I think there was another one as well) shown on MOTD2 last night by Andrews. Both where he put himself in harms way to stop the ball. That's commitment that I don't think we get from everybody. As for him being at fault for the goal, slightly at fault but he was sprinting across the pitch to try to stop Anelka when there should have been Diouf in front of Anelka. Diouf did not track back and was much more culpable imo.

More Keef Banter to add to the other 28 pages of repetitive Keef banter. Unbelievable.

I think some people need to accept he ain't going anywhere fast and, with that in mind, we should just get behind the lad when he's picked to play.

He's not the most gifted. Correct. But he always gives 100% and he's a damn sight more committed to the Rovers cause than a lot of the 'supporters' on here that put so much of their energy into slagging him off.

Why not focus that same energy more positively and get behind Keef and – above all – Rovers...?

Or a world class player who has won international honours against a premier squad player!?

World class or not - its no excuse not to get your tackle right...didnt stop our youth team kid did it?! :rock:

Andrews has no excuses for missing that tackle...it was crap

Yes he improved & yes he got 2 good blocks in later on....no denying that.

Andrews had no need to make a challenge and should have got himself between the Chelsea player and the Rovers goal, at best forcing the Chelsea player to make a mistake and concede possession or at worst conceding a corner. His action was brainless and stupid.

But he always gives 100% and he's a damn sight more committed to the Rovers cause than a lot of the 'supporters' on here that put so much of their energy into slagging him off.

Oh I really doubt that. Are you sure?

If I'd have run past a forward like he did, I would be embarrassed.

Blocks were just about his only worthwhile contribution.

Enjoy watching Keef? Never, ever. I prefer watching class.

:)

Yeah, it's really embarrassing getting turned by Anelka.

I'm sure it's the first time he has managed to do it to someone.

He shouldn't have been the one trying to tackle Anelka but because other players didn't track back, he was forced to attempt to get a tackle in. Unfortunately he didn't pull it off but he did put two fantastic blocks in which helped us get a fantastic draw.

I think people need to stop being annoying now and get off his back. He was better than quite a few players yesterday yet no one seems to be slating any of them.

I am well and truly in the den camp for this one, and everyone else knows that I have little time for our keith.

Through the seasons since he has been with us I have deemed him not good enough to wear our shirt, I stand by that view.

I have given him stick and have praised him on the odd occasion.

Yesterday he was at fault for not tackling or staying with Anelka allowing the freebie for dogbreath to slot home the chelsea goal.

After that error lets look at everything else he contributed to the game.

he didnt win any tackles because more often than not he ran past the player/ball leaving himself stranded. He cannot read the game and agasint the likes of Lampard and Mikel, he was on a loser from the off.

He didnt win a header.

His pointing and shouting is commendable. I grant his endeavour/fervour is something that should be rife amongst a team with spirit like ours, hosever, endeavour and spirit are sometimes not enough.

His passing is sometimes shocking and he gives the ball away far too much.

In his defensive role he flatters to deceive, yes he got his ears on a dogbreath shot and he slipped for the other one he blocked, but his misplay or misreading or the game leaves Rovers wide open through the middle.

On Sunday, Rovers play arguably the most important Derby match for years. I would love to come on here, drunk and ecstatic ater the match to praise his heroism as he scores the winning goal, it really would make him a legend in my eyes because anyone who scores a goal against themin a Rovers shirt is a legend.

So come on Keith, show us doubters what your made of. Point your way to a goal to send the Rovers hordes into ecstacy on Sunday lunchtime, then come all the way to the adoring fans and point us upwards and the dingles downwards.

Because it was Anelka, it was OK?

Seriously, what was he doing?

You are right it was an error of judgement.However over the 90 minutes I think Andrews had a good game yesterday. His passing was good, his support play was just what the manager would have wanted and his anticipation on 2 occasions was spot on to block the shots of Lampard and Drogba.Most players during the course of a game will make errors and will do good things too. Olsson and Nzonzi are 2 good examples of that from yesterday. I am not claiming that Andrews is a top player but he does enough in a game on a regular basis to be considered for selection.

Since Den has been endlessly repeating himself in this thread (2nd biggest poster behind Hughesy) I think you're trying to talk to a brick wall, TGB.

We all know Den's feelings on Andrews but he likes to keep us updated just to ensure we haven't perhaps forgotten.

Someone has to be the biggest poster ADB. I think you'll find that I'm in the majority with my views?

As some bloke sat three or four rows behind me yesterday shouted at him - "thank you Paul Bloody Ince". :lol:

Archived