BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

I wonder if a possible new owner would continue with the cheap season tickets etc and the good club/ fan relationship that has been built over the years?.This is the huge worry that any interested parties could come into the club with big ideas that just are simply not compatible with the local area.

There is NO money to be made from our club.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is NO money to be made from our club.

Agreed so therefore a real 'investor' would run a mile.

It's worth noting our current owners are dollar billionaires. They're not far off Randy Lerner in terms of wealth...it's more what they do with the money that counts.

Nobody gets that wealthy through flogging dead horses.

Something needs to happen, because we really can't go on like this.

Why can't we? Off the top of my head I can think of about 80 clubs in this country alone that envy us.

They'd be lynched (and rightly so!).

And in a nutshell that is why most wealthy possibles would never choose a football club as a viable investment. Why go through all that sh1t with idiotic supporters who couldn't run for a bus never mind run a business? Especially when they could quietly invest elsewhere and make far more money.

47er you don't want an investor ..... you want a rich idiot with a death wish.

I have to say that a new owner would not excite me in the slightest unless he was a benefactor (ie very rare) and not an investor which is what most of the new owners are.

If he's an investor then he could be even worse than the current Trust owners as they are reasonably content to just balance the books from Rovers - to not gain or lose anything from us. If we have someone trying to make money from us then he could be more willing to take risks a la Portsmouth. It's very hard to see how we could possibly be a serious profit making club given our location, size of support etc etc.

If he's a Jack Walker esque benefactor then it's an entirely different matter.

I sense a levelling of the playing field in the future. Many Prem owners are feeling the pinch and will be drawing their horns in as the recent transfer window illustrated. Unfortunately with a small base of supporters only willing or able to pay half price that will still leave us at a disadvantage.

Nicko, sure you thought Dan Williams was 'Mr Right'....

I thought he had some good ideas. He and his pals would have felt a bit sick if they had bought the club for £45 million three years ago...over-priced, said so at the time.

And I should remind you that it was the club who were doing the real talking with Williams - and thought he was their saviour.

It's worth noting our current owners are dollar billionaires. They're not far off Randy Lerner in terms of wealth...it's more what they do with the money that counts.

And what our current owners do with their money means they are no bloody use to us!

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=blackburn-rovers-sales-pitch%26method=full%26objectid=22109866%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

"£25million for the club - with THREE potential buyers.

The club also want any new owner to pick up their debts which are thought to be around the £20m mark - by no means a huge figure for a Premier League outfit."

With the trust seemingly unwilling to inject any cash rather than covering basic costs and forcing Rovers to sell to buy new investment is definatly needed. If it is a new owner then i think its the only option.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=blackburn-rovers-sales-pitch%26method=full%26objectid=22109866%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

"£25million for the club - with THREE potential buyers.

The club also want any new owner to pick up their debts which are thought to be around the £20m mark - by no means a huge figure for a Premier League outfit."

With the trust seemingly unwilling to inject any cash rather than covering basic costs and forcing Rovers to sell to buy new investment is definatly needed. If it is a new owner then i think its the only option.

3 potential buyers. We have heard about an Arab, although he currently remains nameless. who are the other two potential buyers.

An Arab, an Israeli and an Egyptian* walk into a football club - is this some sort of joke?

*: made that bit up.

Why can't we? Off the top of my head I can think of about 80 clubs in this country alone that envy us.

Because they're giving us the bare minimum to get by and in the end that spells relemegashun.

Nicko,you state you thought our club was 'over priced' at just 45 Million.....why?

Now I personally cant believe our club is only valued at 25 Million. :blink:

the club is only worth as much as the owners are willing to sell for and if they are sick of losing money to us year in year out then they might just want out as soon as possible then they can just move on. also, bare in mind the people who come in will (hopefully) have to pay the £25mil then more money to cancel the debts and possibly even spend money investing in the club.

nicko, if there is one thing i have learnt from you it is the '3 club rule'. is this a '3 owner rule' putting pressure on the interested guy to make a move, testing if he's serious?

Our whole club is worth less than Carlos Tevez.

Puts matters into perspective doesn't it! :unsure:

not really. if you bought the club, sold all the players, the stadium and stripped the club of every asset we are worth quite a lot more than tevez. but yeah, i'm hoping if someone buys into the club they won't be doing that haha.

I thought he had some good ideas. He and his pals would have felt a bit sick if they had bought the club for £45 million three years ago...over-priced, said so at the time.

Why? Thats just under our income for a year, and at a guess I'd say that we must have grossed over 35-40m in sales since then. RSC, Hughes, Warnock, Freidel and 50% of Bentley. Given that the lot only cost about 5 or 6 million a chunk of that 45 mill could have been recouped very quickly. The rest of the squad together with Ewood and Brockhall would still have left a big chunk on the books. A ruthless asset stripper could have made a big profit out of that 45m.

nicko, said:

There should be a little bit...about the price. Nothing earth-moving.

Cracking tale about David Dunn, mind you. Off the wall, so to speak.

tyhat is by no means a cracking tale about Dunny if those supporters tried to do anything before the turf moor showdown would hope they get arrested and chucked in the slammers for that kind of behaviour also, not having a dig at you or anything at least our Dunn is a much better player than the pile of garbage up the road abnd at least he would not be daft enough as the Derby reject to head back to his keeper from the half way line after watching that piece I could not help my sides from almost splitting thought I might send the clip to Jeremy Beadle see what he thinks of it! LOL! :D

Nicko,you state you thought our club was 'over priced' at just 45 Million.....why?

Now I personally cant believe our club is only valued at 25 Million. :blink:

Over-priced at £45 million seems to have been proved by the fact that nobody bought it...and the group trying to sell it now want just £25 million.

And still haven't found a buyer.

So maybe it's over-priced at £25 million too.

Archived