BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Time He Went

Hughesy

685 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keith Stay or Go?

If Andrews scores against Burnley I'm fairly sure he'll win over the fans. Heck even McAteer was fairly well regarded solely on the basis of scoring vs the dingles.

Please note I mean win over the fans - i.e. they'll like the guy/regard him with fondness - rather than think he's any good. Kinda like your cousin/little brother who plays football with you - he might be useless but he tries hard and due to family ties you can't really bring yourself to dislike him even when he's inept.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for his headed block in the last 5 mins... marvellous! I could have kissed him..... But a pit prop would have performed the same function.

A pit prop maybe............but perhaps not too many pampered premiership players?

600 replies, almost 12000 views and to my reckoning, 158 different people have had their say.

My 31 posts pale into insignificance when the whole picture is seen. {how did Hughesy get so high - I don't remember him saying anything]. So, lots of interest, but quite a boring topic?

Of course, we should remember that this is the 2nd Keef thread; I think you posted over 100 times in the first one!

Of course, we should remember that this is the 2nd Keef thread; I think you posted over 100 times in the first one!

You can only protest if he was wrong. He isn't.

If KA wants to remain a squad member thats fine. If he plays it isn't.

You can only protest if he was wrong. He isn't.

If KA wants to remain a squad member thats fine. If he plays it isn't.

squad members play from time to time

keeeeef plays from time to time (usually when we have injuries or comes on as a sub)

what exactly don't you understand about squad players?

To be fair to Keith he was very good yesterday, sizably better than NZonzi. Made a couple of excellent passes and an extremely good block. Over the last three games he has improved. Good to see and should be applauded.

Hopefully he can kick on a bit further over the last few games.

edit- just read back over the last two pages and suprised that so many feel he was awful. He did get turned by Anelka but that was much less of an offence than NZonzi giving the ball away multiple times.

It is unlikely he is going to be brilliant but I find it a bit sad that so few are willing to give him credit for improving recently which is plain to see.

Well I praised him for Sunday so I have to condemn him for today. Bloody hell. I only watched the second half but Andrews was utter utterly toilet. Four misplaced passes, four late challenges, and diving away from the ball which allowed McFadden's goal.

Simply terrible.

Well I praised him for Sunday so I have to condemn him for today. Bloody hell. I only watched the second half but Andrews was utter utterly toilet. Four misplaced passes, four late challenges, and diving away from the ball which allowed McFadden's goal.

Simply terrible.

He's tosh. We all know it, but the unprecedented hostility towards him has invoked a group of sympathizers who enjoy taking the moral high ground in their feeble efforts to defend him (e.g. currently tallying the most vocal posters in this topic). Yes, he tries. I'd run my heart out for a fraction of his wages, but you need more to your game than that.

He's tosh. We all know it, but the unprecedented hostility towards him has invoked a group of sympathizers who enjoy taking the moral high ground in their feeble efforts to defend him (e.g. currently tallying the most vocal posters in this topic). Yes, he tries. I'd run my heart out for a fraction of his wages, but you need more to your game than that.

I don't know if that's true. He did have a good game against Chelsea. No denying it. Same as that he had a terrible second half today.

I'm not really interested in running him down or building him up, just calling it as I see it.

On balance he justifies his place in the squad in my opinion. If we didn't have him we would struggle even more in the middle of the park due to injuries and poor form. That said it is hard to see how he is going to retain his place as we make signings unless he consistently performs on the level that he managed against Chelsea.

My money is he will feature much less for us next year but stay at the club.

Another average game from Andrews tonight that is sure to provoke hysterics in both camps.

well done to all 14 players tonight. No hysterics but what good is the constant rubbishing of Andrews doing he works hard gives us 90 mins whenever asked if we don't know certain peoples opinions on him by now we never will give it a break ffs. Oh by the way we won tonight and this is back near top of the page right away before any praise for any players there is criticism for Keith its boring now. although the defending in the wall was shocking.

Tonight KA brought nothing but chaos to Rovers starting 11. His efforts allowed a soft equaliser.

His job is as a midfielder, he is there to defend, to break up play and to create. He did create havoc for us and allowed big club time and space, something which we cannot afford on Sunday.

Tonight he was dross at worst and bloody SHYTE at best. GET RID NOW.

If Salgado ever has the energy to run around the entire perimeter of the pitch, taking the ball with him, will he pass it to Keith again?

Or, why did Keith watch Salgado run all around the outside of the pitch dribbling the football when absolutely knackered - then when Michelle passed to him, hoof it straight into touch? :lol:

Archived