BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Nicko - so the players have met with the potential owners in Dubai? What was the price, I must of missed that bit.....

I think the Marple Leaf chap's info on that may have been accurate, but that was a different 'Arab' to the one I know was contacted a week or so back.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Marple Leaf chap's info on that may have been accurate, but that was a different 'Arab' to the one I know was contacted a week or so back.

Most Rovers supporters are naturally concerned that somebody could come into Rovers and do something simular to what has happened at Pompey, man u and liverpool. Would you know if there is something within the trustees remit that could protect this from happening at Rovers? It also looks like that they were also told that ten years after Jack Walkers death, the trems could be relaxed. Or is it just a coincidence that the owners are pushing harder now for a sale - even though the club has been up for sale for awhile.

Who is the Arab that you know was contact a week ago?

Does he have the money to buy and invest rovers? Also would he keep John Williams in his job has Chairman?

It makes me smile that people desperately want to be in the Premier League but seem to want an ownership structure from a hundred years ago, as in some benevolent local man made good. Jack was a one-off even 20 years ago. Since then the money flooding into the Premier League has completely changed the equation.

If we want to stay at this level, we're going to have to put up with the kind of ownership that now comes with the territory. Either a businessman who isn't a fan but thinks he can make it pay, or some overseas entity who have something they want to promote to the watching hundreds of millions around the globe. Both more a lot risky than Billy Bancroft and his chums, but there are no other options in the multi-billion pound business that is the Premier League.

One thing is for sure: under a completely disinterested Trust, we won't be staying in this league for too much longer.

EIT I think we are seeing this through the same eyes - however as I have stated as a fan I don't want Rovers to be part of this nonsensical glamourship.

Why do pompey seem to have loads of interest people and we dont???

Like Al Fahim who bought it for a quid? Or Al Faraj who bought it for two quid?

Or the money lender Chainrai?

Or the 80 nosey b*******s who have paid to look at their accounts...and will run a mile?

There is NO comparison between Pompey and Rovers.

Feel free to rejoice about that.

do you think rovers might be sold by the end of the season?

The price seems fair now. I thought it was a bit high before...

It's still high enough to scare off jokers, so that should help.

But it's really down to whether Mister Right is out there. And that is something that only time will tell.

are you ever going to tell us who the Arab is who interest in buying rovers?????????????

The guy is still deciding whether to go for it. I don't want to mention too much more about the guy - and then it goes wrong or you get the blame if he gets scared off.

At the moment he is being advised to give it a try. So let's see how it runs.

I know he was considering another club but has written that one off after making inquiries.

So there is a chance he will go for it with Rovers.

The guy is still deciding whether to go for it. I don't want to mention too much more about the guy - and then it goes wrong or you get the blame if he gets scared off.

At the moment he is being advised to give it a try. So let's see how it runs.

I know he was considering another club but has written that one off after making inquiries.

So there is a chance he will go for it with Rovers.

Lets hope he take a chance on buying rovers. Hope he's not like Al Fahim or Faraj??? Dont think anybody could be like them two. wait and see.

Lets hope he take a chance on buying rovers. Hope he's not like Al Fahim or Faraj??? Dont think anybody could be like them two. wait and see.

The guy who has told me about this Arab also told me about Al-Fahim...and was spot on about him being a joke.

The Rovers Arab is a serious chap with money. He has made it, so is no fool.

Something needs to happen, because we really can't go on like this.

I almost get the feeling that if they thought they could get away with it, the trust would fold the club, thinking that cutting their losses there and then would be less expensive than carrying on pumping money in, waiting for a white knight who never arrives.

Something needs to happen, because we really can't go on like this.

I almost get the feeling that if they thought they could get away with it, the trust would fold the club, thinking that cutting their losses there and then would be less expensive than carrying on pumping money in, waiting for a white knight who never arrives.

They'd be lynched (and rightly so!).

There should be a little bit...about the price. Nothing earth-moving.

Cracking tale about David Dunn, mind you. Off the wall, so to speak.

The tale about Dunn is now in the Dingle Derby thread. :lol:

I have to say that a new owner would not excite me in the slightest unless he was a benefactor (ie very rare) and not an investor which is what most of the new owners are.

If he's an investor then he could be even worse than the current Trust owners as they are reasonably content to just balance the books from Rovers - to not gain or lose anything from us. If we have someone trying to make money from us then he could be more willing to take risks a la Portsmouth. It's very hard to see how we could possibly be a serious profit making club given our location, size of support etc etc.

If he's a Jack Walker esque benefactor then it's an entirely different matter.

Archived