BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

That they battered us, its should of been over in the 1st leg as they should of got 2 penalties & their famous atmosphere was loud last night and you could hear them singing non-stop for the full 90 minutes!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: YEAH OK!

Basically the Villa fans shat themselves last night and are trying to make themselves feel better because they, along with the media thought we were dead and buried at 1-0 down.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically the Villa fans shat themselves last night and are trying to make themselves feel better because they, along with the media thought we were dead and buried at 1-0 down.

I suspect at 8.15 there were lots of Villa fans fretting over losing deposits on coaches and hotels ....

Supporters must not be allowed onto the pitch otherwise fences will have to be installed.

Fences won't be installed cos of Hillsborough.

Your club will get severely reprimanded without a doubt.

There will have to be punishment meted out for that otherwise it will become the tip of the iceberg. Last time pitch invasion happened (WHU v Millwall) was the first time for a long time, there was punishment handed out. Obviously not strict enough cos it hasn't had any effect on your lot so I expect yours will be stricter and rightly so. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it actually now illegal to go onto the pitch?

I'm still going to cancel my Wembley weekend plans though cos you wont be chucked out (we wouldn't fill Wembley and tragically it's down to that :angry2: ) but if we were Man U / Arse / Spurs fan I'd be fully expecting to take your place. And rightly so.

As a collective you lot must be thick.

The West Ham pitch incursions are hardly comparable with last night’s celebrations. There may be a fine, there may not. The play off semi-final winners routinely invade the pitch, so a true measure would be to see whether these clubs are fined for celebratory pitch invasions.

I don't agree with any of your final paragraph. They seem like the ramblings of a Daily Mail reader.

Gabby should have been sent off!! The laws are quite clear, persistant infringement of the laws of the game, the ref blew up no less then 8 times for infringements from him, now if that is not persistant, tell me what is and he didnt even get a yellow, yet one foul from our lads and the yellows waved straight away!! As for the 'nudge' on Nelsen, every pundit on T/V saw it as a foul as did the commentator, the balls coming right on to Nelsens head, so why would he roll over and as the pundits said, that decision changed the game for Rovers were more likely at that stage to go 3 up than Villa score and with half time looming it would have been curtains for them!!

I can’t say I noticed any persistent fouling from anybody.

Foul or otherwise from Gabby, Nelson has got to stay on his feet. There wasn’t enough contact for an 11 stone bloke to nudge a 14 stone centre half over. At the opposite ebd you could understand him dropping over after feeling a nudge, but not when you’re defending the near post.

The fact is, you didn’t get the foul and we didn’t get the two penalties previously. Football is imperfect like that.

I also think its harsh by Sam to say Gabby deflected a shot that was going wide in with his hands. For a start it was on target and secondly the having Sky + it and watched it again after I got back, the Beeb showed a shot of the incident where it shows the ball flicking his hip.

I didn’t expect anything but finger pointing from the Fat Yam-Yam though. He’s always been the same.

does anyone know how many times rovers and villa have won the league title, going back before the premiership?? was talking to a friend about it is all, anyone???

We’ve won seven titles and prior to the start of the PL, you’d won two.

Foul or otherwise from Gabby, Nelson has got to stay on his feet. There wasn’t enough contact for an 11 stone bloke to nudge a 14 stone centre half over.

I didn’t expect anything but finger pointing from the Fat Yam-Yam though. He’s always been the same.

Nudge being two hands and pushing him unexpected from behind?! :blink:

As for Sam..... O'Neill didnt exactly give away much credit did he, was that because Sam tactically suprised him & he was let off by a poor referring decision?!

Foul or otherwise from Gabby, Nelson has got to stay on his feet. There wasn’t enough contact for an 11 stone bloke to nudge a 14 stone centre half over. At the opposite ebd you could understand him dropping over after feeling a nudge, but not when you’re defending the near post.

The fact is, you didn’t get the foul and we didn’t get the two penalties previously. Football is imperfect like that.

I also think its harsh by Sam to say Gabby deflected a shot that was going wide in with his hands. For a start it was on target and secondly the having Sky + it and watched it again after I got back, the Beeb showed a shot of the incident where it shows the ball flicking his hip.

There used to be a lot of fun and good sensible discussion to be had talking to the realistic Villa fans that have been coming on this site for years. Not now for some reason McAds?

Anyway, "Nelson has got to stay on his feet." point one - says who? Point two - try staying on your feet, when you're leaning forward waiting to get your head on the ball and someone pushes you in the back with both hands. Twenty stone guys couldn't do that.

You continue to mention the two penalties you should have had at Ewood. One of them would be when "Gabby" was booked for diving, when there was no contact eh?

Get real guys and stop coming over as real cocky prats.

you lot keep bollocking on about 2 penalties at Ewood yet never mention the two excellent efforts that hit the post and could have left you 2-1 down do you?

No, the same way as we don’t go on about the world class save Robinson made from a Gabby header late on our the one on one Young should have buried but missed. These are players not putting the ball away, same as you hitting the woodwork. When the Fat Yam-Yam comes out and starts whinging about the referee, then its quite right that we point out about the two penalty’s we should have had and the red card Chimbonda should have seen, as these are referee errors.

No, the same way as we don’t go on about the world class save Robinson made from a Gabby header late on our the one on one Young should have buried but missed. These are players not putting the ball away, same as you hitting the woodwork. When the Fat Yam-Yam comes out and starts whinging about the referee, then its quite right that we point out about the two penalty’s we should have had and the red card Chimbonda should have seen, as these are referee errors.

First 'penalty' - Diving cheating ######.

Second - would you have spotted that through about a dozen players? And I'll bet you wouldn't have minded THAT going in. The freekick was for a PUSH on Chimbo, not a mistaken handball identity.

There used to be a lot of fun and good sensible discussion to be had talking to the realistic Villa fans that have been coming on this site for years. Not now for some reason McAds?

Anyway, "Nelson has got to stay on his feet." point one - says who? Point two - try staying on your feet, when you're leaning forward waiting to get your head on the ball and someone pushes you in the back with both hands. Twenty stone guys couldn't do that.

You continue to mention the two penalties you should have had at Ewood. One of them would be when "Gabby" was booked for diving, when there was no contact eh?

Get real guys and stop coming over as real cocky prats.

Says every coach in the land. You play to the whistle; you have to ask why he’s fallen down under such slight contact. His first priority is to win the ball, irrespective on nudges and general argy bargy. He’s big enough to mix it up, so he’s got to be looking to stay on his feet at all costs.

As for the Gabby incident, there was definite contact and Samba gets nowehere near the ball. The Fat Yam-Yam cannot have it both ways, he cannot bemoan refereeing decisions that allowed us to score and not expect people to cry hypocrisy considering the benefit you had from the referee in the first leg.

No idea what your last line is about or the relevance of it.

First 'penalty' - Diving cheating ######.

Second - would you have spotted that through about a dozen players? And I'll bet you wouldn't have minded THAT going in. The freekick was for a PUSH on Chimbo, not a mistaken handball identity.

I spotted it from the other end of the pitch, as did five and half thousand other Villa fans doing their nuts. It was as blatant a handball as they come. Both were definite penalties. Clattenburg's syrup must have fallen into his eyes for him to have missed the second one.

Says every coach in the land. You play to the whistle; you have to ask why he’s fallen down under such slight contact. His first priority is to win the ball, irrespective on nudges and general argy bargy. He’s big enough to mix it up, so he’s got to be looking to stay on his feet at all costs.

As for the Gabby incident, there was definite contact and Samba gets nowehere near the ball. The Fat Yam-Yam cannot have it both ways, he cannot bemoan refereeing decisions that allowed us to score and not expect people to cry hypocrisy considering the benefit you had from the referee in the first leg.

No idea what your last line is about or the relevance of it.

I spotted it from the other end of the pitch, as did five and half thousand other Villa fans doing their nuts. It was as blatant a handball as they come. Both were definite penalties. Clattenburg's syrup must have fallen into his eyes for him to have missed the second one.

THE HANDBALL CAME AS A RESULT OF A PUSH!!! HENCE THE FREEKICK INSTEAD OF THE PENALTY!!

And Den is right. You used to be fun to talk to, but you do come across as a bit cocky today (not in THIS post, but today in general).

• Backroom

I've nothing against Villa but i would enjoy gareth Barry scoring the winner against them in the final see how cocky they are then, with a bit of justice Gabby will pick up a slight knock and miss the final. The guys a cheat.

You play to the whistle; you have to ask why he’s fallen down under such slight contact.

So biased it's untrue.

Nelsen isn't on the same level as your guys for falling over - coming from a Villa fan, that's hilarious.

Bring the original Villans back on here please, because this one has views that not one neutral backs up.

THE HANDBALL CAME AS A RESULT OF A PUSH!!! HENCE THE FREEKICK INSTEAD OF THE PENALTY!!

And Den is right. You used to be fun to talk to, but you do come across as a bit cocky today (not in THIS post, but today in general).

There was no push or foul on him. You’d have to be particularly myopic not to believe that it was anything other than a deliberate handball and a penalty. You were lucky not to have two sent off that day.

The internet is a hard medium to communicate emotion on. I'm not being cocky or trying to wind people up, just passing my opinions on how I saw the incidents we're all talking about.

So biased it's untrue.

Nelsen isn't on the same level as your guys for falling over - coming from a Villa fan, that's hilarious.

Bring the original Villans back on here please, because this one has views that not one neutral backs up.

As I said, I Sky + the game so I could watch it back after I’d got back in. Hansen and Southgate appear to share my view, that although it was a foul, Nelson has got to stay on his feet and clear the ball as the contact was not great enough for him to fall over in the way he did.

The West Ham pitch incursions are hardly comparable with last night's celebrations. There may be a fine, there may not. The play off semi-final winners routinely invade the pitch, so a true measure would be to see whether these clubs are fined for celebratory pitch invasions.

Seems like a more reasonable view of the events to me, mind you that won't stop some wanting to bring back hanging for pitch invasions
I don't agree with any of your final paragraph. They seem like the ramblings of a Daily Mail reader.

You've hit the nail on the head there McAds

The fact is we never looked the better side except the first 25 minutes last night. The annoying thing is that most of us believe that if we actually try and attack and play a bit we are a better side than we regularly show. Whilst Samba can look shaky in certain games, the second half last night shows that our defence is worryingly porous without him. Another annoying thing is, had he not got himself sent off and we had gone in at 2-2 last night, there is still enough to suggest we could have won that. Anyway, it's all if and buts. Fact is we are out. Good luck to Villa in the final. Would much rather they won it than either Manc club.

Olsson is obvious the big positive. He has to keep that left sided midfield berth whether we play 4 in the midfield of 5. His obvious energy and enthusiasm is something we haven't seen much of this season.

That grim morning-after feeling that we all have this morning is probably due to the fact that it is still well in January and all we have to look forward to is a grim grind of a battle to avoid the drop. Then again, there is the 27th March. :rover:

• Backroom

Say all you like a pitch invasion of that for winning a carling cup semi does seem small time. shows how far Villa have fallen since their heyday

Say all you like a pitch invasion of that for winning a carling cup semi does seem small time. shows how far Villa have fallen since their heyday

There’s been quite a few pitch invasions down the years, one of the previous ones being in the semi-final against Trammere in the very competition back in 1994.

We haven’t been to Wembley in ten years and as you say, we fell massively in that time, with the nadir of the Ellis era being painful stuff indeed. But Wembley is the place where everybody wants to be and if people want to celebrate with a pitch invasion then why not? If my seat were in a lower tier I’d have probably gone on the hallowed turf.

Mods - may I suggest a red card for this deluded idiot?

1st pen - he began diving BEFORE any contact.

2nd pen - ref blew for a foul BEFORE handball.

Result - MON bemoans and moans and moans some more.

Nelson WAS pushed, his heels might also have been clipped too.

Milner's shot WAS going wide, until it WAS deflected off Agbon's arms.

Result - SA moans.

Fine to have your one sided fans views, but go and do one onto a Villa forum, and leave us to lick our wounds.

Villa Park for the last match of the season anyone? Who knows we may end up with 11 players left on the pitch!

I've nothing against Villa but i would enjoy gareth Barry scoring the winner against them in the final see how cocky they are then, with a bit of justice Gabby will pick up a slight knock and miss the final. The guys a cheat.

And of course t'Rovers fans weren't at all 'cocky' last night when they were 2 nil up goading all and sundry..... what goes round comes around in this nasty little world we all live in :)

There’s been quite a few pitch invasions down the years, one of the previous ones being in the semi-final against Trammere in the very competition back in 1994.

We haven’t been to Wembley in ten years and as you say, we fell massively in that time, with the nadir of the Ellis era being painful stuff indeed. But Wembley is the place where everybody wants to be and if people want to celebrate with a pitch invasion then why not? If my seat were in a lower tier I’d have probably gone on the hallowed turf.

McAds - firstly let me congratulate Villa on their victory.

Think i missed a trick with half time underwear sales last night - as all your lot around me had very clearly shat themselves at the end of the first 20.

I have no issue with the pitch invasion - was celebratory and showed some passion on what was an emotional night for your fans. First Wembley appearance since goodness knows when - and underachievers based on the dizzy heights of the early 80's side. I just had one concern where of the lads who ran on from the North Stand faced up to Pederson for all of about 30 seconds before he was hounded away by a steward - he then proceeded to gaud one of the other plays - not sure who this was. But it is this sort of idiot that gives your club a bad name. And it only takes one.

One other point - Villa fans are some of the most fickle i have ever met - and they all know it and agree to it. But i wish you luck for the final.

Mods - may I suggest a red card for this deluded idiot?

1st pen - he began diving BEFORE any contact.

2nd pen - ref blew for a foul BEFORE handball.

Result - MON bemoans and moans and moans some more.

Nelson WAS pushed, his heels might also have been clipped too.

Milner's shot WAS going wide, until it WAS deflected off Agbon's arms.

Result - SA moans.

Fine to have your one sided fans views, but go and do one onto a Villa forum, and leave us to lick our wounds.

Villa Park for the last match of the season anyone? Who knows we may end up with 11 players left on the pitch!

I've seen the replay’s for all of them and other than agreeing it was a foul on Nelson, I think you've got all of the points completely wrong.

Archived