Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Keith he was very good yesterday, sizably better than NZonzi. Made a couple of excellent passes and an extremely good block. Over the last three games he has improved. Good to see and should be applauded.

Hopefully he can kick on a bit further over the last few games.

edit- just read back over the last two pages and suprised that so many feel he was awful. He did get turned by Anelka but that was much less of an offence than NZonzi giving the ball away multiple times.

It is unlikely he is going to be brilliant but I find it a bit sad that so few are willing to give him credit for improving recently which is plain to see.

I have to say I didn't notice him one way or the other yesterday. The Anelka thing was hardly unique as many of our players seem to have been turned like that this season, and it could easily have been a penalty and sending off if not executed perfectly. The blocks at the end were crucial and I didn't see anyone else diving into the danger zone. In between those, I didn't notice him do anything too bad. N'Zonzi however was a different matter. Gave it away far too often and was too quick to pass the buck with a backwards or sideways pass. Emerton also has been non-existent this season. Given the manager's preference for 5 in midfield and our limited transfer budget, I suspect we are condemned to a group of crocks, pensioners and pedestrian midfielders for some time to come, no matter how often people post on here complaining otherwise.

I have to say I didn't notice him one way or the other yesterday. The Anelka thing was hardly unique as many of our players seem to have been turned like that this season, and it could easily have been a penalty and sending off if not executed perfectly. The blocks at the end were crucial and I didn't see anyone else diving into the danger zone. In between those, I didn't notice him do anything too bad. N'Zonzi however was a different matter. Gave it away far too often and was too quick to pass the buck with a backwards or sideways pass. Emerton also has been non-existent this season. Given the manager's preference for 5 in midfield and our limited transfer budget, I suspect we are condemned to a group of crocks, pensioners and pedestrian midfielders for some time to come, no matter how often people post on here complaining otherwise.

First I noticed him was when he sprinted over to celebrate with Diouf. Fastest he'd moved all day, too.

Hughesy 38

den 29

Topman 25

Surely in 29 posts you could have made a point enough times for everyone to know what you feel? :lol:

And as for "someone has to be top" - no they don't. Everyone could contribute 1/2/3/4/5 times each and we'd all have learnt the same things we know now. :)

And yet you yourself still find the need to reply. Funny, that.

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF

i love it when people slag him off because it makes me aware of who not to bother talking to about football.

And vice versa imo. Fact is that KA cannot trap a wet sandbag so if thats a footballer in your mind then the likes of Tugay, Ronaldo, Rooney etc must be useless tossers. As for his headed block in the last 5 mins... marvellous! I could have kissed him..... But a pit prop would have performed the same function.

And vice versa imo. Fact is that KA cannot trap a wet sandbag so if thats a footballer in your mind then the likes of Tugay, Ronaldo, Rooney etc must be useless tossers. As for his headed block in the last 5 mins... marvellous! I could have kissed him..... But a pit prop would have performed the same function.

nobody is comparing him to the likes of those players, but if somebody can't see him for what he is (a decent squad player who will come in when called upon and give his all in any position) then it's pointless talking to them.

had jones been the man to head that ball off the line i'm quite sure your reaction would have been different and you would not be making the bit prop comment. bit props aren't allowed in football, so we have to make do with players who will try their hardest to get into positions to stop the ball going in. i'm sorry he was stood where the ball was kicked and not badly positioned requiring him to have to put more effort in to clear it, for then he would have been a hero, no?

incidentally, i do understand the irony of this post, since i originally said i know who not to bother to talk to about football when the andrews boo boys come out to play and here i am talking to one of them.

therefore this is my last statement on the subject (until the next game, or unless someone says something particularly idiotic)

nobody is comparing him to the likes of those players, but if somebody can't see him for what he is (a decent squad player who will come in when called upon and give his all in any position) then it's pointless talking to them.

You'll be talking to the minority of fans then Braddock, don't you think?

You'll be talking to the minority of fans then Braddock, don't you think?

To be fair, would anybody really argue that he doesn't give it his all in any position? Surely even the majority of his detractors would admit that.

I think the one reasonable point is that if somebody more 'popular' had made those two blocks they would have received a lot more praise. If it had been Big Colin Hendry people would have been bringing out 'magnificent' and 'lionheart' descriptions. As it is, praise for those pivotal blocks has been begrudging - 1864 even suggested that he slipped!

Complete Unity is called for on Sunday and EVERY player has to know WE are behind them!

Many of us will not be able to wipe a smile from our faces for weeks WHEN 'our Keef' scores the winner

AND whisper it ....then enters the Hall of Fame. 31 years and counting on April 13th 2010.

To be fair, would anybody really argue that he doesn't give it his all in any position?

No, me neither. I'm a bit amazed that this is brought up as his main strength though. We do need a bit more than that don't we?

As it is, praise for those pivotal blocks has been begrudging - 1864 even suggested that he slipped!

:lol:

Hughesy 38

den 29

Topman 25

Just a quick up-date on the BRFCS Keith "Premier League" Andrews posting/pointing league table!!

Hughesy been quiet on this subject, saving his legs for the home straight most likely, Den's moved up two posts to move an easily attainable 7 behind Hughesy. Sneaking up in the rear, keeping pace with Den, is Topman with a cheeky couple of witty replies, gaining him two more posts in the title race.

Hughesy 38

Den 31

Topman 27

Title odds available on bet365.

Curiously where's Jonnolad in the title race? He must have the most surely?

600 replies, almost 12000 views and to my reckoning, 158 different people have had their say.

My 31 posts pale into insignificance when the whole picture is seen. {how did Hughesy get so high - I don't remember him saying anything]. So, lots of interest, but quite a boring topic?

600 replies, almost 12000 views and to my reckoning, 158 different people have had their say.

My 31 posts pale into insignificance when the whole picture is seen. {how did Hughesy get so high - I don't remember him saying anything]. So, lots of interest, but quite a boring topic?

i think it's more to do with the fact that people tend to understand the amazingness of keeeeeeef, sigh when they read some of the posts and then leave rolling their eyes.

Archived