BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Semi Final 2Nd Leg

philipl

And thats how it should be TV

I would now want Villa to go on and beat whchever mank team makes it to Wembley.

The only thing about the antogonism I agree with is that the ref was poor.

Cant grumble about the penalty or sending off.

Cant grumble about some lacklustre defending.

Cant grumble about Rovers performance.

cant grumble about Villas pace up front.

In fact, I thought the game was simpy a pure spectacle of two teams who just wouldnt give up in their quest for glory.

The only thing I find myself thinking about is just what might have happened IF Rovers had managed to score two goals at Ewood instead of the post ??

I dont go along with all the petty bitching between the fans, Villa deserved it at the end so good luck to you.

PS MON any chance of swapping Andrews for Sidwell ???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a couple of points for the Villa fans.

My last word on the Nelsen- Agbonlahor incident. If Nelsen had have pushed the Villa player with the same amount of force and he'd missed the cross would you expect the ref to give a penalty. Honest answers would be nice.

We've played Villa 4 times and ended up with 10 men in 3 of those games. As far as I know they're our only sendings off.

Any answers lads ?

Thanks Lad. Good luck in the final hope you do it for Friedel and Warnock.

Nice to hear that about Pedersen, a good touch from him. I hope you're right about Kalinic being a star of the future because I think so too. He's getting better and better as time goes on and he loves scoring against Villa already. 3 goals in 2 games and could have had 5. Once again good luck.

And thats how it should be TV

I would now want Villa to go on and beat whchever mank team makes it to Wembley.

Indeed and thanks, I would like to think most neutals would be behind us over either of the Manc's, with all our English lads especially.

PS MON any chance of swapping Andrews for Sidwell ???

We will pass on Andrew's thanks but you'd be welcome to Sidwell, many Villa fans view him in a similar way to you guys see Andrew's.

Any answers lads ?

As I said not really here to debate these things, there are things that could be disputed from both games. I didn't see it last night at the game and I was behind that goal, until I watch the game again I can't give an answer. If it was a foul or I think it was when I watch it I will say so though I call it like I see it mate, which is why I've already said I think Young goes down too easy.

OK, there's been about a million pages since I last visited the thread so don't really know exactly what's been said. But I just wanted to say:

how incredible our fans were on Wednesday, the atmosphere was fantastic.

Sam got his tactics spot on, especially in exploiting the weakness down their right side. Unfortunately, he couldn't plan for Samba getting himself sent off.

Which brings me to: why on earth did Samba dive in? Even if you win the ball there, you stand a good chance of being sent off. If he'd have stood up, knocked him off balance a bit and tried to get his body in the way, then the shot might not have come anyway. Even if it did, then Robbo might have saved it or it might have gone wide. Instead, we conceded a penatly and got a man sent off. It was his rush of blood to the head that lost us the game :(

Saying this, the first goal should have been a free kick.

We played better football in those first 25 minutes than we played through the vast, vast majority of Hughes's reign. We were excellent.

Finally, I'm sorry Villa fans, but I'll be haunted by visions of what might have been if you win the final. Therefore, I'm going to have to route for the other team...

OK, there's been about a million pages since I last visited the thread so don't really know exactly what's been said. But I just wanted to say:

how incredible our fans were on Wednesday, the atmosphere was fantastic.

Sam got his tactics spot on, especially in exploiting the weakness down their right side. Unfortunately, he couldn't plan for Samba getting himself sent off.

Which brings me to: why on earth did Samba dive in? Even if you win the ball there, you stand a good chance of being sent off. If he'd have stood up, knocked him off balance a bit and tried to get his body in the way, then the shot might not have come anyway. Even if it did, then Robbo might have saved it or it might have gone wide. Instead, we conceded a penatly and got a man sent off. It was his rush of blood to the head that lost us the game :(

Saying this, the first goal should have been a free kick.

We played better football in those first 25 minutes than we played through the vast, vast majority of Hughes's reign. We were excellent.

Finally, I'm sorry Villa fans, but I'll be haunted by visions of what might have been if you win the final. Therefore, I'm going to have to route for the other team...

Ok, you do that. If you like I'll send you a programme from Wembley and you can pass it on to your kids if we lose to your beloved local rivals and say, ' here you go son, this could have been us, but as it wasn't I decided to follow a passionless, soulless team from Manchester rather than the team that deservedly beat us in the semi'. Good on ya.... And to think, people on here talking about MON being a bad winner.....Hmmmm..

Bad loser anyone.....???

Ok, you do that. If you like I'll send you a programme from Wembley and you can pass it on to your kids if we lose to your beloved local rivals and say, ' here you go son, this could have been us, but as it wasn't I decided to follow a passionless, soulless team from Manchester rather than the team that deservedly beat us in the semi'. Good on ya.... And to think, people on here talking about MON being a bad winner.....Hmmmm..

Bad loser anyone.....???

I think the vast majority of Rovers fans will be hoping Villa win the cup against one of the Manchester teams, definitely!

Good luck to Villa Holtenderinthesky.

ps. make sure Brad is between the sticks at Wembley and not that dodgy understudy. :brfc:

Wow, what an over-reaction.

It's more a turn of phrase. I'd prefer it if United got to the final and played an absolute blinder because, that way, it would feel as though we'd only have lost anyway. But really, I don't care an awful lot. I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

I'm disapointed we lost, mostly because the way we went from a huge high to a massive low. But I've not got anything against Villa.

Bad loser anyone.....???

Do you know... I was gonna root for Villa till I read that. Sorry Tom and Trent Villa .... Passionless soulless team it is then. :tu:

To be honest I think the task is beyond both of us anyway and best bit is it'll not cost me the biggest part of 500 quid just to see us lose. :P

Wow, what an over-reaction.

It's more a turn of phrase. I'd prefer it if United got to the final and played an absolute blinder because, that way, it would feel as though we'd only have lost anyway. But really, I don't care an awful lot. I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

I'm disapointed we lost, mostly because the way we went from a huge high to a massive low. But I've not got anything against Villa.

You know what? It's not easy for a bloke to admit he is wrong...but I got it wrong. I thought you were having a go, but you weren't, you were spot on with that idea that wanting the other team to win would be better cos "we would have lost anyway". I'd feel the same. Sorry chap. It's just I have heard so much bitterness towards us that I automatically assumed you were doing the same. You sound like a good chap, a proper footy fan, like the vast majority of Rovers fans I have met at Ewood or VP and like the vast majority of ours. So I'm sorry I jumped down your throat, I apologise. Good luck to Rovers and the rest of your season. Its not your fault there are so many glory hunters up your way that'd rather watch Man U on the tele than go and watch a real club like Rovers, Bolton, Wigan etc...( I almost said Burnley then, but I caught myself in time..).

P.S. kalinic will do well for you lot under the right manager. All the best.

That's a bit stiff, Holtenderinthesky. Why would you expect us to want to see the team that beat us win? We each love our own clubs, that's what football is about, isn't it? I'm proud to be a Rover and obviously you feel the same about Villa.

Personally don't fancy the other two either, Manchester United have more than enough trophies and we can't have City actually winning something, can we? Heigh Ho... <_<

Edit: gosh I'm going to have to quicken up here! have a good day at Wembley anyway!

You know what? It's not easy for a bloke to admit he is wrong...but I got it wrong. I thought you were having a go, but you weren't, you were spot on with that idea that wanting the other team to win would be better cos "we would have lost anyway". I'd feel the same. Sorry chap. It's just I have heard so much bitterness towards us that I automatically assumed you were doing the same. You sound like a good chap, a proper footy fan, like the vast majority of Rovers fans I have met at Ewood or VP and like the vast majority of ours. So I'm sorry I jumped down your throat, I apologise. Good luck to Rovers and the rest of your season. Its not your fault there are so many glory hunters up your way that'd rather watch Man U on the tele than go and watch a real club like Rovers, Bolton, Wigan etc...( I almost said Burnley then, but I caught myself in time..).

P.S. Kalinic will do well for you lot under the right manager. All the best and apologies again if I caused offence.

And of course t'Rovers fans weren't at all 'cocky' last night when they were 2 nil up goading all and sundry..... what goes round comes around in this nasty little world we all live in :)

Enough goading going on by your fans at the end of the first leg in the Lower Tier Darwen End as we were leaving though?

Ps Agbonlawhore is a cheat

Finally got home, totally knackered my lord!

Brilliant night, the Cap and Gown was bouncing before the game.

I knew Kalinic would come good, apparently i'm on telly after we scored going mental! Haven't seen it yet but got the game on the old sky plus so will watch it tomorrow.

From what I remember the turning point was the Warnock goal. Nelsen was fouled and the ref's a ###### my lord! Imo if we could og kept them out till half time I think we would of gone through. The Samba dismisal and penalty really hurt us but fairplay we battled and battled and we gave it everything! Such a same we lost but we had a right go.

I know we lost but full credit to our fans, we never stopped singing all game and for those of you who didn't go, I pity you as you missed a great match.

Gabby Gabby Gabby Agbonlahor, your mums a whore...your mums a whoooooooooooooooorrrreeee!

Good night my lord, good night!

I've just read that a bloke coming back fromVilla Park on a coach was bottle attacked and by the sounds of it from fellow Rovers fans who then scarpered if this is true i'm horrific to hear and i hope the culprit/culprits are caught as it certainly has no place in football or indeed any other walk of life!!!

I've just read that a bloke coming back fromVilla Park on a coach was bottle attacked and by the sounds of it from fellow Rovers fans who then scarpered if this is true i'm horrific to hear and i hope the culprit/culprits are caught as it certainly has no place in football or indeed any other walk of life!!!

Plenty of obnoxious 'race-obsessed' low life scum on coach 19 ... but no bottle attack.

Yeah I saw that - apparently all from the preston area. 2 men arrested.

Plenty of obnoxious 'race-obsessed' low life scum on coach 19 ... but no bottle attack.

Sa do say ES that I've had too many awaydays spoiled by such lowlifes that I no longer even think about following BRFC away from Ewood. The thought of being trapped on a coach with them for hours on end is even worse.

I might make an exception fot t'turf though. ;)

Sa do say ES that I've had too many awaydays spoiled by such lowlifes that I no longer even think about following BRFC away from Ewood. The thought of being trapped on a coach with them for hours on end is even worse.

I might make an exception fot t'turf though. ;)

Our coach might have been crappy (no.2) but there was nothing out of order happening on it.

Im as much of a Rovers fan as anyone but im not going to pretend that all those statements are accurate.

1st pen - he began diving BEFORE any contact.

It looked like a foul to me. If that had been against Rovers i would have been screaming for it. Was it a dive? yes, but it also looked like a foul

2nd pen - ref blew for a foul BEFORE handball.

Not as much of a shout as the first one, but im not sure there was much of a foul on chimbonda

Result - MON bemoans and moans and moans some more.

Which he has a right to and Sam did exactly the same after last night

Nelson WAS pushed, his heels might also have been clipped too.

Nelsen should have stood his ground, it was hardly a push. Even in the slo mo replays it barely looked like Agbonlahor touched him

Milner's shot WAS going wide, until it WAS deflected off Agbon's arms.

Looked like it came off his midrift and even if it had come off his arms it can hardly be seen as intentional as he was clearly trying to avoid the shot

Result - SA moans.

I actually thought Sam's remarks were pathetic. Blaming the ref when Samba was far more to blame. The push on Nelsen can be seen both ways, i personally didnt think it was a foul, at best its debateable. Hardly a stone wall foul and therefore you cannot really blame the ref too much for not giving it. MoN's remarks werent any better i might add. It was just a great match.

Overall thats how i saw it. We werent robbed by the ref in the second leg any more then we were helped by him in the first. Im proud of the effort our team showed and every Villa fan knows that they were given a much tougher game then any of them expected.

I think that's probably the most accurate assessment of all the incidents from both legs I've seen.

Can understand BFS not blaming Samba though - the big lad will know he's been a c0ck and won't need it rubbing in. Blaming the ref is as much about deflecting the criticism from Samba in my eyes.

Archived