BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to Balwar, i'd have thought Rovers could realistically have an EBITDA target of around £1m - £3m per year with this fluctuating annually based on a past seasons performance and its recruitment or investment costs.

Anything higher than this would be pure fanatasy island stuff.

When does Ince and his clowns contracts end, is it this August ?

Over-priced at £45 million seems to have been proved by the fact that nobody bought it...and the group trying to sell it now want just £25 million.

And still haven't found a buyer.

So maybe it's over-priced at £25 million too.

I think to be honest nicko your just like the rest of us concerning the real details set out for those interested in purchasing our club...you/we dont really know!.

It might not have been the initial 45 million price tag that put interested parties off but the strict guidelines set out by the 'Walker will' designed to sort out the real deal from the shyters?

Over priced at 25 million?.....now you REALLY are taking the pish fella! :lol:

It makes me cringe to see those numbers and think what any of the post-JW managers could have done with that money, not even factoring in inflation.

EDIT: Pedersen joined in the summer of 04 I believe, unless it's a different guy?

Sadly Morten is the third @#/? player we've had called Pedersen.

I think to be honest nicko your just like the rest of us concerning the real details set out for those interested in purchasing our club...you/we dont really know!.

It might not have been the initial 45 million price tag that put interested parties off but the strict guidelines set out by the 'Walker will' designed to sort out the real deal from the shyters?

Maybe it's got more to do with Rovers is not the glamour club you are going to be able to make money out of...buying Rovers would be an act of love for the club...

Hey, Morten is doing just fine right now thank you.

Losing Morten now would represent the tipping point.

No, he isn't. And hopefully next season when we actually have a centre midfielder with a bit of grit and determination then you'll see the difference. He's playing better than he was, but there's a huge amount of ground between his performances in the past and what you could actually term as 'good'. He's only doing well by the shockingly low standard he's previously set for himself.

It is worth noting that only Nicko has said "the owners are desperate to sell" and the quality of his contacts at Rovers are open to question.

Wow! You've dared to question Nicko. You'll cop for it now for sure Gunner! ;)^_^

He's playing better than he was, but there's a huge amount of ground between his performances in the past and what you could actually term as 'good'. He's only doing well by the shockingly low standard he's previously set for himself.

It's called the David Dunn Syndrome. All symptoms will disappear once the ink is dry in his new contract and normal service will be resumed. <_<

It is worth noting that only Nicko has said "the owners are desperate to sell" and the quality of his contacts at Rovers are open to question.

How ironic, Mr intimation (aka. Billy bullsh!t) himself questions Nicko's contacts at the club.

Now that really did make me laugh!

No, he isn't. And hopefully next season when we actually have a centre midfielder with a bit of grit and determination then you'll see the difference. He's playing better than he was, but there's a huge amount of ground between his performances in the past and what you could actually term as 'good'. He's only doing well by the shockingly low standard he's previously set for himself.

O yes he is B4E, dont know which games you've watched recently but MGP has played more goalscoring passes, crosses than anyone else at the club. In winning prem games since moving inside MGPhas proved a big success.

Going back to Balwar, i'd have thought Rovers could realistically have an EBITDA target of around £1m - £3m per year with this fluctuating annually based on a past seasons performance and its recruitment or investment costs.

Anything higher than this would be pure fanatasy island stuff.

When does Ince and his clowns contracts end, is it this August ?

I'd have thought it'd be somewhere in that range too JAL. So if we say the high end case of 3m then the club is effectively levered at 15 times to get a total value of 45m. For comparison the valuation of Man U is somewhere around the 7 times mark I believe, and that's about the rate at which new deals are currently being done at in most businesses.

Since the price tag doesn't work on that particular valuation model you would have to think that any prospective owner would need to supplement income in the same way the Trust is doing now, buying low and selling high.

Depressing but it just adds to the argument that Rovers are not a good business prospect as it currently stands, unless a buyer thinks they can somehow generate revenue streams outside of player sales. Possible but unlikely.

I'd have thought it'd be somewhere in that range too JAL. So if we say the high end case of 3m then the club is effectively levered at 15 times to get a total value of 45m. For comparison the valuation of Man U is somewhere around the 7 times mark I believe, and that's about the rate at which new deals are currently being done at in most businesses.

Since the price tag doesn't work on that particular valuation model you would have to think that any prospective owner would need to supplement income in the same way the Trust is doing now, buying low and selling high.

Depressing but it just adds to the argument that Rovers are not a good business prospect as it currently stands, unless a buyer thinks they can somehow generate revenue streams outside of player sales. Possible but unlikely.

I don't think anyone believes the Rovers are a good business prospect or ever will be or ever have been. If we are sold we will go to a very rich Rovers fan yet to manifest him/herself or to a very rich individual or group who simply fancy owning a Premier league Club for the fun of it and who do not expect any financial return. So I'm not holding my breath.

OK...who's buying?

You could have a nice house and think it's worth a few quid.

Then no-one buys.

So, what's it worth?

The point is the value of Rovers IS £25 million in the eyes of the sellers. That's the price quote din the past fortnight...and they STILL can't find a buyer.

Cue the Trustees fan club and the local paper issuing denials...

Cheers Balwer, buying low selling high doesnt seem to have an immediate future, so its going to get a dammed sight harder to try that business model what with the huge collective debts that football clubs are carrying today. Can fully see why the trust are extremely keen to get out now.

Using the 7 to 1 ratio by paying a pound and taking on the clubs debts, this would seem far too much to currently pay for the club.

Crazy isn't it? Here we have a PL club for sale, decent ground, good training facilities, general infrastructure etc. loyal but small fan base, strong management. All in all Rovers is a decent club. We have a guaranteed revenue stream from Sky of what? £35-40m, I forget now, for which we have to do very little other than avoid relegation and move the fixtures around. Despite this, as Balwer says, Rovers is clearly not a good business proposition and will probably end up being given away for very little. If it were a reasonable investment the trust wouldn't be trying to flog it!

For me this is yet another illustration of the dire state of the game. A business with almost guaranteed income is worth buttons. Crazy, absolutely bloody crazy. Football in this country is stuffed, the sooner the clubs recognise the fact and address it the better for all concerned.

I think we have to face up to the fact Rovers is worth very little to prospective buyers and I for one hope we are not sold.

OK...who's buying?

Then no-one buys.

So, what's it worth?

The point is the value of Rovers IS £25 million in the eyes of the sellers. That's the price quote din the past fortnight...and they STILL can't find a buyer.

Surely no one would even risk buying at this stage of the season when there is still a chance of relegation, it makes more sense to sit back and wait to see if Rovers really do stay in the PL before making final decision re purchase.

Surely no one would even risk buying at this stage of the season when there is still a chance of relegation, it makes more sense to sit back and wait to see if Rovers really do stay in the PL before making final decision re purchase.

What makes you think the price would be below 25m if Rovers are relegated? If that happened, various players would leave - for a fee. To be replaced by other players, probable cheaper. Then there is the parachute payments etc. 25m for a football club with the facilities that Rovers have is a good price. Though the price would be 45m. because of the debts that Rovers have.

Crazy isn't it? Here we have a PL club for sale, decent ground, good training facilities, general infrastructure etc. loyal but small fan base, strong management. All in all Rovers is a decent club. We have a guaranteed revenue stream from Sky of what? £35-40m, I forget now, for which we have to do very little other than avoid relegation and move the fixtures around. Despite this, as Balwer says, Rovers is clearly not a good business proposition and will probably end up being given away for very little. If it were a reasonable investment the trust wouldn't be trying to flog it!

For me this is yet another illustration of the dire state of the game. A business with almost guaranteed income is worth buttons. Crazy, absolutely bloody crazy. Football in this country is stuffed, the sooner the clubs recognise the fact and address it the better for all concerned.

I think we have to face up to the fact Rovers is worth very little to prospective buyers and I for one hope we are not sold.

You then have to ask the question, could Rovers survive without being sold. would the club be able to continue as a going concern. The trustees clearly want to get rid, sell so the club will not benefit by them still owning the club.

Like it or not Rovers need investment. The only way at this moment is to be owned by somebody who wants them. Ok they could generate some income by naming rights for ewood park, sponsorship for the riverside. But these are not enough.

there will not be another Jack Walker for Rovers, that is a fact that has to be faced. Therefore we have to be thankful for the luxury that we had. Sadly it is over and for the club to continue it has to move on. £25mill price is a come and buy us price. Presenting an opportunity for another investor to see what they can do with the club.

For a sale to go through it is my view that the club needs to advertise more the that fact the club is up for sale - let known the price - see who comes forward and chose the best, especailly with regards to their funding, ambitions etc. I am sure that with John Williams Rovers have a man who will do what is best for Rovers.

It is ironic that acording to the media man U have about two interested parties willing to take them over. Which would cost a minimim of a billion. But Rovers for sale for 25m plus the 20m debt cannot entice people interested in Rovers. Liverpool with all their debt also have interested parties.

But it also appears that there are a few parties interested in buying or investing in a football club (especially if we believe reports about pompey) but how many of those are decent investors and not wasters.

I do not accept that rovers could not be a good business for a decent investor. When Jack Walker came in the club was on its knees - look where it is now. Sadly Jack was not able to continue to build the club further. But I believe that there is still more that can be done for Rovers to take the club on further and generate money.

OK...who's buying?

Then no-one buys.

So, what's it worth?

Cue the Trustees fan club and the local paper issuing denials...

Until the accursed PL idea came along there was not one single football club in the whole of Gt. Britain(and probably the World) that was what any reasonable business man would regard as a "genuine business proposition". All were run on a "let's hope that we can break even over a long term" approach, and it worked on the whole. The quicker the whole rotten circus of "let's make big moneyout of football" collapses in ruins (as it inevitably will) the better it will be for genuine competitive football and for the fans. Roll on the happy day when the greedy blood sucking barstewards get bored and F*** off to find some other way of exploiting people.

Until the accursed PL idea came along there was not one single football club in the whole of Gt. Britain(and probably the World) that was what any reasonable business man would regard as a "genuine business proposition". All were run on a "let's hope that we can break even over a long term" approach, and it worked on the whole. The quicker the whole rotten circus of "let's make big moneyout of football" collapses in ruins (as it inevitably will) the better it will be for genuine competitive football and for the fans. Roll on the happy day when the greedy blood sucking barstewards get bored and F*** off to find some other way of exploiting people.

Quite right FR

Paul - Its as I have been saying for the past few seasons, and as mentioned do not want Rovers to be part of it - Rovers are as I have always saidsay 'unique'in a strange but true sort of way - dare I say it so are our illustrious neighbours of Bolton (maybe not as much) and Nobend and Bunleh (not as successful). A fine business model in the scheme of things exception being wages/turnover/income (just because the glorification requires it to survive to appease) turns into a no go business propostion - yet at the end of the day its still a sport

I cannot understand the clamour (well yes I can as we all know its about money -which goes out of the game anyway) and I too do not want Rovers to be taken over.

In addition , it can only be commercial carnage if people think that there are many more clubs that could be seen as a business proposition and it could happen to as surely it would just lead to a downwards spiral for those on an even bigger (losses) scale

At the end of the day its still a sport - and this is being severely overlooked and forgotten about by all involved.

Archived